Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta Branch Patch 0.16.0 Patchnotes - Combat Update I

koonschi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly until enemies learn how to use the spacebar they are never going to catch me in the first place even In my starter drone.

Your drone can't outrun torpedoes!

Jump drive?

You'll probably be dead before you can calculate a jump in your drone. A small ship can survive early game, if you equip 4+ PDCs and boost directly away from the persecutors when they spawn on you. Flying away from them will give your PDCs time to destroy the incoming torpedoes and let you get out of their range.

Testing out the changes this weekend but with combat patches going in can the tactical view get a little love soon? Three major revisions ago I at least was able to rotate the tactical plane forward without having to exit and re-enter tactical view(old hotkey was default T). But I'd love WASD for camera movement, hotkey for moving camera the left and right, hotkey for moving the tactical plane forward or back, etc....

Can someone post a list with the maximum sizes of the turrets?

And how will the pdc work on ships with a captain? Will they work as intended or will they use it to attack their target?

Improved combat AI of ships so they can use PDCs and Anti-Fighter turrets correctly

Hopefully!

I've brought this up in discussion before on the forums, but the majority of people agree that NPC's are too slow to chase down people. I see that people don't wish to lose boost for the sake of ease, but would it be possible to enable boost or higher speeds on NPCs?

I suggest mechanic I've seen elsewhere (Just can't remember where) - Combat Slow-down. What it does - it gives player cruise speed and combat speed. Second one if s percentage of the first and is described as "We redirect power from engines to combat systems". Combat situation, therefore, can be triggered by either:

- Your ship fires

- Your ship takes damage

OR you can go futher and make several ship modes, for example:

- Cruise mode, shields and weapons offline, full speed, full hyperdrive efficiency

- Combat mode, shields up and weapons online, fraction of speed and:

- Slower hyper-drive

- Damage upon using it ; Maybe you can even add some extension so you can micro-jump inside the same system

- Stealth mode, since you plan to add cloacing, where shields are offline and engines are at small percentage of their max speed, so you're harder to spot. Weapon are online, since ambusing would be pointless otherwise.

Just make it harder to switch them too fast, with shields needing a recharge (but faster than from damage), weapons priming for a few seconds and engine heating up. And you can add more modes to point out and power some gameplay aspects.

This way you can still use your booster for tactical maneuvers, but disengages would be MUCH slower, unless you're running high speed corvette or something like it. Smaller, faster ships will be great again for hit-and-run tactics, since now big and slow ones will take MINUTES to get completly away from target that is their size, and fast ones will do as they please, engaging and fleeing, but each hit took will give them more problems.

So, do the point defense systems work well?have not gotten the chance to test them yet

PDCs work very well but you have to put a few of them on and don't turn your ship quickly otherwise they won't track well. I suggest full coverage. Testing in creative, 12 PDCs spread out over the ship were able to shoot down all torpedoes except ones that had wild trajectories.

How wil ai ships use torps? I hope they wont fire an expensive torp at a n almost dead enemy... or some random mini-ship

After a few small tests, an AI-controlled ship of mine just fired torpedoes indiscriminately until empty.  I'd suggest loading them with cheap torpedoes since they're going to spam-fire them anyways.  As for improvements on this system, I'd like to see the option for transferring torpedoes between ships, so that you can quickly load your fleet with ammunition before a fight you think is going to be difficult without having to find an equipment dock and independently buy the torpedoes for each ship you want with them.

Hi Koonschi, Something I've noticed about the crew system is that when it checks if your need officers to support your crew it bases its calculations of 'workforce' not 'personnel count'.

Because it does this it kinda feels punishing to have professional crew members that are not officers rather than normal crew due to their cost, it also makes you require officers if you add on too many turrets that require a certain amount of gunners but you have less to make sure your officers can support your current workforce count.

Don't know if this was how you wanted it to be but with the tooltips for officers they specify, so many sergeants to support so many crew members, not the workforce they can provide.

Just thought I'd let you know what I observed for this as I don't know if this is an unintended bug or how you actually want it to function.

I made a video previewing some of what's coming in this update. My first time making a video of this style but it was fun. Hope someone enjoys it.

Really nice! How long did it take to shoot down all fighters with those flack cannons?

Do the storage blocks explode if they get destroyed with torps in them?

whats the max damage a torp can do against shield and/or hull and how long does it take to reload one?

Really nice! How long did it take to shoot down all fighters with those flack cannons?

Not too long. You can see the fighters gradually being destroyed, probably one every few seconds on average.

No idea. Did not test it!

whats the max damage a torp can do against shield and/or hull and how long does it take to reload one?

I don't know what the max damage is, but the torpedoes I showed in the video were from an equipment dock I think about 150-200 from the core. They can do considerable damage even at that stage of the game.

Torpedoes take 4 seconds to reload.

I made a video previewing some of what's coming in this update. My first time making a video of this style but it was fun. Hope someone enjoys it.

That flack is so cool :()

How did you manage to get 20/ of each weapons? I have no clue on how to spawn in items and the sorts in creative mode. That goes for modules too. It would be of great help if you could tell me.