[MOD][Stations] Yet Another Mine 1.1

NerArth

shame on me, I didn't upgrade to 1.1 yet ...

I wanted to investigate a bit more in "my" issue - and I got some news:

1. the duplication happens in only one sector. the stations that I built in another sector did not cause any duplicates.

2. from time to time, messages appear that say I got 90 material, instead of 900. here is a server log where that happens at singleplayer start, then a bit later there's the normal 900 material gain, and then there's a bunch of 90-messages. shortly afterwards I shut down my game to keep the logfile as short as possible.

... updating to 1.1 now - maybe you should do a "hey, I made an update" posting whenever you update your mod :)

//edit: it's not clear to me how /yamup works from only reading your description: do I have to target the to-be-upgraded extractor? if not, what happens if I use the command and there is no extractor in the sector, or there are multiple ones? guess I'll simply try.

//edit2: idea for next update: new command "/yamsell" - I don't have to explain, do I :D ?

shame on me, I didn't upgrade to 1.1 yet ...

I wanted to investigate a bit more in "my" issue - and I got some news:

1. the duplication happens in only one sector. the stations that I built in another sector did not cause any duplicates.

2. from time to time, messages appear that say I got 90 material, instead of 900. here is a server log where that happens at singleplayer start, then a bit later there's the normal 900 material gain, and then there's a bunch of 90-messages. shortly afterwards I shut down my game to keep the logfile as short as possible.

Hm, when the 90 resource messages happen after the first time, have you been moving around sectors? There's a lot going on in this log and it will take some time to go through; did you notice more or less when exactly it happened? (1000 YAM search matches :'()

... updating to 1.1 now - maybe you should do a "hey, I made an update" posting whenever you update your mod :)

//edit: it's not clear to me how /yamup works from only reading your description: do I have to target the to-be-upgraded extractor? if not, what happens if I use the command and there is no extractor in the sector, or there are multiple ones? guess I'll simply try.

//edit2: idea for next update: new command "/yamsell" - I don't have to explain, do I :D ?

Oops, you may be right about the help for the command, I'll have a look at that. I also would like to add a list of current costs to the command help but it was being a bit tricky and I hadn't decided on a good way.

8) Sure. Selling the station sounds ok to me, but how much do you expect to get back?

hmmm .... I'd say 50% would be an acceptable return.

I've got two smaller logs for you, regarding the 90-material-issue: Client/Server

here it's always 90, although one of the stations is at level6 and should produce 5400

I think this happens since I deleted all of the stations in the duplicating-sector - but the good thing is, the duplicating doesn't happen any more

I'm thinking of deleting any extractor stations that I built by now, and starting some new extractors in another sector.

//edit: forget (nearly) everything about the 90-material-issue - as soon as I jumped into the extractor sector, the production normalized to the expected values.

another suggestion: I'm missing a way of displaying the extractor level... how about adding a new tab to the ships tabs, is that possible ? you could place a level indicator and some sort of upgrad-button there.

hmmm .... I'd say 50% would be an acceptable return.

Hm, ok. But do you mean including upgrade costs or just from base cost? I suppose it could be something that can be changed in the config anyway, but 50%-ish of base or total value is probably ok... I'll think about it anyway.

another suggestion: I'm missing a way of displaying the extractor level... how about adding a new tab to the ships tabs, is that possible ? you could place a level indicator and some sort of upgrad-button there.

Yes, no worries, in the next major version, this will definitely have improvements, as will other details. :D

Yes, no worries, in the next major version, this will definitely have improvements, as will other details. :D

:D

by the way, (yeah, the 90-material-thing won't let me sleep calmly ...) there's a 90-material-cycle everytime I activate a regenerative asteroid field... but the last two days when I watched this explicitely, it always changed to the expected value in the next cycle.

:D

by the way, (yeah, the 90-material-thing won't let me sleep calmly ...) there's a 90-material-cycle everytime I activate a regenerative asteroid field... but the last two days when I watched this explicitely, it always changed to the expected value in the next cycle.

I haven't spent as much time as I'd like on this but I have been working on adding a little icon that will show up on the top right if you enter your extractor station, and by clicking this a window will show with information about the station and an option to sell the station and to upgrade (or even downgrade) the station.

I've done most of the basic work on the structure, I just need to get the upgrade/selling functions to work properly, so nothing to show for now.

As for your concern about the 90 material cycle, I'll try to investigate this with the regenerative asteroids mod when I get a chance, as I have that mod installed too but haven't really noticed this behaviour. Which extractors are being affected, as far as you can tell? Ones in that regenerative sector only or all of the extractors?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

If this mod is still in active development, I would like to mention that I have encountered an issue when trying to create an Avorion mine. Whenever I use the command on a ship, the usual message appears stating I've paid for the mine, but then I get kicked stating that there was no response from the server.

