Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Fighter Production

dopp

Does making fighters out of crafted turrets send prices through the roof?

Buy level 32 fighter from equipment dock: 20,000 production, 4,000 xanion

Create custom fighter out of random level 32 turret: 600,000 production, 14,000 xanion

Create custom level 32 turret, then use that to create custom fighter: 2,200,000 production, 32,000 xanion

Hard to sustain such costs. Only a dedicated assembly ship can generate 2,200,000 production in any reasonable amount of time, and 32,000 xanion is enough to build good-sized ship!

Well duh, factory-produced turrets are currently much stronger than any looted turrets, eliminating all random tweaks from the stats, unless of course the blueprint provided by the factory is itself a rather weak on the base parameters. So yeah, they're priced according to their stats, and if its too much for you then simply make cheaper turrets. That, or build a separate ship or two (or stations) to produce fighters for you.

A crafted turret isn't 100 times stronger than a random drop to justify such a price increase.

It depends. Here you're comparing a random Equipment Dock fighter with a custom fighter made from a factory-produced Turret. By your own admission the difference between a fighter from random turret drop and a fighter from turret factory is roughly 3 times increase. Differences between these two can easily justify the price tag.

in my experience so far, by the time I have a turret worthy of making into a fighter I have enough resources and credits to cover the entire cost of producing the fighters for a full 120.. I was a bit surprised the first time I had a fighter production cost of over 45 mil but I don't think that was at all over priced as that fighter combined with the other types I fly make minced meat of the enemies in rather short order.  because of the cost and the time invested in the hunt for (or effort to make) a turret worth it I would advise keeping emergency back-ups of the fighters you like on a station or storage carrier somewhere you either don't visit often or that is heavily defended so you have them in case your main carrier(s) gets destroyed.  once the initial investment is done you build multiple copies of each on board the carrier/station for just the cost of the material breaking the 45 mil in my previous example down.  Ive got at least 300 of each fighter Ive made for a total of over 2400 spread between base defenses in multiple sectors and in multiple fleets I can deploy. those numbers don't include all the fighters I made and later trashed because I made better turrets to replace them with.  I have yet to have made a turret in the factory so cant say much about how those turn out compared to what Ive used, but Ive researched several to legendary and then repeatedly researched those legendaries until I had something worth-while.  the only reason I can think of for needing these costs adjusted is to make progress to the center even faster... no point.

• 2 weeks later...

uhh? how do you manage to push this to 2.2M? I´ve built expensive fighters, the last few just for giggles and sh... with some tech 50 guns on them, none of which was even close to a production effort of 2.2M - more like 0.6M (max)...granted, these little beasts are very expensive, one such thing cost me 130M

I usually buy one, blueprint it and then just attach the biggest possible assembly right beneath my ship and let it do its thing for a while

also, yesterday I picked up a random yellow turret, rail gun with indep. targeting and a hilarious range of over 12 km, a surplus on both shield and hull damage (24%/34%), base dmg >8,5k (my bigship uses 40 of these @4km/4kdmg/ind.tging and is hellish OP - and still it seems I could tripple that op-ness easily with enough such turrets^^)

now THAT is a turret, the ones you can "inventory turret railgun 5 xanion 50 #" may be "legendary" but these are no match to the one I wrote about - not even close

I don´t know if those stats can be achieved with a fabricated turret since I´ve been too lazy to collect all the stuff I need to fabricate my own turrets

• 3 months later...

Not even that is what makes it so great, but because ai isnt that good, only cariers are worht the trouble. And where ships can get shot, if you have proper fighters they will kill every ship before any harm can be done. Flak turrets, who cares if the fighter aint gonna be anywhere near those ships to use the turrets? Thanks to the update, we are able to shoot down fighters, but ai ships cant. 3 dodges/min and 1 sec immunity per dodge? Nice but there arent any ai ships except the really end-game wich survive more than 3 seconds to proper fighters

• 4 weeks later...