New look for the forum!

cepheni

• Boxelware Team

You may have noticed - the new look for our forum is live! It features a more modern design as well as proper mobile support!

I hope you will enjoy it just as much as we do. If you have any questions/suggestions please feel free to voice them :)

This is, of course, only a visual update, your posts and post history are unchanged by it.

In case you miss the old design you can change  it back. Just go to your profile and find the option “look and layout”  under the section "modify profile". Click on it and change the current theme to "Avorion".

Parallel to the new design for the forum we continued working on the Combat Update part II. It still needs a bit of polishing and testing, but it’s looking really good!

Have a nice day!

2 more things wich could be better looking:

There is a headline in a huge box with blue background at every reply, wich always tells the same and wastes space. I think this should be smaller and maybe less highlighted.

Code tag is hard to read:

The code tag is dark color on dark background, hard to read.

I like the new look.

I'm wondering what happens if I delete the "Subject:" text, maybe then the bubble of which Hammelpilaw talks will be hidden...

//edit: empty subject string => error msg: "No subject was filled in"

//edit2: smileys don't work in subject string. should be :( ::)

It looks good, much better then the old one.

In some cases the profile image got a background color wich doesnt look really good if you have a profile image with transparency.

I agree.

Is it better now? :)

It looks good, much better then the old one.

In some cases the profile image got a background color wich doesnt look really good if you have a profile image with transparency.

I agree.

Is it better now? :)

Much better now, thanks. Please also watch the other suggestions I gave regarding the new look  :)

Watched.

Watched.

Great thanks. The code-fix didn't work for Firefox though, or it maybe it has never been bugged in other browser? Can't say, for Chromium based browsers it works, for Firefox it doesnt work. I still got dark color on dark background in all code tags. For firefox browsers it puts the

<code>

element inside of a

<pre>

element, wich makes css overwrite the color. Doesnt happen in some other browsers I tested.

another suggestion that just came to my mind:

as not everybody here seems to understand proper english, is it possible to show in which languages you are able to communicate?

I'm thinking of some checkboxes in account settings, which would result in showing flags of the checked languages under your forum avatar.

as not everybody here seems to understand proper english, is it possible to show in which languages you are able to communicate?

I'm thinking of some checkboxes in account settings, which would result in showing flags of the checked languages under your forum avatar.

Im against it, purely because he or she might understand it, but if someone else reads it, then its impossible to react to it. I honestly dont think its a that big problem, just some have bad grammar (me) or a bad choice of words (me), but as long as people can understand what's meant, i dont see it as a problem and adding more push to talk in non-englisch, would cause more misunderstandings because something wich has been explained in another language.

The official forum language is English I'm afraid. We can't start mixing languages, as we (the admins) only understand English and German, and therefore aren't able to maintain the forum once other languages get mixed in.

We decided that we won't accept German as most of the Avorion community doesn't understand German and we don't want anybody to be left out.

Watched.

Great thanks. The code-fix didn't work for Firefox though, or it maybe it has never been bugged in other browser? Can't say, for Chromium based browsers it works, for Firefox it doesnt work. I still got dark color on dark background in all code tags. For firefox browsers it puts the

<code>

element inside of a

<pre>

element, wich makes css overwrite the color. Doesnt happen in some other browsers I tested.

Ah. Now I get what you are talking about. I almost exclusively use Chrome, so I didn't see that. Give me a moment, I'll look into it.

Long titles cause the post response to look really bad and be almost unusable (attachment 1)

Reducing the size of the text in the

.navigate_section li span

fixes it

maybe just make that not wrap?

Or use up the whole area at least, right now its a

col-sm-8

and the

col-sm-4

used for

.social-icons

is empty, make it span the whole width.

The new forum look is cool ! But the new forum host is bad. It was kind of horrible to see "Gone..." yesterday :(.

Felt like the end of

, so it was like the host dropping any decency to suddenly threaten "u r dead nao dawg" to the devs :'(.

Let's fight for decent forum hosting conditions >:(.

The new forum look is cool ! But the new forum host is bad. It was kind of horrible to see "Gone..." yesterday :(.

Felt like the end of

, so it was like the host dropping any decency to suddenly threaten "u r dead nao dawg" to the devs :'(.

Let's fight for decent forum hosting conditions >:(.

The forum host didn't change, I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about. Please explain :)

Long titles cause the post response to look really bad and be almost unusable (attachment 1)

fixes it

col-sm-8

and the

col-sm-4

used for

.social-icons

Can you confirm that it is fixed now?

fixes it

col-sm-8

and the

col-sm-4

used for

.social-icons

Can you confirm that it is fixed now?

Works great thanks! I just edited the title of this post and it hid the extra text instead of wrapping it to a new line. Thanks!

Also I just noticed its hard to see the borders on quotes, maybe make them a lighter gray shade or even the same as the code borders? The #10131a is hard to see, I swapped it to white and it stood out much better.

Also I just noticed its hard to see the borders on quotes, maybe make them a lighter gray shade or even the same as the code borders? The #10131a is hard to see, I swapped it to white and it stood out much better.

I increased the background color slightly for more contrast, I hope that helps already