Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD] Weapon Engineering (Turret Editor)

darkconsole

Was working some time ago for me i changed nothing at all simply made a fresh install of the game (and not removing the mod directory) but it's the same as you now and it's like this for more than a week.

I think something in the recent updates broke the mod.

UxRz3Tq.png

i heard you guys liked the turret editor.

updated against the beta branch 0.20.4 but should be fine on any version that depended on the new callable stuff. here is a test version before i update the main mod page. install exactly as before.

its attached to this post directly below here, if you are logged in.

avorion-turret-editor-test-0-20-4.zip

+1 for awesome factor on this mod. Is the coax toggle supposed to add stats? I tried using it on a mining laser and the damage didn't change.

no?

i've never even see a coaxial turret drop before. are they more powerful than ones that cant move? literally all this does is toggle that turret type flag. i just saw that it was a thing i can hack and hacked it. im assuming if the game didn't change the damage based on the flag being toggled then they aren't suppose to be any stronger than normal.

Doing some research though can't test in my current save yet, having coaxial on a max size weapon is supposed to give it stat boosts. Would explain why I don't see a difference with my small weapons.

i found the damage scaling in the weapon generator. coaxial turrets are suppose to be 3x stronger. next update will include this.

• 2 weeks later...

main posted updated with 1.3.0 for 0.21+

* Fix upgrading mining laser efficiency with the 0.21 mining changes that introduce a new type of mining laser.

* Enabling Coaxial on a turret will now scale its damage the same amount as the game originally would have generated it. IF YOU HAVE USED THE WEAPONS BAY TO TURN SOMETHING COAXIAL, TURN IT BACK TO NORMAL BEFORE INSTALLING THIS UPDATE TO GET THE DAMAGE SCALED PROPERLY. ELSE THE DAMAGE IT IS NOW IS WHAT IT IS.

* New ability: edit turret size with new server side config option.

Oh Man, I really want to use this mod, but I cannot figure out why its not working.

I tried the previous version and the new new version.

I copy the data and mods folder to the game directory, I copy and paste the config file renaming it.

In the game I enter the /tmod command, and I get the turret icon. I can open the icon, I can drag the guns I want to edit to the slots, I click on the upgrade I want, it removes the turrets from my inventory and the money cost. and then nothing. it does not edit the turret, there are no messages nothing.

If I go to the config file and change something like the cost of an upgrade, the value changes in game, so that part is working. but nothing happens to the turret.  The turret editor window stays open, I cant drag more turrets to be salvaged after the initial ones are used up. I have to close the window and then rerun the /tmod command to get the turret editor window to open again. the scrapped turrets are gone. and the turret I tried to edit is still the same, no changes no name change nothing.

any ideas whats wrong?

Oh Man, I really want to use this mod, but I cannot figure out why its not working.

I tried the previous version and the new new version.

I copy the data and mods folder to the game directory, I copy and paste the config file renaming it.

In the game I enter the /tmod command, and I get the turret icon. I can open the icon, I can drag the guns I want to edit to the slots, I click on the upgrade I want, it removes the turrets from my inventory and the money cost. and then nothing. it does not edit the turret, there are no messages nothing.

If I go to the config file and change something like the cost of an upgrade, the value changes in game, so that part is working. but nothing happens to the turret.  The turret editor window stays open, I cant drag more turrets to be salvaged after the initial ones are used up. I have to close the window and then rerun the /tmod command to get the turret editor window to open again. the scrapped turrets are gone. and the turret I tried to edit is still the same, no changes no name change nothing.

any ideas whats wrong?

appears to be broken for my server as well- the editor comes up, but all the buttons are nonresponsive- i can confirm it WAS working with the previous version, if it helps slightly narrow things down- if you edited the code regarding the GUI, maybe theres a mispell or the like?

• 2 weeks later...

i installed the mod as described.  after using command /tmod the icon appears as normal.

when using it takes the credits and turrets but nothing happens to the to be modified turret. 

i screenshotted the error messages.  had to adapt the file to fit the upload limit of 128kb so i hope it is still readable

what would the problem be?

edit: played in singleplayer existing savegame

i installed the mod as described.  after using command /tmod the icon appears as normal.

when using it takes the credits and turrets but nothing happens to the to be modified turret. 

i screenshotted the error messages.  had to adapt the file to fit the upload limit of 128kb so i hope it is still readable

what would the problem be?

edit: played in singleplayer existing savegame

I had the exact same error message and the same problem you had.

I was looking at this some more. Not that I know anything about this stuff, but I did see the error in the clientlog file.  In this case, it says "could not execute function 'TurretModdingUI_OnClickedBtnBaseEnergy' in '"mods/DccTurretEditor/Interfact/TurretModding.lua"' and then something about property not found or readable:  InventoryTurret.updateStaticStats.

Any ideas?

clientlog_2019-04-11_15-55-15.txt

I was looking at this some more. Not that I know anything about this stuff, but I did see the error in the clientlog file.  In this case, it says "could not execute function 'TurretModdingUI_OnClickedBtnBaseEnergy' in '"mods/DccTurretEditor/Interfact/TurretModding.lua"' and then something about property not found or readable:  InventoryTurret.updateStaticStats.

Any ideas?

these errors mean you're using it on a version of the game it doesn't support, or installation/upgrade of the mod was done incorrectly.

fwiw, working here, and im waiting to do anything bit until the new built in mod management thing drops.