Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta Branch Patch 0.16.0 Patchnotes - Combat Update I

koonschi

Thanks everyone! Glad you liked the video. :D

How did you manage to get 20/ of each weapons? I have no clue on how to spawn in items and the sorts in creative mode. That goes for modules too. It would be of great help if you could tell me.

Type the following command into chat and you'll get a new button in the upper right you can click on and use all kinds of debug and admin commands. The "guns guns guns" command under the player tab will give you a random assortment of turrets of the tech level of your current sector.

Note that you'll need to type that command in every time you log into the game or you enter a new ship. I suggest copy-pasting it for convenience.

/run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaay, tried it in my sandbox galaxy (which is actually Medium difficulty, instead of the Easy I usually play on), and I could try it quickly because of the beacons I dropped and could teleport to !

Sector switch may be iffy (spawning in a drone instead of a random owned ship) but it's super practical.

Got to 315 from core in a Moxie naonitegrade Light Cruiser against a pirate sector. I actually had to peace out twice for a minute to recharge shields as three enemy torpedo boats emptied most of their mostly inefficient (500-700 damage to my shield?) nuclear torpedoes in my PDC-less cruiser since I got in the sector :o, ow !

(The second time was for the actual recharging, the first one was actually me freaking out to my first and multiple torpedo warnings.)

Then I got attacked by two persecutor Head Hunters, with the same payloads, and had to flee again :-X ! Then I fired at them for several minutes before actually destroying them :o, those were tough as nails !

A line corvette like the Kamek would have been exploded to heck before even having a chance to fire back.

Now we need more slots, to actually put the PDCs on ships without reducing firepower to a pathetic amount ::). And limitations on the speed at they fire torpedoes (like, having to lock on for a lot of time, a la Wing Co/Freespace), to avoid mass spamfiring.

Torpedo warnings become far less dramatic when you get locked every two seconds, and I'd like to freak out again :D.

I may update or even add new ships to my shipyard but my game time has decreased a lot, and I'll think about it once the rest of the Combat Update happens, with that eventually delicious custom weaponry.

I may be incorrect, but all independent weaponry now have defence mode, dont they? If they do, how do they tend to work?

That is correct. In defensive mode, your turrets will target torpedoes and fighters that are in their firing arc as priority. They will fire on torpedoes even if they are out of range (which is smart). If there's no torpedoes or fighters in their firing arc, then they will fire on enemy ships that are in range just like auto fire mode.

You can still set turrets to regular auto fire or manual mode, like before.

You can see it in action in the video I posted above.

I have to ask, what is the advantage of using the new point defence chainguns over regular, high-rof chainguns in defensive mode?

Much higher accuracy and a longer range. They are better at taking out torpedoes.

And how about lasers? I got some +/- 6000 dps 4,5 km range lasers with ind. Targetting, why not use those or similar lasers?

I have to ask, what is the advantage of using the new point defence chainguns over regular, high-rof chainguns in defensive mode?

Much higher accuracy and a longer range. They are better at taking out torpedoes.

And how about lasers? I got some +/- 6000 dps 4,5 km range lasers with ind. Targetting, why not use those or similar lasers?

I have not tested lasers, but point defense chainguns also have a really high rotation speed so they can turn and fire on incoming torpedoes. Try out lasers!

I have not tested lasers, but point defense chainguns also have a really high rotation speed so they can turn and fire on incoming torpedoes. Try out lasers!

FORCE GUNS!

I was thinking about an alternative that could work without the use of the new Prosecutors.  Something to consider for a future patch at least.

Instead of using Prosecutors that magically appear over and over until you retreat, how about a more "realistic" approach.  You go too far (red icon areas) then every alliance and ship in those areas will be fully red to you with NO way to improve relations. Why not?  Because you're too weak to impress them or be useful. 

This would prevent you from trading, purchasing any type of equipment/turrets, and you would be attacked by anything close enough.  All of this would accomplish the same things as the Prosecutors, but without requiring ships to insta-spawn on top of you until you are destroyed.  This would also get around the current issues of "hey, I want to change out my turrets" and **BAM**  Prosecutors attack because your omicron dropped.

You go too far (red icon areas) then every alliance and ship in those areas will be fully red to you with NO way to improve relations. Why not?  Because you're too weak to impress them or be useful. 

This would prevent you from trading, purchasing any type of equipment/turrets, and you would be attacked by anything close enough.

A very nice idea!

I'm not sure about the outright (red) hostility though. I would think the reasonable way for them to react would be for the factions to ignore you and refuse all trade (with maybe trade goods allowed still? shouldn't do any harm i quess). Why waste a torpedo if one sees a ship as insignificant, and not worthy of attention?  ;D Perhaps they could also be more "quick to anger" than usual. Allowing trade goods would allow for playing a trader-type without really getting the "full benefit" of the inner sectors.

The player would thus also be hard pressed to acquire mining turrets (other than "next tier capable turrets") and that would also restrict mining in too-close-to-core sectors.

Also these torpedo gang fellas could still be preying on the player in sectors with little or no faction presence in the manner they are now doing. If they're pirates of some sort they would surely take every opportunity they can get to get some loot.

I believe something of the sort would be a meaningful way to progress, especially if the diplomacy and faction side of the game receives a major update of it's own.

I do actually like the concept of persecutors that watch out for weak ones to destroy them for fun... Especially since that is exactly what some players on the servers do.

With that being said, there definitely needs to be a solution for them spawning all over the place and killing your miners or even your cruiser while changing weapons or just by being inside.

At least they should spawn lese often.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking. What if, like how one's ship can produce fighters using Assembly blocks, that the features of the Assembly blocks could be expanded to also include producing your own torpedos for the ship on the fly as well, so long as one has the necessary components that is.

It has been mentioned before and indeed is an option quite some people reacted possitive on (i would like them to), though never used torps because of my computer crashing (thanks koonschi for fixing :-)) but i would like it if they dont need materials, but proper goods to build them. Like warheads, fuel, turbines etc. So economie gets a boost as well