Steam workshop: help me stop complaining plz ...

Kampfkrapfn

I'm near to starting a rant about steam workshop ....

Just started a new SP galaxy - and because I'm not very good in creating ships, I was searching some plans for the early stages.

Okay, let's search for a real starter ship ... set checkboxes "Iron" and "Titanium", select "early game" from stages

=> 5 of the first 6 ships need Naonite or better to be built, the 6th one is nearly unmaneuverable. Ship#7 was the first to fit my expectations (not to talk of what I really WANTED).

@Community:

PLEASE ... You guys are investing so much time and effort in building great ships ... why don't you spend those 10 minutes extra to enter all the necessary information to your uploads? And if it's only a list of material types and amount that you used, and the number of system slots. That would help so much when searching for a new ship! The template when uploading your plans is so easy to understand ... DAMNED AXE!! IF YOUR SHIP HAS HANGARS, THEN IT MAY BE EVERYTHING, BUT IT'S SURELY _NOT_A_FIGHTER_ TYPE !!!

@devs:

Is it possible to add more search options at the workshop? System slot count would be nice, and a way to exclude blueprints which use certain materials.

And please, add a version check. This way a mass of "old" and "throw-away" plans could be filtered out.

Of course, we'll never get rid of ALL that trash, but we could at least TRY it !

I know what you feel, I tried to find a ship for early stages but nearly EVERY SHIP uses avorion, I think that if I got avorion is because I am finishing the game "discovering" and I dont want a new ship because my ship got me into avorion

Good thing there is a Creations subforum ! Never enough starters however ;).

The tag confusion is pretty possible when there's no guidelines, as some builders can get dumb, like

• Putting an higher material than the tagged material(s), as some people never go into survival to build their own ships with materials they mined, hence not understanding the way materials become available to the player (remember: the cool yellow and red lights will cost Xanion or Avorion, what players at Trinium core-distance will have zero of, as is, not the tiniest speck of em >:()
  • Putting the fighter tag on a carrier, because it carries fighters' ::)
  • The early game to late game combo is confusing: I guess "starter" would be "less than 6 000 Iron and 1 500 Tita", "early game" would be basic cheap ships, and "late game" would be expensive "PvP builds"
  • Same things with the arbitrary classification, especially as there's no more information, besides maybe battleship volume/mass/slots (as there's an achievement for it) ?