80 hours of Avorion later... (community/game appreciation)

SpaceMonkey

Hey there fellow space cadets!

So I just wanted to throw out a quick game and community love/appreciation post.

I got this game because the building really interested me, and I was looking for an immersive space experience. I wanted to skirmish, explore, maybe just float around and salvage while listening to ghetto funk.... and that's exactly what I've gotten out of Avorion! The game has sucked me in so much!

I started as a simple exploration craft and cargo hauler. I'd explore, mine, haul cargo, make some credits... but then I found an Exotic Object Detector... suddent, those hidden mass sectors looked a whole lot juicer when my systems would just highlight the valuables. This led me deeper and deeper into space. Eventually I ditched my mining turrets in favor of more weapons, but I kept the salvage turrets - I seem to get faster return on salvage than mining.

Then I started getting my butt kicked by pirates. So weapon systems upgrades and a hull refit later.... my ship is a deadly forced to be reckoned with. I can only imagine the pirates bewilderment, screaming "IT'S JUST ONE SHIP!" over their comms as I rip their fleet apart on straggler at a time. Stashes and salvage have been good to me. I feel like I have an unholy amount of weapons for how small my ship is (barely a 5-slot).

So yeah. I love Avorion. Never been so pleased. I even refit my computer desk to feel more like the helm of a space ship.

Thanks, developers, for the amazing game experience. I've more than got my money's worth already. (I have a dollar/hour policy. Any game worth it should give me at least 1 hour of entertainment for every dollar I spent.). Plus, the community has been really helpful and friendly online, patiently answering my dumb questions in the middle of space pirate battles....

Much love. Carry on.

I seem to get faster return on salvage than mining.
Interesting. That's how I used to play, too. But nowadays, in the Xanion zone, I get far, far better returns on mining rather than salvaging, at least time-investment-wise. How funny is that!

So yeah. I love Avorion. Never been so pleased. I even refit my computer desk to feel more like the helm of a space ship.
Haha, awesome. Now that's dedication!

Thanks, developers, for the amazing game experience. I've more than got my money's worth already. (I have a dollar/hour policy. Any game worth it should give me at least 1 hour of entertainment for every dollar I spent.). Plus, the community has been really helpful and friendly online, patiently answering my dumb questions in the middle of space pirate battles....
Interesting again! That's exactly how I think, too. I don't have a clear-cut definition of "$1 equates to 1 hour of fun", but I do indeed eyeball "entertainment time + entertainment value had vs. price" whenever I consider purchasing something and/or reflect back on past purchases. And indeed, Avorion may just be one of the best purchases I've ever done in the realm of gaming. There's just so much to it, also, like you put it, in all the peripherals around the game: community, modding, discussions, videos... my mind fills with "YES" whenever I think about this game. ;D

Much love. Carry on.
Right back to you, bro. Game on!

my suggestion that you should buy trading post.

and see you will get 1 billion if you lucky.

Now this is also intriguing, because I tried a Trading Post once and all it did was fill up on goods sold to it, but it could never get stock on the goods that it sold, because what it buys and sells are two different collections of goods. I've been curious about this for a while, actually.

How does one properly get a Trading Post to acquire the goods it wants to be selling?

Mm, I see. It's weird how Trading Posts have completely disconnected Buy/Sell inventories. That way, once they're full up in the Buy department, they can never offload their goods unless you, the player, comes by and Transfers Cargo. I'm not sure that's how it was meant to work, but maybe I'm wrong.

I haven't even gotten into building stations or getting very involved in the economy.  I guess I can see how there's a lot of money to be made.

Personally, I've been really into my current phase of "flying my lone ship deep into unknown space, exploring and salvaging.

I finally figured out research stations, which has led to me upgrading to some great weapons. I was worried my little ship wouldn't be able to keep up, but I've had no problem. 13 weapons and 2 salvage turrets (which are also weapons, lol) on my little 5-slot.

Once I find a area of space I want to settle, I'll get into stations. But for now, the good ship Jungle Love 3 is cruising deep space, blasting only the funkiest of music while tearing through Xsotan fleets.

Mm, I see. It's weird how Trading Posts have completely disconnected Buy/Sell inventories. That way, once they're full up in the Buy department, they can never offload their goods unless you, the player, comes by and Transfers Cargo. I'm not sure that's how it was meant to work, but maybe I'm wrong.

Here i make this very simple :

1. NPC sell their goods to your trading post

2. You come closer and you transfer cargo/crew/fighter.

3. Take all the goods from station.

4. Sell it somewhere else.

I got 1 billion from this exploit alone.

Here i make this very simple :

1. NPC sell their goods to your trading post

2. You come closer and you transfer cargo/crew/fighter.

3. Take all the goods from station.

4. Sell it somewhere else.

I got 1 billion from this exploit alone.

I think they should balance it out so you can still earn a profit, but much less of one. I wouldn't call it an exploit, more an overpowered thing that needs some nerfing. Maybe reduce the amount of goods that are sold to the trading post so you don't earn a completely broken amount of profit?

no. i get war machine, and vehicles for free. and i got energy tube, laser modulator, industrial tesla coil. etc

they are a factory component, and i obtain it for free.  (and i got the tax profit by 20 million)

so its easy to craft OP turret too, since i didnt need to make factory out of it.

also the upkeep for crew in trading post are cheap. so i don't mind.

they need to block this exploit, and adding feature to cope with this situation.

also please don't blind toward this game state. we are supposed to test this game.

What would be a possible fix for this so-called exploit? Should we have to pay our own Trading Posts to Transfer Cargo from them? Should Trading Posts be banned from excepting certain goods?

Simply add civilian that able to consume said goods.

That was habitat used for.