Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[Mod] Extended Turret Factory

Hammelpilaw

Extended Turret Factory

This mod allows you to modify the seed of turret factories. You can chose the used seed, like you do at the shipyard, to build a turret. This way you can change the stats of built turrets. Therefore I used ressources of the mod Turret Factory Seed Entry by Alopix and version fixes by some others (watch credits below for more information).

For a long time I did not use the Factory Seed Entry mod on our server, because to me it is much overpowered: Build one turret factory and get op weapons. So I did some changes and improved code to balance it.

Also it does some quality of life changes and bugfixes.

QpLY7uq.jpg

Summary of modifacations

• Modify the factories seed
  • Upgrade your factories to gain more seeds
  • Added an input field to set the amount of built turrets
  • Added a setting to chose the maximum rarity of the turret wich can be built
  • Fixed an exploit wich make users able to build Legendary turrets

Custom seeds

In default settings you still have only the vanilla seed at turret factories, but you can upgrade your own factories to get more available seeds. If you got more then one seed you can chose the seed you want to use for the current weapon, just like you do at a shipyard.

You like the old style, with unlimited amount of seeds? Just change it in the config file.

Amount of turrets

Choose the amount of turrets you want to build: enter the number and press on Build button one time to build the choosen amount of turrets.

Configuration

You should take a look in the config file `/mods/ExtTurretFactory/config/ExtTurretFactoryConfig.lua`: you can change a lot of stuff there like the maximum rarity wich can be built, upgrade costs much more.

Installation instructions

Download the Extended Turret Factory zip file and extract the content of its Avorion directory into your local Avorion directory.

Compatiblity

This mod overrides the file `/data/scripts/entity/merchants/turretfactory.lua`. I can not provide compatibility to other mods, wich overrides this file.

Compatiblity to existing galaxies

When you chose seed 0 at your turret factory, it is equal to the vanilla seed. That means (if you did not use the mod "Turret Factory Seed Entry" before) weapons at already existing turret factories will not be changed. But it will add the ability to your own factories to upgrade it to gain more seeds.

If you already used "Turret Factory Seed Entry", it will change all seeds you had before because seeds in this mod includes both: the customized number you can chose and the vanilla seed.

Version history

• Updated mod for Avorion 0.21.x

• Restored backwards compatibility to a very old version of this mod

• Updated mod for Avorion  0.20.2

• Initial release

Credits

This mod uses ressources by some other people:

• Alopix - Creator of this mod
  • DevX - Did some compatibility modifications in July '17
  • HERC - Modified the mod to work in version 0.15.0
  • mechi - Modified the mod to work in version 0.15.7
  • douglasg14b - Added the ability to search for best turrets

Many people did changes to this mod, if I missed anybody please let me know, i'll add credits.

ExtTurretFactory-0.1.3.zip

ExtTurretFactory-0.2.0.zip

For some reason, when i go to the turret factory, no option for making turrets appears? help? EDIT: Yeah, your mod removes the button to "build turrets for some reason, kinda weird...

Could not reproduce in a fresh galaxy. Wich Avorion version do you use? This mod is only provides compatibility for Avorion 0.16.2 or above.

If you use Avorion 0.16.2 please send me your logfiles.

• 4 weeks later...

It works for me in 0.16.7 !

This time without getting scammed, 20 delicious exotic 11.65 range 51.3 dps autotargeting iron bolters now made with the seed #3 :), for my stations and current local flagship.

(Made this post to bump it farther than the other mod which apparently is not compatible anymore.)

• 4 months later...

Now getting weird changes on crafted turrets. Once crafted a bunch of Exotic Trinium Launchers in creative, with servos decreased so they would just never overheat, ended up with a Fire Rate 0 unusable non-stacking weapon. Range also dropped from 31 to 25.

I also had iron bolters with nerfed damage (from roughly 120 to 91) too in survival.

Now getting weird changes on crafted turrets. Once crafted a bunch of Exotic Trinium Launchers in creative, with servos decreased so they would just never overheat, ended up with a Fire Rate 0 unusable non-stacking weapon. Range also dropped from 31 to 25.

I also had iron bolters with nerfed damage (from roughly 120 to 91) too in survival.

Sounds like bugs in vanilla game I think, seeds still do strange fix with turret factories. This mod does not fix this behavior because it would affect balancing.

• 2 months later...

Hey Hammelpilaw,

Im curious if it's possible with this mod to be able to set  the game to  automatically add in the ingredients for each turret.  So say you're searching through 100-200 seeds you will be able to see the max stats of each turret when you go to that seed (thus eliminating alot of clicking).

