Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Make turret factory only build duplicates of turrets found, bought or researched

Speed

Two problems that currently negatively impact gameplay are the ridiculously overpowered turrets that can be created at turret factories, and the fact that found/researched/bought turrets are worthless by comparison.  I play only at "Insane" difficulty, and the game is so easy it's a joke!  As many others have mentioned, found turrets are nothing but vendor trash, so when those drop, I never look at them.

So, what if we make it so that players cannot create original turrets at the turret factories?  Players would only be able to create copies of turrets they have found, bought, or researched (or been traded, I guess, though I haven't considered the multiplayer implications yet).

It could work similarly to fighters, except you would need crafting materials.  So, a player could destroy ("reverse engineer") a turret in their inventory to make a turret "blue print".  Higher rarity turrets could simply require more materials and credits than lower rarity turrets.

With this change, players would actually care about dropped turrets throughout the entire game, not just at the beginning.  The game would no longer be quite as obscenely easy.  AND it would leave the turret-building economy intact!  It would make the game more fun because it wouldn't be so stupidly easy anymore, AND now you would get excited every time you saw a turret drop off an enemy.

I love the idea, because i have the same feeling about it, because sometimes i find a turret wich i think of: wow thats good! Never gonna use it because my producted onces are better, so rubbish i wont look at it anymore. It happens all the time, but with 2 turrets: a really decent lightningturret the xwg drops and a nice 56% salvaging turret. No others. So where's the feeling :is it a good one or not? Now its just: ahhh its a turret and no module. I really like the idea but then consider changing the research stations functionality in the way that what you get is better than what you put in, because that isnt the case right now. If turrets would have an amount of points you could invest in them when researching in order to upgrade some parts and make good turrets that way, it would be way more fun! Or the idea that you select a turret you want to upgrade and then some turrets you want to scrap and use the parts of in order to make it better would seem more appropiate then how it is now

I agree it would make a significant improvement on the current system when the dropped turrets could be upgraded or duplicated instead of having the best turrets manufactured at an RNG factory station where only a few specific factories make the best turrets.

Agreed! It's far too easy to make over powered turrets at a turret factory and it takes the fun out of looting, buying, or researching better turrets. You should be excited when you see a exotic or legendary turret drop but right now they are always worse than whatever you've made at a turret factory.

• 4 weeks later...

Was an active proponent of this solution for over a year. Current turret factory functional in fact seems like a temporary solution, than something that should remain as the core feature, for all the aforementioned reasons.

That, and with current advancements (all the respect to the developers for these), we also can use Turret Factories to produce Turret Blueprints, the same way Fighter Factories already do for fighters, and produce Turrets via player's own production capabilities, instead of relying on particular factories, both found or built, to get lucky with a seed, that produces weapons and tools by far exceeding the dropped or purchased analogues and making the latter indefinitely worthless.