My first turret EVER!

LordMaddog

VWj2QED.jpg

WOOT WOOT!

I can't say how AWESOME it is to be able to build my own turret .

I know my first one ant that great looking but ill get there :)

A few things I noticed though when building it .

First the grid size and scale  don't go any were near small enough, as it currently is we will have to build them out side of the turret  menu at much larger scale then copy and past them in to get fine details.

Secondly the camera can't zoom in far enough

both not a big deal and probably a easy fix.

Thirdly  when you scale your ship the turret  DOSE NOT scale with it and it becomes an eye sore. You can add more turrets and what not but they just look  goofy unless you spend hours rearranging your entire build every time you scale your ship.

IMHO the turrets should scale and the damage of the turret equipped in them should scale as well along with the slot cost as well. It is not OP or game braking in any way because you still have the hard turret slot cap. (The number of slots will need to be increased and correlating  damage lowered  for smooth scaling)

I know this will result in people  making massive spine mounted weapons  but they should be able to it is the ONE thing every one has been wanting sense day one.

This IS a big deal and I REALY hope Koonschi will think about it .

IMHO the turrets should scale and the damage of the turret equipped in them should scale as well along with the slot cost as well. It is not OP or game braking in any way because you still have the hard turret slot cap. (The number of slots will need to be increased and correlating  damage lowered  for smooth scaling)

I know this will result in people  making massive spine mounted weapons  but they should be able to it is the ONE thing every one has been wanting sense day one.

This IS a big deal and I REALY hope Koonschi will think about it .

Some alien looking gun, eh? :P Nice. Gotta try that editor myself.

About your suggestion tho - I'm not so sure if that is a good idea. It affects balance in a big way. There would be little reason to use smaller guns. Not to mention that if you didn't want the gun to be bigger, you'd have to remove it and then reinstall it. Overall I feel like it is kinda clunky and unreliable.

As is there is a lot of stuff to find anda lot of grind to do. Removing the hard coded slot requirement of gun removes one element that you can roll, therefore limiting the amount of items you can find. Don't like that all that much, tbh

About your suggestion tho - I'm not so sure if that is a good idea. It affects balance in a big way. There would be little reason to use smaller guns. Not to mention that if you didn't want the gun to be bigger, you'd have to remove it and then reinstall it. Overall I feel like it is kinda clunky and unreliable.

As is there is a lot of stuff to find anda lot of grind to do. Removing the hard coded slot requirement of gun removes one element that you can roll, therefore limiting the amount of items you can find. Don't like that all that much, tbh

It affects balance in a big way

No is dose not. the size of the ship is directly tided to your ship's slot no mater how you do the math you will have essentially the same dps. Unless you just don't have the turrets to add and that is all ready a really really easy thing to obtain.

There would be little reason to use smaller guns.

TBH there is already  little reason to use smaller guns. Only time I use one is if my slots have an odd number out and even then I usually forgo it just because its not worth the negligible dps.

This change on the other hand (if max turret slots were increased and correlating damage lowered for smother scaling IE a curent 5 slot weapon would cost 15 and max slots would be 90 instead of 30)  would make having real small anti fighter and torp guns quite viable instead of the annoyance they are now especially if turrets stay equipped when modifying you'r ship.  Just have an option that you can select that stops specified turrets from scaling, or manually shrink them your self.

if you didn't want the gun to be bigger, you'd have to remove it and then reinstall it.

once again,  Just have an option that you can select that stops specified turrets from scaling, or manually shrink them your self. Go into turret build mode scale it to w/e size you want. This you can do already but it dose not effect DPS so there is no use in doing it ATM.

As is there is a lot of stuff to find and a lot of grind to do. Removing the hard coded slot requirement of gun removes one element that you can roll, therefore limiting the amount of items you can find. Don't like that all that much

A what? have you played the game? The turret loot scales man.  You get to a new tire bigger guns drop and when you get a small drop it gose into the trash because it is WORTHLESSS. I have been from start to core  two times sense the turret slot size has been added and I can tell you that without a doubt.

If this was implanted it would actually give you MORE options not less also having less TRASH loot is ALLWAYS a good thing .

here is a pic of my toon on the  official EU test server.

lWh8MUC.jpg

As you can see most of those loots I have never even looked at and I have close to ten thousand of them, there is soooooo many that it's daunting to even think about having to do some thing with them especially with the mod auto research not being able to do turrets any more.

So, you're claiming that you have zero problem getting any gun you want - any size, type or rarity.

Yet you somehow need turret scaling because... reasons? If you have so many guns, why not simply place them? What do you need that scaling for?

If anything, what you should be suggesting is making gun-acquisition harder, because you have very easy time getting it.

So once again you fail to realize what kind of impact such change would have on balance.

Ps. Please refrain from have you even played the game ad hominems. Argue against my reasoning, not against my person. 

Okay, first of al, perq, dont see this as an offence, although it sounds like it prob.. please this is a forum can you leave out the weird latin words? I've no idea what you mean...

and being a bit nicer would be appreciated, as he's right to ask wether you play the game, as turrets scaling is kinda very obvious, but its not an offense or so.

So once again you fail to realize what kind of impact such change would have on balance.

wait what, there is like 0 impact on game balance, as 3 size 1 turrets do as much damage as 1 size 3, so adding scalingoptions wont matter anything. If you disagree, would you mind to tell us what you think the impact on the game balance is instead of just saying someone cant see it?

And on topic now, as i said before smaller turrets do have something extra to add to the game, as smaller ships now just have like 2 guns, but i would like more just so the ship can fire everywhere. And smaller turrets are even more important if you want to give the ship a combi of lets say lightning and rail. Not being able to acquire good small turrets has taken away the possibility to have a diverse set of weapons. I think that's a shame.

So, you're claiming that you have zero problem getting any gun you want - any size, type or rarity.

Yet you somehow need turret scaling because... reasons? If you have so many guns, why not simply place them? What do you need that scaling for?

If anything, what you should be suggesting is making gun-acquisition harder, because you have very easy time getting it.

Ps. Please refrain from have you even played the game ad hominems. Argue against my reasoning, not against my person.

Yet you somehow need turret scaling because... reasons?

Well if I were to be honest yes I more or less can though  I would like to feel happy when I do so, sadly as is I just kinda feel meh. I much rather get 10/th the amount of loots and be like WOW when I actually get a good one that I can be really take advantage of.

As for the reason  I want and NEED  turret scaling  it is almost completely ship style and aesthetic based. Best way to show that is with pics.

cxaAoRe.jpg

20180705234027_1.jpg?width=501&height=279

as you can see in both examples the turrets are precisely placed especially on that master piece  by Arakiss  how ever this is what happens when you scale a ship.

z6vp0Gi.jpg

Nasty isn't it?

It really shouldn't it should just be a simple as changing the slot size code, though I will admit that I dont have the source code and you do so I may be completely wrong.

I am sorry Koonschi I said that because I thought it might be you and I knew if it was you would respond just like this (As well you should) revealing your true identity.