Also addition if this is possible then maybe  change the search function to make a test turret to check the the DPS and not the damage of the turret so that the search will reveal the Highest DPS seed and not the highest damage seed.

I'm going to look into if this is possible from my end, as I really would like have these feature as part of the mod to help with the QoL of turret making.  Ill be posting updates on my findings, tho im inexperienced to say the least in Lua.

Alright so after A LOT of help with an Experienced Lua coder, we now have a more detailed search function in the Turret Factory, there are alot of new features with it, but first I just wanted to make sure it is okay to Post an Update to the Extended Turret Factory. 

Essentially These are the Features:

-Find the Best DPS / Damage / Range / Efficiency.

-Input Minimum values of Turret Attritubes to sort through the seeds (from worst to best)

(Damage / DPS / Damage/slot / Range / Fire Rate / Cooldown / Shield Pen / Hull Pen / +% shield damge / +% hull damage)

-Search with FIlters:

(Non Coaxial, size .5 - size 3.5)

Is that Okay with you to post a New Version Hammelpilaw?

I don't know of a way to DM you so this was the next best thing.

Alright so after A LOT of help with an Experienced Lua coder, we now have a more detailed search function in the Turret Factory, there are alot of new features with it, but first I just wanted to make sure it is okay to Post an Update to the Extended Turret Factory. 

You got a PM.

Essentially These are the Features:

-Find the Best DPS / Damage / Range / Efficiency.

-Input Minimum values of Turret Attritubes to sort through the seeds (from worst to best)

(Damage / DPS / Damage/slot / Range / Fire Rate / Cooldown / Shield Pen / Hull Pen / +% shield damge / +% hull damage)

-Search with FIlters:

(Non Coaxial, size .5 - size 3.5)

Is that Okay with you to post a New Version Hammelpilaw?

I don't know of a way to DM you so this was the next best thing.

I... WE NEED THAT!!  :D

Hey So for those of you wondering about the Update I mentioned:

Hammel and I are going to be Integrating the Changes Bubbet and I made into the ExtTurretFac Mod, but it'll be a bit before we roll out the new update (just need to make sure stuff is ready and working 100% as intended). 

(Credit for the Coding goes 100% to Bubbet)

If you really want to try it out, without waiting for us to get the changes integrated into the Official Mod, I have it avaliable just Message me, or Head over to the Rusty Discord and ask me (Name is Valgrick on there as well) here: https://discord.gg/w7D4mn5

Also here is a preview of what to expect (this is a Trimmed down 100% working version):

unknown.png

it's not the official product yet, but it is working and it saves A LOT of time, it's saved me hours of searching already.

Thanks guys

-Valgrick

• 2 weeks later...

I did not reply for a longer time here, so its time to publish the current state of development. Thanks to all who did any kind of improvements. Espacially Valgrick and Bubbet did a lot of work to improve the mod.

Currently Im still working on my modpack to bring my server back to beta brench, since I had to downgrade it to stable brench for getting my modpack work with the updates. This will slow down develpment for this mod a tittle.

But at all there is a lot of new content for this mod, and it got to be upgraded to Avorion 0.20 (unbekannt1984 already worked on it, but I didnt watch the results yet). I will merge all of your improvements to an awesome new version of this mod, but I'll need some time for  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Hammelpilaw,

any updates on the experimental version of the mod?

Did you upgrade to 0.20.x by now?

Hi,

internally I updated the mod to 0.20.x. Currently I am very busy in RL, also I have to push my server to 0.20.0 soon wich means I still have a lot to do with my modpack. But at all the project is still alive, it just needs some more time.

I guess Ill update the mod to 0.20.0 next weekend. Initially I planned to implement the new filter with the next update, but this will still need some more time.

Thanks for your patience.

Ham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello hello.

I really enjoy the job you did on this extended turret factory.

I was curious if there is a way to add a way to add a turret Slot size factor to the search ?

[edit]

Just though that the range could be usefull too

[/edit]

Would be usefull for those ships with smaller turrets slots or just being smaller and using smaller turrets. And finding

those long range salvage and other turrets

Thanks for any tip on how to do it.

I was curious if there is a way to add a way to add a turret Slot size factor to the search ?

[edit]

Just though that the range could be usefull too

[/edit]

Would be usefull for those ships with smaller turrets slots or just being smaller and using smaller turrets. And finding

those long range salvage and other turrets

Thanks for any tip on how to do it.

Thanks for sharing your ideas. Although I did not publish any update to this mod for some months I still plan to highly improve it in future. Im very sorry to let you wait so long for updates, but right now a lot of new stuff is annaunced to scripting API, like Steam workshop mods. So I currently focus on the upcoming worshop mods, not on adding new features, but they will come - sooner or later.