Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

regarding faction gain/loss

Kampfkrapfn

I've set up a meat grinder in an empty sector these days. Giant carrier ship, tesla fighters, chaingun fighters, salvaging fighters. works quite well.

then a neutral headhunter squad jumped in. great, I thought, now I also gain a bit of faction additionally to the turrets & system mods. in most cases when a pirate patrol or some xsotan jump in, this works. but from time to time there occur faction losses of exactly 5000, and I can't figure out what causes this.

any ideas?

You can easily go from 100% Admired to 100% Hated in seconds with a huge salvaging squad if a friendly ship gets stuck next to a wreck... even though you won't hurt their shields with your salvagers they will still hate you. So that might be it, one of your salvagers might be hitting them for a second and making them angry.

okay ... that sucks.

so salvagers should not fire as long as anything that is not a wreck is in the line of fire ...

Yes the "attack now" needs to be updated in general to check line of fire before attacking for mining, salvaging and regular weaponry.

Also the "ouch now I hate you" needs to check if damage was actually done first, because mining lasers don't hurt shields, so they shouldn't get pissed at you.