[QoL/Mod request] Asteroid removal command

Kamo

Suggestion

Subject alternative title: [QoL/Mod request] Degenerative Asteroid Fields ;D

Having fun on 0.16.7 is awesome but, between 0.15.x and 0.16.6 I did some tests and moved around to test torpedo stuff... unaware that the sector generator had changed since.

I had a custom sector generator script that removed 90% of resourceless asteroids to produce less lag, and when I moved around, new sectors generated with 100% of resourceless asteroids, making 2000+ asteroid sectors that make the game lag like crazy :o.

It would be wonderful to get one of those three things like...

• A configurable per-galaxy asteroid limit/resource probability tweak and a "current sector re-generation once the player ship jumps" command. (That one's a full-on suggestion and cannot be modded easily)
  • A "clear a certain fraction of resourceless asteroids" command. (With a modulo ?)
  • A "Clean Barren Asteroids" command for ships, making them mine and attack resourceless asteroids. (May be even easier than the percentage-based purge as it would simply need a tweaked "Mine" command.)

...to get rid of the "too much rock" problem.

I guess it would be nice as a mod to not bother Koon too much :).

2 answers to this suggestion

If you want, you can use /run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")

A new puzzlepiece (or 2/3) appears in the right top, called ~dev. If you click this and go to sectors and choose "emtpy sector". You can also spawn in asteroids etc if you want. Keep in mind though, it might empty the entire sector from everything but player stuff, so try it out in a sandbox to see if that happens or not. Not sure about that, didn't use it in some time.

Maybe try to have the post moved to mods?

Yup, I've seen the "Empty Sector" command and that effectively empties the sector, NPC stations and all. I guess I could look at how the sector is made, empty it and rerun the scripts to basically re-generate it :-\.