[MOD] MoveUI Plugin - Sector Ship Notifier (UI shows all ships in sector!)

DracoNB

I just did a big derp. I forgot part of what made my own modifications work in the first place. Updated that now. Version 1.4 is here to greet you.

The "[!]" symbol and all changes mentioned above are now Beta Branch 0.20.2 compliant. This mod replaces /entity/bulletinboard.lua, so will clash with other mods that modify that script.

bulletinboard.lua needs to be installed both client- and serverside.

MoveUI_ShipNotifierAddOn-v1.4.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having a little difficulty with this mod.  I have MOVEUI installed and configured and it appears to be working as it should.  I have installed ShipNotifier as described.  When I restart Avorion, I can fond the ShipNotifier on/off checkbox on the main page of the MOVEUI setup dialogue and I have also located the ShipNotifier configuration page.  Selecting the "Show Friendlies" checkbox and turning on the function on the main MOVEUI page, I can see the outline of the ShipNotifier box, but when I click to display the actual info, I see nothing there.  This is in a sector with many friendlies (I am admired here), plus two of my other ships. 

I am on Beta 21.2.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to rectify this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed it on the server and client.

But i got this Error:

Eat-My-Shorts: mods/MoveUI/scripts/player/ShipNotifier.lua: Function 'detect' is

uncallable from remote. To call it from remote, enter it into the 'Callable' ta

ble with 'callable(...).'

What can i do?

I running the latest Version on both.

Sorry for my bad english  ::)

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a little difficulty with this mod.  I have MOVEUI installed and configured and it appears to be working as it should.  I have installed ShipNotifier as described.  When I restart Avorion, I can fond the ShipNotifier on/off checkbox on the main page of the MOVEUI setup dialogue and I have also located the ShipNotifier configuration page.  Selecting the "Show Friendlies" checkbox and turning on the function on the main MOVEUI page, I can see the outline of the ShipNotifier box, but when I click to display the actual info, I see nothing there.  This is in a sector with many friendlies (I am admired here), plus two of my other ships. 

I am on Beta 21.2.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to rectify this?

I have the same Problem with Game Version 21.4.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the game log, I am getting a lot of these errors:

xxxxxxxx: mods/MoveUI/scripts/player/ShipNotifier.lua: Function 'detect' is uncallable from remote. To call it from remote, enter it into the 'Callable' table with 'callable(...).'

I guess this is why the mod is not working for me.  Have I done something wrong in setup?  Does there need to be an update for the newer Beta versions?  Anyone with any Lua knowledge know how to put this right?