Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Small advice for making the already amazing game better!!!

_OMAR_

Suggestion

Hi!

Thank you for such amazin game!

I have a few ideas that very easy to make it real yet really effectively make the game more immersive!!!

1.)  Spotlight Block. Its a simple light block just like any other in the game but unlike others this has a projectile of lighting. I noticed the game has amazing lighting effects already built in so having such a block will be Amazing!! It would be like bigger the block stronger the light etc... This block can be turned on and off when its needed and as the material used plus the size changes the energy it requares is also. So It wont break the game but add much more!

2.) Pitch black sectors. In all sectors there is a star to cast light. But if we have Spotlight Block then we can have such sectors without a star. Just imagine how exciting it would be to fight with ships in pitch black seeing their lights only which btw means regular ships should have spotlights and regular lights etc like real life planes as obligatory... Just imagine the beautiful creation this comminuty will make with those!

3.) This is just a simple humble request for making our job on building a lot more easy... Paint All Button... Simply an option to paint all the blocks to selected color.

Thank you Very MUCH!!!  :) :D ;D

2 answers to this suggestion

0.) If you have ideas and suggestions, don't call them an "advice". Such reference can unintentionally affect the context of your post for other community members in a negative way.

1.) The thing is, a spotlight block will Not be as simple as any other block from the get-go. Current Glow blocks do not actually light-up the surrounding blocks, but rather produce a correspondingly colored radial overlay, aside from their own glow falloff. That means, that for all intents and purposes, it is static. Creating a block, that would produce dynamic light spots can have a significant effect on game performance. It is possible to make, but personally I wouldn't expect it. There's no feature in any game, that stands firm merely by being amazing.

2.) There is a plethora of issues with such idea. First off, such regions are technically impossible within the galaxy. Even away from any parent star, there's thousands upon thousands of distant light sources, which produce ambient illumination especially apparent in such conditions. Second, it doesn't make sense to have sectors literally in the middle of nowhere. All of the sectors represent the area of interest in the gravitational influence of a celestial object - there's no reason to navigate to them otherwise. All the interesting environments and resources in space are bound to planets or stars with relatively stable location, otherwise its impossible to have them as a waypoint. Third, I can "just imagine" a lot of things, but from my experience such sectors will in the end be neglected and avoided from purely utilitarian reasons. Fourth, if spotlights are introduced, then they're supposed to be valuable and desirable on their own, and introducing a feature to support their use is redundant.

3.) Not a new suggestion, but fair enough.