Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

What do you lose on death?

DeathTech

You dont really "loose" anything. When you die all of the system upgrades and weapons you have on your ship "pop off" and float near the carcass of your ship. You can then go pick up the parts that were dropped since there is pretty much no despawning timer on those things.  The only "real" thing you loose are the money and resources you put into building the ship. This is why you should always have some insurance so you can her reimbursed when you eventually get killed.

Just a quick question guys but what do you lose on death in Avorion?

I probably should know but I've only died once and I wasn't really paying attention to my losses.

So what do we lose on death?

quick answer :

1. your ship. (you can salvage some part of it)

2. your system and turret (if you have it in your ship) (you can take them back)

3. your precious crew.

4. your precious money. (you lost your ship after all).

another ones :

1. your distance toward center of galaxy (the closer you go to center : better equipment and system) (basically your time).

2. your time to grind your resource for creating ships.

Thanks, guys.

Very informative.

I was just wondering cause I destroyed myself in a drone several times with no visible negatives.

you lose your time tho.

however get shield as fast as you can.

if possible get some worm hole / warp drive system. that will help a lot to locate that naonite and trinitium.

get trade system to get profit from trade revenue or do some fetch quest.

get your first 30 million to create station and you own the game.

legit.

Yeah, I spawned somewhere around 75% distance from the Core when I generated my galaxy and right now I'm chilling at about 40-30% distance from the Core, where I've set up my private space empire Sector.

The most annoying thing about dying to me was that it might respawn me back at my Reconstruction Site, way the way out towards the Outer Rim, as opposed to in another ship I controlled closer to "home".

After relocating my Reconstruction Site and having a steady source of income, dying hasn't really been as much of a problem for me. It is annoying, though, if it happens just after I've invested a lot of resources into building a Station, because that means I cannot easily rebuild a ship I'm comfortable flying around in (i.e. that doesn't carry the pressure of being too weak for the current area of the galaxy, with the added caution of having to avoid blowing up very easily from attack).

Other than that: you lose nothing more than has already been said in this topic. But I agree with Hellatze: time is one of the biggest things you lose, given that you have to rebuild your ship, which may include gathering enough Resources, and restock your Crew, which may require you to travel far and wide to find all the appropriate staff you require (esp. when you need Commanders and/or Generals, and Pilots).

Death really isn't a problem for me in this game so far.

Only died once. XD

The only reason you died in this game because you ram into asteroid.

This game are easy actually.

If you dying. Just run 1000 m/s. Enemy unable to catch you (their speed capped)