[Question] Expanding the SFX library.

CaptPatrick01

Hello. I wish to ask about something regarding sound effects. In the SFX folder, there are all the sound effects/music utilized by the game. But right now it is the sound effects that I am looking at.

Is there a way to expand the amount of sounds that can be triggered by the game? Like adding an impact_shield4, 5, and 6.wav? I imagine that in an .lua somewhere it will list a library of sounds, or a bit of math.random trickery to tell the game to {play these sounds} when {thing} happens. But have been unable to find it. Is it possible to do this? Or is it just something hardcoded?

Hello. I wish to ask about something regarding sound effects. In the SFX folder, there are all the sound effects/music utilized by the game. But right now it is the sound effects that I am looking at.

Is there a way to expand the amount of sounds that can be triggered by the game? Like adding an impact_shield4, 5, and 6.wav? I imagine that in an .lua somewhere it will list a library of sounds, or a bit of math.random trickery to tell the game to {play these sounds} when {thing} happens. But have been unable to find it. Is it possible to do this? Or is it just something hardcoded?

I've been trying to find a .lua that has the sound files specified for specific actions too but no luck either... :(

I do know that weapons have a sound property when they are generated, but I don't really know how it works as I haven't looked into it.

I haven't found anything in the code either so I'm afraid it is hardcoded, but if you know how you might be able to override it by writing a new file, or you could try adding more files to it.

But my guess is that the specific files are also included in the code that triggers it so adding new ones won't do much.