Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Scale turrets

LordMaddog

So, I know the combat re-balance has been talked about to no end and I know costume turrets is currently in the works and my ultimate hope is that turrets will be more like how you equip armor/weapons in RPGs. ( you make your costume turret slot on the ship then equip the looted turret to it.)

But I think it would be awesome if when we go to place a turret we could hold Q to scale it and the damage, gunner cost, and, the slot cost would scale with the size.

This would allow for soooo much more customizing, and make the game 20x better and I don't think the script for enabling it would take more then one day to write 

I'm almost feeling slot size increase is not even necessary as the main reason why slot size exists is projectile amount.

I'd really like turret autoscaling, like, at least even if half-effective (so size 1 turrets equipped on a size 11 hardpoint would scale to size 6), so the size 20 BWAARF Dissuasion Cannon on my future Narusegawa-class Light Destroyer would hit for more than the Point Defense Chainguns.

• 2 weeks later...

Scaling a ship is using more raw resources to build bigger ship.

Scaling a weapon is... weird?

I also think it would limit the amount of stuff you can find by a lot, therefore limiting gameplay diversity: you found one (good) gun, you use it till the end of time by simply scaling it up.

Not to mention it would be a monstrosity to balance.

Current system encourages grinding and looking for stuff that you need. Limiting it wouldn't make game any better, imo.

I also think it would limit the amount of stuff you can find by a lot, therefore limiting gameplay diversity: you found one (good) gun, you use it till the end of time by simply scaling it up.

Current system encourages grinding and looking for stuff that you need. Limiting it wouldn't make game any better, imo.

Wrong on all accounts as it is now getting a good loot is MEH felling . That SHOULD NEVER BE!

This would mean you be like WOOOT WOOT because it  would really be use full to you.

As for diversity this would add a lot because atm you just slap w/e crap has the highest dps on to your cobbled mess of random turrets. (Witch tbh is one of the biggest problems with this game.)

This would make it possible for structured turret set up instead of allways picking the highest dps. Want a  fleet that all your ships have their own nitch? FORGET IT with the current systme  until you get to end game and spend hundreds of hours building you own turrets and by that time  it's best to just pick the highest dps.

This would fix that to a great extent .

Ah no this would not effect balance at all  because turret slot count is already balanced .

I am not sure if you know this but once you find an equipment dock  you can jump in and out of it's sector to get a new list of loot every time that is currently the best way to 'look for stuff that you need'.

Also you are not limiting it you are just giving the player a little bit more satisfaction and taking  the RNG god down one peg witch is a good thing .

Wrong on all accounts as it is now getting a good loot is MEH felling . That SHOULD NEVER BE!

I'm not wrong. This is my opinion. Getting good loot feels good to me. That said, I'm not even sure how would scaling even change that.

Well you are eitherway not into turret factory's or you never feel good about turrets that drop, because they suck compared to factory made guns with the exception of flak, lasers and pdc. Once you are making turrets, drops suck as there is always a better gun to be made. Your opinion is never wrong, thats right, but i dont think there are many people sharing your opinion because found turrets are just meh compared to factory guns

Getting good loot feels good to me. That said, I'm not even sure how would scaling even change that.

Ah I see  I need to explain.

first there turret factories and they are ALLWAYS better then loot drops.

But what I am referring to here is this

So when you get a epic gun that  has around 10 to 15% better damage then your other loot (witch is rear do to the random generation) it dose not make that big of a difference infact the effect is usually negligible because you have any were from 15 to 30 other guns .

As a result getting better loot is uselessly just a hassle  :(  because you have to go into your 15 other guns find the worst one and replace it. <-- done this so many times I don't even bother most of the time any more I just wait till I make my ship bigger then just randomly place the highest dps on my ship were ever they fit.

If you could scale guns though you could make this awesome new loot your main weapon and it would make a massive difference  in turn making  you ecstatic when your realized you just got a better gun.