boss swoks won't spawn *move to low priority*

oriondean

boss swoks won't spawn after combat update dropped this week. I jump 9 times in empty space and he won't spawn at the end. I also shut down the game and opened it the following day and tried 9 jumps in empty space again and still no swoks.

isnt the distance between 380 and 420 from the galactic core? and the way to figure the distance is to multiply the coordinates by themselves then add them, then take the square root of that number to find the distance? for instance if i am at 298,-273

(298x298) +(-273x -273) = 88804 + 74529 = 163333 sqrt of 163333 is 404.144andchange so if its a system not alligned to an empire i should be in a spot that could spawn boss swoks right?

maybe it has something to do with the fact my universe was made a month before the combat patch dropped, but I still had not fought boss swoks after the patch dropped, maybe boss swoks is glitched in my universe for that reason and I need to re-roll a universe. that or the new designations and configurations for pirates has made boss swoks "out of commission" currently.

Well, if you dont want to restart the galaxy and it doesnt get fixed by the time you have all the other artifacts, you can use a command to give you al the artifacts, so you can move on.

/run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")

then the option dev~ appears and you can give yourself the artifacts and destroy the rest of them. Not the perfect solution, but at least you'll be able to move on.

got it working, I jumped 9 jumps in empire space in empty sectors and he spawned, I don't know if the algorithm has changed, since I jumped 27 times in empty non empire sectors and he never spawned, or if my galaxy had a "flutter" since I played a month in it before the combat patch and am now playing in it after the combat patch.

I would like to say though, now all the planets are cubes ^_^ you must accept this obligatory youtube link as a joke.