Combat Update: Railguns not doing damage to certain ships?

dopp

With this latest combat update beta, I fitted my ship with railguns and PD chainguns. I noticed that sometimes the railguns don't do damage to particular enemy ships. The new anti-fighter and shield-breaker enemies are the most common culprits, but sometimes regular combat ships are also immune. The railgun shots have absolutely no effect on them, whether shields are up or down, and I then have to kill them with my chainguns or ram them. I tried swapping to other weapons mid-combat and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Is anyone else having this problem?

Okay, I think it has something to do with the targets "not being where they are supposed to be", based on this post:

Ulrich means the old bug where wrecks or ships appear to be at one place but in reality they are slightly in different position, few hundred meters to few meters away form where they appear to be.

That bug appears most often when going to salvaging big wrecks. You need to fire in "air" where the wreck actually is for server/client to render/pos it into correct position.

I tried firing around the target, and eventually my shots would connect. Eventually. Blind firing is rather inefficient. I've been experiencing other signs of this bug, including bumping into wrecks that weren't there a moment ago, salvaging beams not hitting anything, and ramming stuff at full speed and taking no damage. For now, I'm going to assume that the enemies have WH40k-style holofield technology and barrage their approximate location until I register some hits.