Beta Branch Patch 0.16.7 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.16.7

Date: April 5th, 2018

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Balancing

• Reduced hull damage of Sabot (shield penetrating) torpedo by 33%
  • Reduced hull damage of Tandem (damage to both shield and hull) torpedo by 25%
  • Persecutors no longer spawn in sectors with strong AI ships

UI

• Loading screen only shows relevant tips and the tips are sorted by importance
  • Added more loading screen tips for beginners
  • Added more loading screen tips for torpedoes
  • Added a combo box to configure collision damage, similar to game difficulty
  • Context menus for items only appear in inventory windows, no longer in building window, Research Station etc.

Misc

• Added more log output to threads

Bugfixes

• [uBR] Fixed an issue that led to hangar and torpedo launcher content not getting restored after a server crash
  • Windows Version: Fixed several timing issues and low resolution of timers (only Windows 8 and higher)
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue that led to bad performance issues on servers with large amounts of sectors
  • [uBR] Fixed a crash on start-up on Intel devices when Bloom was enabled

[uBR] Fixed an issue that led to bad performance issues on servers with large amounts of sectors

[move][glow=#FF8133,2,300][shadow=#FF8133,left]The no-damage bug seems to be fixed ! (◕‿◕✿)[/shadow][/glow][/move]

I was going to make a new report with the new logs after another test, but I had a completely normal battle against an ambush of three enemies and could kill them, most if not all of the hits registering.

They didn't seem to be able to do any damage to me, but it may be because they had 7 omicron guns  and miserable badroll TL ~1 torpedoes against a 40 000+ HP hull ::). Maybe it needs a "damage values on player" toggle.

Time for galactic conquest to resume at last :) ! ...probably tomorrow, good night.

P.S.: I just had two ideas:

• The reasons why the pirates had crappy torpedoes may have been because the pirate faction had been spawned before the torpedo update, so they may be firing "dummy" 0-damage "default" torpedoes (similar to the 0-damage Multi Turret that happen if the dps of a turret is tweaked on generation) !
  • The reason why pirate torpedoes and headhunter torpedoes seem fundamentally different in efficacity agaist players: where their designs begin ! Pirate empires seem to span a lot of sectors, so some of them beginning in the Iron Wastes may have outdated irongrade torpedoes up to the Naonite Ring compared to headhunters who come from a local faction on the Naonite Ring, which has naonitegrade torpedo designs in line with its proximity to the core ! That'd increase perceived damage variability by a lot.

Please fix "move to sector," you should end up INSIDE your SHIP OR one of your OWNED stations if they're in the area, NOT next to some random NPC station that is eleventy-million KM from your NEAREST ship/station.(yes, eleventy-million is an exaggerated amount and made up number, but you get the idea).

[move][glow=#FF8133,2,300][shadow=#FF8133,left]The no-damage bug seems to be fixed ! (◕‿◕✿)[/shadow][/glow][/move]

Nope. I'm still seeing it. Only happens to railguns crafted after the combat update hit though. I have a few from before and they work fine.

remove reputation loss from defending yourself against a torpedo.  It's already hard enough to gain standing with a faction when you can't trade with them below poor.  Either remove loss from shooting torpedo's, or make it so you can trade still at any standing level.