If this mod is still in active development, I would like to mention that I have encountered an issue when trying to create an Avorion mine. Whenever I use the command on a ship, the usual message appears stating I've paid for the mine, but then I get kicked stating that there was no response from the server.

Would you  by chance already have another resource station up and running?

Because I successfully made one without issue, before experiencing what you are describing.

To be more clear.  After creating a ship from the drone, and just leaving it in the default iron block, typing in "/yam <material> "would seem begin the "lost connection" issue .

Once the command is entered, the player is unable to do anything that requires the game to do loading, probably because the command has already disconnected the session from the server and is running "client-side" only.  Another possibility would be there exists a looping issue in the script that that the engine tries again and again to fire with no success. Eventually ending in the lost connection message. No other input would be possible due to this script taking priority. It takes about 1-2 minutes after entering the /yam command for the lost connection message to show up.

Some findings from casual testing:

-It's probably nothing to do with the locale of the  ship/station. Distance from stations and ships have no impact, including empty sectors.

-It seems to have nothing to do with what sort of ship is used for the /yam command. Single block, or otherwise, the same bug initiates the same as the above.

-Using a station founding ship purchased from a shipyard , and trying to build a normal station from it causes the exact same bug as above! Even without invoking the /yam commands. For example, using the ship to found a potato farm would pretty much initiate the bug when you hit the  "OK" in the confirm transaction warning screen.

-Using the default config doesn't seem to stop this from happening.

-Not a mod conflict. This was the only mod I'm testing with.

-Created a new universe.  Successfully created first station with /yam, but second one exhibits the same bug. Deleted the station and then tried the /yam command again, and still got the lost connection bug.

-Can't seem to have two of them it seems.

- Using the beta and the stable steam release..

Would you  by chance already have another resource station up and running?

Because I successfully made one without issue, before experiencing what you are describing.

To be more clear.  After creating a ship from the drone, and just leaving it in the default iron block, typing in "/yam <material> "would seem begin the "lost connection" issue .

Once the command is entered, the player is unable to do anything that requires the game to do loading, probably because the command has already disconnected the session from the server and is running "client-side" only.  Another possibility would be there exists a looping issue in the script that that the engine tries again and again to fire with no success. Eventually ending in the lost connection message. No other input would be possible due to this script taking priority. It takes about 1-2 minutes after entering the /yam command for the lost connection message to show up.

Some findings from casual testing:

-It's probably nothing to do with the locale of the  ship/station. Distance from stations and ships have no impact, including empty sectors.

-It seems to have nothing to do with what sort of ship is used for the /yam command. Single block, or otherwise, the same bug initiates the same as the above.

-Using a station founding ship purchased from a shipyard , and trying to build a normal station from it causes the exact same bug as above! Even without invoking the /yam commands. For example, using the ship to found a potato farm would pretty much initiate the bug when you hit the  "OK" in the confirm transaction warning screen.

-Using the default config doesn't seem to stop this from happening.

-Not a mod conflict. This was the only mod I'm testing with.

-Created a new universe.  Successfully created first station with /yam, but second one exhibits the same bug. Deleted the station and then tried the /yam command again, and still got the lost connection bug.

-Can't seem to have two of them it seems.

- Using the beta and the stable steam release..

Going back to v0.21.4 in Steam  resolved this issue for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just not working for me idk why but the commands are not even showing up when i type them in

so i got it working the problem is some mods need to go into the "C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Avorion" folder and others can go right into the game folder were stream installed it and i was confused by that but after putting it in the Game folder it works now

• 1 year later...

its 2 years later and i am back is this mod still alive and working? i wanted to start playing this game again

well this mod is still working (update 2.0) but it has to be installed to were the main file for the game is not were you really should install it but hey i dont care as long as it still works thats good enough for me 😄

Edited by SirPhoenixBlood

These mods pre-date the steam workshop modding section, which is why they were never made into mods there. I am not developing these mods anymore but I have thought of reviving them in a different way, which if possible, would make use of factories or raw ores. I should really mark these as obsolete and untested with newer versions. At the moment I'm not sure I have enough time to really look into doing any mods, which is why I haven't started anything recently. But I'd be surprised if nobody else has developed any other mod that fulfils the same role as passive resource stations.

At present my method for side-stepping (my) resource problems in 2.0 Avorion is to go into the galaxy config and set ores/wrecks to 15x multipliers, so that automated captains on away missions can gather a million or so in a few hours, depending on setup.

Edited by NerArth