terrible lag...

jaa6312

I have a pretty beefy computer (i7, 1070, 16G ram), but I have to restart the game about 3 to 6 times every time I play until it stops lagging, & then it still might start lagging after playing a while; usually when enemies appear.  I've checked my performance during the lag and none of the hardware is being over worked. I'm thinking at this point it's a connection issue.  But, I have no other internet connection issues. Its wired and high speed.  I play singleplayer only.  I was hoping this was a common problem, but I haven't seen any other discussions with this particular issue.

another issue I have is getting this weird, red mesh in place of blocks after I delete them in build mode.

I'm currently at work and just discovered the forums, so I don't have any logs or screenshots at the moment.

Don't know about the lag thing.

I've got the same red mesh -thing. I assume it's there to point out the space from which something got just removed. Just so you notice if you accidentally delete also something other than what was intended. That sometimes happens with my builds when I have been selecting and deselecting blocks quickly. It goes away after a short time though does it not?