[REQ] Turret slots defined by ship size

A.Wolfrick

Personally I always wondered why only upgrade modules were the only way to add turrets to a vessel. With the addition of PD and Anti fighter turrets as well as larger turrets there is (in my humble opinion) a shortage of turret slots without either A: a shit ton of grinding. B:Mods

I was wondering if it was possible to gain turret slots based off of ship size much like upgrade slots? Sharing the same "processing power" type of attribute. Though instead of it being "processing power" it could be something different. Such as "Turret Support Capability" Though you could still use the upgrade slots within your ship to enhance the turret count more it would allow for ships to have decent anti torpedo and fighter countermeasures without being JUST a PD/Anti fighter vessel.

That is unless the aim WAS to force ship specialization. Just an idea though, as I don't know if its even possible.

Agreed. Being forced to dedicate bare minimum of two slots to effectively ward off torpedoes (my standard is 4 currently) AND the bigger slot demands of some weapon types, namely cannons, it does seem a bit punishing. You either have to pay high dollar for decent modules at equipment dock, get extraordinarily lucky, or hunt artifacts and bosses.

Just hypothetical here, but what if you gained an additional general weapon slot for every system slot you have in your ship? It would open up flexibility for small to medium ships, and allow big capital ships to bring massive batteries to bear, fitting naturally with their size. At least allowing for adequate coverage of point defenses on such ships.

I know nothing of coding for this... call this a +1 on the request.

Just hypothetical here, but what if you gained an additional general weapon slot for every system slot you have in your ship?

This. It wouldn't really be overpowered when you think about it but would allow you to add the much needed point defense turrets to your mining ships, for example.

This is a good idea ... though instead of basing off upgrade slots, base turret slots off volume.  roughly speaking , say a ship at 150 mill M3 would get you with out modules 25 arbitrary slots (just an example number).

• 7 months later...