Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta Branch Patch 0.17.1 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.17.1

Date: April 21st, 2018

Hey everyone, after releasing the new feature that automatically reports crashes to us, we've found tons of issues and fixed as many as possible as fast as we could.

Here you see the results of this bug hunt.

We'll be releasing more patches over the next few days, which will mostly be bugfixes. We probably won't post an entire news article every time we update the game to fix crashes.

Instead, we're probably going to make a sticky in the forum, where we add all the bugs we fixed so far. Edit: Here's the sticky: https://steamcommunity.com/app/445220/discussions/0/3211505894140606500/

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Balancing

• Enemies with torpedoes no longer immediately fire torpedoes once they see the player or once loading screen ends

Scripting API

• Chat messages can now be sent via the Faction class
    • Only sends if the faction is an online player or alliance with online players

[*]Removed misleading "Faction Scripts" button from entitydbg.lua script

Misc

• Improved overall performance by speeding up Entity-Lookups (up to 50% faster for large sectors)

Bugfixes

• Fixed a rare crash when entering numbers into text fields in factories
  • Fixed Fake Distress call mission crashing and not spawning enough pirates
  • [uBR] SoundEffect and MusicTrack no longer throw exceptions when volume setting is not between 0 and 1
  • Fixed a crash when trying to report a lua error in a script that's currently being constructed and crashing
  • Fixed a crash in ai dialog script
  • Fixed a crash when creating a tooltip for turrets or fighters without weapons
  • Fixed a crash in Inventory UI while sorting which led to stations with inventories hanging (example: research station)
  • Fixed a script error when issuing orders to alliance ships without captains
  • Fixed a crash in several trading scripts when players aren't in a ship (yet)
  • Fixed a crash in wormholeguardian script
  • Fixed a crash when tooltipmaker.lua returns an object other than a Tooltip
  • Fixed a rare crash when torpedoes were fired by AI ships
  • Fixed a script crash when upgrade for a factory can't be paid
  • Fixed a script crash in smugglers market
  • Fixed a crash when trying to mail an alliance-bound item
  • Fixed a crash on client related to instanced rendering of asteroids
  • Fixed multiple crashes when modifying system upgrades the exact moment your ship is destroyed
  • Fixed an issue where AI factions could get corrupted and become un-interactable

I confirm the CocoCrash was due to an outdated MoveUI mod, now the ScrapyardLicenses part is erroring all over the place but it's no problem as I don't use scrapyards and it doesn't crash the game :).

Improved overall performance by speeding up Entity-Lookups (up to 50% faster for large sectors)
The game sure got less laggy. It looks up to be a great game ;D !

UI bug: while in Free Mouse (Shift) mode, I cannot accelerate.

P.S.: Wow, for a bug-fixing/quality-of-life update, an innumerable amount of bugs crept up. Poor devs :-[ !

• 1 month later...

Nevermind. Got the "CocoCrash's Revenge" bug on it.

Server crashing like there's no tomorrow, throwing bad_allocs, and I cannot do anything :'( . Sent a bug report.

These bad allocs are really annoying... once I had this too on a Server. It seemed to be related to entities in any way, so i set a fighter limit wich helped a lot. Log does not say anything helpful?

Well, I sent all I could identify as suspicious in the bug report along with the logs, but I do not remember, I have an extreme unhappy memory riddance speed ::).

However, it could be because at least sixty entities are loaded at the same time (my stations). It's also an old galaxy from 0.15 or even earlier, which maybe have been hurt by MoveUI installation and uninstallation (and maybe the turret factory mods, and my modified scripts), maybe I should make a new galaxy !

...this time by giving me 150 million credits and a million units of iron to start anew in the Iron Wastes with a few stations, avoiding most of the grind. Modwise I'll only keep the turret factory mod (cannot keep me nor my stations away from the [glow=#806140,2,300]delicious exotic 11.65 range 51.3 dps autotargeting iron bolters[/glow] :D). I'll wait by playing Oblivion till the Combat Update II rolls, though :).

Still ugh though :-\. Losing progress frequently is a pain, but a necessity when the game engine is changing.

• 1 month later...