Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Railguns

Shirurthane

I have this happen sometimes as well. Railgun shots don't register to one or two enemies but if you widdle the numbers down to just a single entity the railguns damage registers again.

Can comfirm the wormhole guardian has fits of ignoring railgun damage completely.

I have this happen sometimes as well. Railgun shots don't register to one or two enemies but if you widdle the numbers down to just a single entity the railguns damage registers again.

Can comfirm the wormhole guardian has fits of ignoring railgun damage completely.

I will have to disagree with that, I had one hostile left during a fight and my rails were stilll ineffective. Although I did notice something...interesting... I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I found that rolling the ship made the rails work again.

Weird.

I have more or less the same bug, except it happens to all weapons, I reported it this morning. Even NPC ones, so fights last forever without damage :( (other than collisions).

It also caused more and more lag, so some variable or procedure may have leaked or hanged :-X.

It may be a separate bug, maybe due to messing with the Difficulty enum (causing the weapon damage multiplier to be null ?), as when I tested torps on my Medium difficulty sandbox, all damage registered as normal ???.

This bug is causing me a lot of grief. About 25% of all enemy ships I face seem to have this problem, and I can't figure out what's causing it. With shields or without; with armor or without; max range or point blank; pirates or Xsotan; stationary or moving targets; looted weapons or crafted weapons; railguns or other weapons; it's hit-or-miss whether a railgun volley will connect. Some enemies are immune at first; become vulnerable for a volley or two; and then are immune again. Sometimes my railguns don't "lock on" and visibly miss the target; other times they hit dead center and nothing happens.

It appears to be some sort of bug based on the enemies not being where they appear to be. I tried shooting off to the side of such targets and was able to hit eventually. It's a little easier when the enemy isn't moving; good luck hitting one of those spinning stick ships. It's like Eldar holofield technology from WH40k; the enemy is somewhere else and you have to barrage the entire area to hit him.