Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Changing Cargo-drone Cargospace

Laserzwei

Suggestion

Cargo drone storage is set to 5. And it's not modifyable by any means.

Allowing Cargo-drone cargo space to be modifyable, would open extend the existing in sector trading by a lot. That also requires changes to factory.lua, in a way thtat the drones actually load their cargo with more than 1 good at a time.

Also who wouldn't want to have some cargo-drones in its own ship that auto-buy/sell goods when found with the trading-overview?

9 answers to this suggestion

Also who wouldn't want to have some cargo-drones in its own ship that auto-buy/sell goods when found with the trading-overview?

Dude, so true!

Perhaps an implementation like this: a button next to the in-sector traderoute in the trading overview, in which you could assign a certain amount/all cargoshuttles/drones to fly tha specific traderoute!

I still support this.

The current limit of 20 Cargo shuttles with only 1 moved object is not enough for XXL Factories.

Making the value modable would be nice.

Otherwise a sugestion: A system upgrade that provides storage capacity to shuttles.

+1 per upgrade level (so Legendary +8 Cargo space for shuttles)

This would also help with the lag in big sectors since we would need far less cargo shuttles per station.

The current limit of 20 Cargo shuttles with only 1 moved object is not enough for XXL Factories.

AFAIK the current cargo shuttle implementation simply tries to fill the inputs and empty the outputs and it's coded to buy/sell one item at a time.

A good solution would:

• prioritize the most needed good
  • anticipate goods already requested / in-flight
  • apportion cargo space between goods based on units per cycle instead of volume/(count of inputs&outputs)

Shuttle capacity based on cargo volume would require a fair bit of work when some goods are 0.05 volume and you'd buy 200-2000 cycles worth in one go.  Being able to fill 1/3 of a 100k cargo space with them would suck up your cash pretty fast.  The logic would probably want to avoid sucking away the player's main balance (like in X3 each factory has its own credit account)

Well it would still be better thatn right now....

Maxbe a solution would be to not use Cargospace but Cargoslots for the shuttle.

Currently its one slot (aka one item)

Better Cargoshuttles could have more slots to tansport goods (up to 100 would be nice for performance)

The only alternativ is to put the stations close to each other and use transporters to direktly trade. (and thats fickly)

I would love it far more if we could build complexes like in x3...

Just simple physikal connections between stations.

That way they would also reach a mass that you can't ram out of the way. *cough*

Another possible solution would be to set the cargo capacity to the actual size of the cargo shuttle. Atm their size only defines the place they take in a hangar Bay, but you could easily set this to the number of items they can carry.

On top of this it would be great if we had more fleet commands! We wouldn't 3ven need so many cargo drone I we could set ships to pick up stuff from one station or even multiple and bring it to another, in a loop.. Couldn't be much easier! :D

Another solution would be if we get an good command tool for our "big" ships. 

I would prefer to use an big freighter but the current system is to wonky  and inflexible...

Maybe they should simply add an system  to combine stations into complexes like in x3...

It would also help with station drift when you have the mass of 10 stations and with performance since all cargo ships are gone and you only have to calc one station.

Cargo shuttle capacity is modifyable. But they will transport only 1 amount of good anyway because of the factory delivery code. I succeeded in changing it.

i

love

it

set the capacity to 50 and reduced the drones to one per factory: my fps gone from 12 to 55.

thank you!