Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD] Weapon Engineering (Turret Editor)

darkconsole

Would love to see a config option to remove/disable the adding of autotargeting as it counteracts the immersion of finding a good autotargeting turret at turret factories and it helps with balancing as well as the game already generates stronger stats for the turrets without autotargeting.

Will give it a try in singleplayer but I'm afraid it can break the balance in multiplayer, will report further on that ;)

i disagree, paying gunners to not aim the guns is the immersion breaker.

[but it is possible after the next main update because i did work to make sure the server forces config values into the client]

this is the version i am personally using on my current game, it contains some config tweaks to better allow servers to be authoritative mainly. i just pushed it to github this morning.

https://github.com/darkconsole/avorion-turret-editor/archive/bfff6676e1404df65b38fce7a5f343f97745f1b3.zip

overwrite all files, rerun the /tmod command before use.

if you continue to have the same problem, the lua console should be reporting line 59 and 20 now as the problem lines. there is a chance it will not fix it, because we're totally having one of those "works for me" deals right now. the only idea i have is for some reason context has not been preserved and i may need to send the player index along.

YAY it works! Thank you for your hard work making it work with alliance ships! Also it works with the new beta changes as this time around I had that installed, past test was running the latest stable release. I can finally use all those guns I keep getting to make some awesome firepower at last!

v1.1.0 - 2018-03-09

* The Config.lua thing is now technically optional.

* Values missing from Config.lua are pulled from ConfigDefault.lua

* Clients now fetch config values from server side so admins can set the settings.

* Tweaked colour settings to try and produce slightly nicer beams.

* Made the colour tweaks settings that can be tweaked in the config file.

* Lot of little optimizations.

* Fix where it wouldn't work for alliance ships.

Thank you! this will make all the useless crap from the research station much more worth-while!

this works for me using the link from this page. I hadn't tried it before today. however decreasing the power climb goes the wrong direction. the turret I tried it on was 34.4 /s and is over 37 now. I did it a few times using lower tier stuff and high tier stuff. it went up no matter what I put in the scrap slots. even legendaries.

this works for me using the link from this page. I hadn't tried it before today. however decreasing the power climb goes the wrong direction. the turret I tried it on was 34.4 /s and is over 37 now. I did it a few times using lower tier stuff and high tier stuff. it went up no matter what I put in the scrap slots. even legendaries.

you are right, i forgot to invert the buff value for Accum Energy, like i did for Base Energy. ill fix it this weekend.

Your mod looks really interesting. I did not try it yet, but I think I will.

Did you ever think about using ShipScriptLoader mod to attach it to player ships instead of a command?

actually, want to make it an upgrade chip that drops from scrapping. until the day we can add custom blocks and you can build an actual weapons bay. which will probably be never. but i wanted it where the more weapons bay you have the better you can improve things. would give you a reason to build your own research station. with the chips we can at least emulate that with the rarity.

you are right, i forgot to invert the buff value for Accum Energy, like i did for Base Energy. ill fix it this weekend.

no worries. thanks for the work. its great

Would you be able to create a similar mod for turret copying?

Requiring material and credit input in order to copy a turret you've found - perhaps even using the assembly blocks (similar to fighter production)

was thinking about this tonight. maybe 5 turrets of the same type you want to copy, all of equal or greater tech value. and some arbitrary amount of credits. and some arbitrary amount of the mineral the source is made of.

i feel that balances cost v reward.