killing the guardian...

Burnthalo

so I killed the guardian twice now and the first time I got the achievement for doing so.  the second time was to try to get the solo ach.. however it didn't work.

I fly an alliance ship most of the time so figured the first time it was because I had shot a few things with the alliance ship. second time I made sure to turn the guns off so did no damage with anything except my personal ships. still no ach.. is this because the alliance ship was present or because the pirates keep jumping in during the fight?

I plan to get both the solo and the ally only ach soon but want to clarify this before wasting more tries.  sitting at 53 of 55 ach has me itching to finish them lol.

thanks

Well, pirates shouldnt jump in, because player events are turned off at 0,0. However, i believe there are still some problems with the achievements. I cant get the barrel roll for the child (child at hart?) for example. Do you play on a server? Because then i do suggest to just try it multiple times, because it drops good loot and is worth a lot to scrap.

there's 2 barrel roles. the first one you just hold the "w + z or x" for a couple role overs and it should snap it up. second one you need to be in the right sized ship to get it. same applies for controls tho.

I have my own server but sometimes I run it single player instead since no one is on my server but me.  interesting that pirates aren't supposed to spawn in 0,0... Ive done it 3 times now and they have spawned every time.  think I'll try to get ahold of the energy masker and give that a whirl.

• 4 weeks later...