Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD] Weapon Engineering (Turret Editor)

darkconsole

well it seems you need admin rights to use it on a dedicated server because the server replies with i dont have the rights to use that command

i asked on the discord if anyone knows if there is a whitelist.

when i make them droppable system chips that will probably solve that problem.

in admin.xml it looks like you could do something like add tmod to the <defaultAuthorizationGroup>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Administration>

<administration>

<defaultAuthorizationGroup>

<commands>

<command name="help"/>

<command name="invite"/>

<command name="join"/>

<command name="leader"/>

<command name="leave"/>

<command name="players"/>

<command name="seed"/>

<command name="selfinfo"/>

<command name="suicide"/>

<command name="trade"/>

<command name="version"/>

<command name="w"/>

<command name="whisper"/>

<command name="tmod" />

</commands>

</defaultAuthorizationGroup>

which probably requires a server restart.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mod work with the new Weapon Patch?

I haven't tested it yet. but will be in a couple hours. I need to go thru the research first to clean out some of the over 23k items in inv..

edit:

I haven't finished researching yet. started getting a lot of runtime error crashes and disconnects shortly after starting to work on it. got about half done I think. will plug away and test out the mod once I'm done. hopefully today

Does this mod work with the new Weapon Patch?

working for me on 0.16.6. just upgraded the tracking speed on a point defense laser. you should not even need to reinstall it because it overwrites no stock files - only if you do clean installs each time.

this has worked just fine for me since combat update 1. changed targeting, range, damage, rounds per, heat sink and others with no issue.

one thing I did notice previous to the patch is be careful not to upgrade drive motors past 4.5ish. every turret I made faster than 4.5 has failed to work.

edit:

upon going and shooting the xsotan not one of the 6 guns I made will do any damage. they all fire just fine and track fine. but 0 damage at all.  maybe I just raised a stat too high again.. dunno.

tracking worked perfect ( I had to add it to all 6).

this has worked just fine for me since combat update 1. changed targeting, range, damage, rounds per, heat sink and others with no issue.

one thing I did notice previous to the patch is be careful not to upgrade drive motors past 4.5ish. every turret I made faster than 4.5 has failed to work.

edit:

upon going and shooting the xsotan not one of the 6 guns I made will do any damage. they all fire just fine and track fine. but 0 damage at all.  maybe I just raised a stat too high again.. dunno.

viADdlH.png

doesn't sound like my problem, at least not directly. if the turret is still showing damage values not 0 then they had to have done something inside.

edit:

That bug has been a common occurrence since the combat update and might not be from the mod.

only reason I post it here is non modded turrets do damage like normal.  I think its like the part I said about drive motors higher than 5. it goes outside the vanilla ability to figure it so the turret just jerks back and forth at a high rate of speed and refuses to shoot.

the same might be happening with the damage modifier if its too high. those 6 turrets I modded are all over 300k dps each constant. no heat/cooldown so might be too high for the client to handle.

Oh, also...

There was a similar mod, that allowed you to make all material types of turrets at the turret factory..

Why don't you sort of incorporate that and add this as an option to the Turret Factories, instead of part of the ship?

Then, you can perhaps have upgrade costs and such incorporated into it, based on the faction level you have with that particular faction, which is built into the turret factory...

Just a potential rambling..

ok. I think I figured out where everything goes but im running into a problem when i do /tmod. I have to post half of the screenshot here and the other half in the next post because apparently the screenshot is to big of a file to post in one post. so heres one.

20180407194115_1_3.jpg.cc1a20ec94e9e8a4474736e7d179bdbb.jpg

Alright its working now! Thanks. Also i didnt have anything from the mod in the bin folder. I had the tmod command with all the other commands and i have the mod folder in the Data folder. All i had to do to get it working was move the mod folder out of the Data folder and into the Avorion folder like you said.

i just upgraded the damage on this one and its still registering damage to targets. i don't think it is this.

somehow or other everything is working now that the servers been restarted. I got busy for a few days with other things and hadnt been in game. when I got on last night the turrets all registered damage and are still working fine.  no idea lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. i just tried the T-Editor and in Singleplayer it workes fine so far.

I have also a little Server going so i installed it as said from the dev. but it worked only once for a short time. the symbol was already in the right hand corner i clicked it and i could not drag any turrets in the box it would not even show me some turrets.

then i tried to type the command /tmod and the symbol was gone and now i cant seem to get the command working on my server.

as i have said in single: perfect in mp: not

plz help, ideas, etc.

• 2 weeks later...