Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Sector Layout and Remote Ship Command

Rockethrob

Suggestion

Hello and well done on the game thus far. It's certainly one of the most enjoyable sandbox games out there, and certainly the most enjoyable space sandbox. It seems very well balanced and has few bugs - none of which have thus far truly inhibited my enjoyment of the game.

There are two things that I would truly love to see implemented:

First, the sectors are just procedurally distributed clusters within 50km of one another. I would be overjoyed to see a more reasonable solar-system-like layout in each sector, with planets (not explorable, of course, you pointed this out as another project in the 'read this first' section), asteroid belts, stars, black holes, pulsars, moons, and others. Much of the skins that you have could be used, and it would make the game feel a LOT more vibrant and give it a more enjoyable sense of exploration. Naturally, some kind of FTL travel may have to be included, like the frameshift drive in Elite Dangerous. I am curious to hear your feedback on this, as it would make the game significantly more appealing.

The second is more realistic and immediate: being able to control ships you own from other sectors. It's troublesome to have a ship run out of asteroids halfway across the galaxy and not be able to do anything about it until you physically go there. That being said, I think this topic has been broached before, so forgive the redundancy.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

3 answers to this suggestion

Indeed, but that falls within the realm of "physically go there". It would be nice to be able to right-click on the sector, select "ships", select the one you want, and then give it orders to travel to another sector. Then, when it arrives, perform the same series of actions to give it orders. Skip the loading screens and the inconvenience.