Unable to join Multiplayer

MrSolve

A clear description of what happened.

I'm not able to join any of the Multi player servers from Beta branch. The screen stays on "Loading..."

Tried remove game files including ".avorion" and reinstall -> No success

Note: The issue pertains to a number of stable version of servers, still gathering samples that may indicate what the problem may be. The success ratio for connection of stable versions is about 5% atm

Your client and server log.

• clientlog-sp-working-short.log.zip <- Single player log, might help, idk
  • clientlog-mp-telling-not-wl.txt.zip <- MP server telling me I'm not on While List, at least it's talking to me ;D
  • clientlog-mp-notworking-offtestsrv.txt.zip <- Official Test Server, no response for 60 seconds, so I gave up ( Alt+F4 )
  • clientlog-mp-notworking-smp2.txt.zip <- Random 0.16.3.x server, same as test server

Update In server, my In-game name appears "Joined galaxy" when connected after about 1-2 second when the "Loading..." screen appears, and also says "Left the galaxy" when closed the game

Your system specs

Operating System - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Kernel info: Linux hostname 4.13.0-37-generic #42~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 7 16:03:28 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

CPU - Intel® Core i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 4 Cores

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 - Driver 384.130 ( latest stable )

Other possibly relevant information:

Network

ISP Connection - PPPoE - IPv4 - 100Mbps/100Mbps - MTU 1400

Firewall HW - No restriction, however no UDP packets are allowed to be received when sender unknown ( martian packets )

Firewall SW - Removed all rules in "iptables" during the log collection

SELinux / Apparmor security - Unconfined ( No restriction what the game can do )

Mods - Vanilla, no mods  8)

Pressing F3 - Debug shows flow of UDP packets

Anything else I may need to collect to help resolve the issue?!

EDIT:Removed some lines from SP logs, or otherwise it would be 3.1 Megs  ;) And what is removed is in here

EDIT #2: Installed GTX 1070 to check if that was the issue. Still not working

sed -r 's/^[^|]+\| Attempting to invoke \x27Balancing_[^\x27]+\x27 in \x27"data\/scripts\/lib\/galaxy\.lua"\x27//' clientlog-sp-working.txt | sed -r 's/^[^|]+\| Call to \x27Balancing_[^\x27]+\x27 in \x27"data\/scripts\/lib\/galaxy\.lua"\x27 successful\.$//g' | sed -r 's/^[^|]+\| Creating folder:.*$//' | sed -r '/^$/d' > clientlog-sp-working-short.log

Accidentally I'm a software developer with many years of experience, and I guess that makes me a good candidate to test the game  ::)

clientlog-sp-working-short.log.zip

clientlog-mp-telling-not-wl.txt.zip

clientlog-mp-notworking-offtestsrv.txt.zip

clientlog-mp-notworking-smp2.txt.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I'm unable to join the Test Server since the start of January. Same result. The game is stuck on the loading screen. But I can hear when it's supposed to be loaded; the music starts.

For me, it's because I like glitching stuff and I've built a bugged ship (That's what the server is for, right? :P). Although such ships can't be built anymore, my character still appears to be stuck in it.

support@avorion.net told me:

"I will get an admin to delete/change your ship and will notify you as

soon as that has happened."

... 3 months ago!

>:(

If someone's interested, the following is a bit altered version of my second contact with support about the issue:

The game freezes as soon as it realizes I'm in that ship. If I'm persistent at trying something, I get a frozen loading screen and the Windows popup "Avorion.exe is not responding".

To me, it seems like it's just the video that bugs out. The game does not terminate.

The first time it happened, the game just froze on that moment of shooting the weapon. I could see everything as it was just a second before. I was shooting a gun from a hologram-only ship. No power. Even health was "NaN".

Could someone just "/destroy" it so I can respawn and play? Or take build control and replace the hologram block under the gun with a... Generator block?  Or delete the gun. But replacing the block under might be a less volatile solution.

And now I've contacted support again, saying that I'm fine with all of my playerdata on the server being deleted. I'll update this if I get to play again.

• Boxelware Team

@MrSolve: What do you mean by "stable" version servers? If you are on the beta branch, you should not be able to connect to servers that are on the default branch. It should give you an error message though. And it is usually a good idea to give a server up to 5 min to connect. Especially those with many loaded sectors tend to be a bit slow.

@Uthael: Yeah, so sorry, that was my mistake. I've send you an email, thanks again for being persistent :)

• 2 months later...