Broken Achievements

thedamngod

This is not strictly an in-game thing, but somehow the achievements are broken for me.

I am not getting any more of them other than the six ones I have already and I can not look at them in my steam profile. Clicking on the "View all Achievements" button in the library entry also just redirects me to the my profile after trying to load the link to the games achievements.

Is this related to the fact that Avorion is not yet officially released on Steam? And if it is, why did I get these six achievements (which i have highlighted on my profile as 'proof') but no more, even if I did some of the easier things like killing 5 xsotan ships?

• Boxelware Team

Thanks for reporting. The achievements are not yet accessible in your profile since the game isn't released yet, this is perfectly normal.

Achievements not unlocking isn't on the other hand. This will be fixed with the next patch.

Edit: Can you tell me which achievements aren't working for you?

The ones I can see which I should have gotten already are:

"Self Defense"

"First Encounters"

"Shortcut"

"Criminal"

"Fighter"

There are apparently 32 more which I can't check as they are hidden behind the "+x" button in the library entry and pressing it has the same effect as the "view all achievements" button.

Just got the "Station Builder" achievement. So it seems like I can get them, but I still don't know why I did not get the ones I've listed above. Do they have some special trigger conditions other than the ones in the description?

The trigger for the "Station Builder" achievement also feels very weird to me. I think it should trigger as soon as a station is built and not at the point you enter one of your stations for the first time.

Derailing this thread a bit while I'm on it:

When trying to build the station I found that there are two confirmation windows. The first one disappears after clicking "OK" and a second one (maybe the same one, I can't tell) appears behind the list of possible stations. Then you have to move the list window out of the way to click "OK" again. Otherwise the construction doesn't start. Closing the list will also close the confirmation window.

• Boxelware Team

Some of the achievements were indeed broken, and I've fixed them now. Will go out with the next patch.

The other achievements you've listed all work fine for me, are you sure that you didn't unlock them already?

I've got none of the achievements I listed. They are all still between the other locked achievements, check the icons in the picture:

YLx6ziA.png

I think I am going to test again whether they are working after the next patch hits. Maybe its also miraculously fixed for the other achievements :D

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the game is out and Steam stats should be working, it seems to me that achievements are still not working properly for a lot of people.

Looking at the global achievement stats it appears to be only a very small percentage of players have been able to achieve the small destruction achievements, like Self Defense or First Encounters. Also the Shortcut achievement has a completion rate of 0.3%, which seems very unlikely to me.

Is there a way to "hard reset" the achievements, or maybe just some of them? Or maybe contact someone from steam if there is a problem with the achievements for Avorion which was not present a few months ago?

Also, have you tried to get the achievements on a fresh steam account just with the game as you can get yourself keys? Maybe on a different machine as well?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I can confirm that i have the same issues with the steam achievements.

Everything that contains "counting" seems to be broken. Except "get over 1.000.000 credits".

I have killed 100+ pirates but have got no achievements. On the other side Xsotan: I've killed maybe 20 but steam says for the Xsotan  achievements : 0/5 , 5/100 , 100/500 and 500/1000 . Huh ?? :-)