Factions take over areas and re-spawning resources

Cyka

Now that our static economy system is finally getting the fix it needs, the galaxy seems abit more alive than before now, and im very glad the devs able to put out a hotfix on beta branch, so bravo to that.

With that out of the way. Do you think it is possible for dev to tackle faction wars and diplomacy? Right now faction wars feels like an unproductive mess where one side completely annihilate another and then proceed to park their ship inside the now empty sector. It feels less organic that faction wars basically results in no change in the galaxy. As such i have proposed some form of faction takeover, where by the function of a script, next time player enter the empty sector will be gradually populated by the winning faction's factories. I think this feature would make faction wars abit more dynamic, and allow player to get involved in the conflict so they can have something out of it as well (say an important commodities factory). The subsequent improvements would likely involve faction diplomacy and the possibility of alliances. Coming from starpoint gemini warlord, i feel although their diplomacy is fairly simple, it might work wonder for a game like Avorion. More complex diplomacy can always come in the forms of DLC/expansions when the game is out, but something simple like basic agreements/alliances would be very welcome.

Secondly. Although the galaxy is big enough for singleplayer, i feel it still struggles to support a full-ledge endgame fleet system. I have suggested respawning asteriods and respawning event sectors (scraps/claimable asteriods etc). This respawning feature is particularly important as it allows the dev to modify the current difficulties without heavily punishing the player. With enough resources to supply an entire end game fleet and keep them repaired, difficult battles can be done even with heavy losses. This gives the player a sense of challenge without the feeling of being too grindy. Several other 4X strategy games have done a similar thing such as Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Sins of a Solar empire (my favourite), Endless space 2 etc. Respawning resources is also very important for multiplayer, as currently the galaxy isn't enough to sustain 30 odds player for a month or so. I came into the server Prospercraft about a month into the server and found the centre of the galaxy nearly empty with all of its asteriod claimed and savage materials gone. When dreadnaughts starts to cost for millions of materials, it is very difficult for a new player to find that material to compete with older players who have hoarded all of this to themselves, this essentially makes the PVP a who comes first who wins scenario. And overall i just like the idea of galaxy being Alive, rather than slowly dying due to running out resources. Respawning feature doesnt have to be frequent, but i'll be very happy if is there, just enough to support the whole fleet building system.

Large asteroid fields do respawn. The claimable asteroids don't but the resource ones do.

they didn't specify how asteroid spawn.

please give detail because my mining ship said. there are no more asteroid.

Large asteroid fields will respawn after a certain period of time. After your ship mines all the asteroids, you'll have to wait a bit, then when you go visit the sector again it might be regenerated with new resource asteroids and you can just tell your mining ship to mine again.

Large asteroid fields do respawn. The claimable asteroids don't but the resource ones do.

they didn't specify how asteroid spawn.

please give detail because my mining ship said. there are no more asteroid.

Large asteroid fields will respawn after a certain period of time. After your ship mines all the asteroids, you'll have to wait a bit, then when you go visit the sector again it might be regenerated with new resource asteroids and you can just tell your mining ship to mine again.

Is been confirmed by the dev that asteriods do respawn, which is a relief. Nevertheless, the current asteriods cannot support a whole endgame fleet, which makes tinkering difficulties and multiplayer fairness very hard to accomplish. Making claimable asteriods and wreckages respawnable would easily solve this issue. The dev could also balance the asteriod density or amount of resources it posses, as currently it isnt as worthwhile as salvaging a station that has 7 million materials. I do not suggest nerf station resource count, because a sandbox game that ENCOURAGES freedom and possibilities should allow player to create at least a fleet of endgame ships, and wreckages with buffed asteriods will support that. If people complain game becoming easy, the dev should focus on balancing enemies, factions and more, but not by gimping the player's freedom. If someone want to make a death star they should be allowed to do so, if someone want to create a fleet of reapers they should have the tools to do so. It is up to dev to tinker the difficulties especially towards the centre and individual factions, case point - in starpoint gemini warlords the end game factions are yours to conquer but they have often triple the fleet power if not 10x of the final boss in main campaign, in sins of a solar empire your entire fleet can be wiped out if you arent careful even with a level 10 titan.

Another thing i would like to address is that materials between each tier shouldnt be such an improvement that the previous tier is entirely obsolete. Currently once you got hold of avorion, the centre is literally all that matters because Avorion is better in pretty much all aspects compared to other materials. We really need an identity here for each material tiers so player dont feel like such a big galaxy is actually tiny because useful resources are all concentrated at one spot. For a galaxy with a million sectors, the dev need to encourage players to explore the outer rim as well as earlier sectors. This can be done by giving each tier of materials a stronger identity: e.g. Xanion is good at energy generation, Trinium is good with thrusters, Iron has best interia dampener etc. This if coupled with interesting rare events such as witnessing enemy captial ships or unknown alien fleets in the outer rim would encourage players to go back and forth between the core and rest of the galaxy, rather than limiting players to one spot. 

Different materials already have that attribute.  Like Trinium being the lightest material, so is excellent for skinning your ships with, where Ogonite is good for energy generation and storage, Xanium for shields, trinium for thrusters... There actually is quite a variety if you actually do more than just min/max the system. 

Different materials already have that attribute.  Like Trinium being the lightest material, so is excellent for skinning your ships with, where Ogonite is good for energy generation and storage, Xanium for shields, trinium for thrusters... There actually is quite a variety if you actually do more than just min/max the system.

I think perhaps these unique characteristics can be abit more obvious. A stronger identity to these materials would promote a diversity of choice. Also i find it very strange that only iron and Avorion offers inertia dampener, again limiting their choices.

Right now avorion is way too good for what it offers, not to mention rift bypass ability.

I think perhaps these unique characteristics can be abit more obvious. A stronger identity to these materials would promote a diversity of choice. Also i find it very strange that only iron and Avorion offers inertia dampener, again limiting their choices.

Right now avorion is way too good for what it offers, not to mention rift bypass ability.

Yeah, the only way to see the differences right now is to watch the changes in the +,- in your stats screen as you build.  Perhaps more detail in the tutorial for those that need it. 

The inertia dampener makes sense, because it is a very inefficient and weak unit... a noob system, imo.  Directional thrusters give far more control, with less power draw, and the AI can use the full speed of your ship, whereas the AI fails to calculate inertia dampeners in it's max travel speed.

And No, avorian is not too good, it's endgame material.  It does exactly what it should do.  And it isn't even the best in all the stats... look closer ;)