Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta Branch Patch 0.15.8 Patchnotes

koonschi

Still not an update i was looking foward to.

So it still the same for me.

Dude, just stop complaining about everything Jesus Christ man.

Anyway, this update is looking really good

1. Game are made by criticism. The game will improve if we didnt turn into the blind side over the problem.

2. This exploit exist for near 2 months. And latest update didnt fix that. Since this exploit are game breaking. This need to fix ASAP. however latest update didnt fix it.

3. Soon you will understand. You just refuse my point.

You've provided your opinion about game and pointed out one bug. Then you proceed to bitch all the time. First is good, second is bad. Differentiate. Games are made by devs, who can use criticism, but not "I'm not happy" massages.

And he said i was complaining. Like my opinion are garbage.

Soon he will report me and i got ban.

What makes you say that stating your opinion will get you banned? Has it happened before? Could it be because of the way you try to express your opinions?

I feel like a good batch of criticism like you give the game is healthy, yes, but perhaps you may want to look at how to (and more to the point: where to) express those criticisms. It's good to complain about stuff you're unhappy with. That's healthy, not only for game design, but also for you as a human.

However, please realise that complaining once or twice, or once in a special thread, is enough. Constantly pointing out the same flaws isn't going to get your complaints more noticed in a positive way. Rather, people will think you're whining and droning on, even if that's not your intention.

Work with us here. I'm sure nobody in the community actually has any ill intent towards you on a personal level. But please understand that your general posting attitude on a forum-wide level has a tendency to stir up bad blood.

OK, well, in that case, is it too late to change your attitude? To try and get back on the good side of both the dev and the community? Sure, you can give up and say that everyone hates you, or you can try and do something about it.

That's all your choice, of course. I'm not telling you to do anything you don't want to. Just trying to help out. Good luck - stay strong!

I got warning from dev himself.

He said i got a lot of report.

The community already hate me anyway.

We don't hate you, Hellatze, we simply don't approve of your condescending attitude.  Perhaps it's from you not wording your posts correctly, or being too aggressive in your claims....  You have the power to fix that. 

The points you do bring up are valid, you just need to work on your delivery.

who cares is a singleplayer game. The only thing they really need to fix as a priority right now is invincible fighters and destructive faction wars that clears entire sectors.

But why is that a problem its only logical?

No it isnt, because a truelly alive universe would have factions completely taking over another AND building their own factories inside their new territories. This is a standard in any 4X space game or space sims. It doesnt punish the player by eliminating resources, but expanding the possibilities in strategy. If you cherish a certain commodities then theres an incentive to help that faction eliminating their competitors, there-by having more of that commodies factories built by the winning faction. Right now everything is wiped out and the ships just stuck in an empty sector with nothing to do, that is not realistic nor productive to the game or player.

The problem with invincible fighters has already been address in huge detail so i wont bother explain too much. Bascially, right now you can have 50 fighters to annihilate an entire fleet, i dont think i can say more on that.....

Not bug but exploit. A game breaking exploit that last for 2 months.

And still linger nowdays.

And he said i was complaining. Like my opinion are garbage.

Soon he will report me and i got ban.

Sigh.

I never reported you, I was just saying, you have ignored the fact that the game is very early on. If you had a bug to report you could have done it in a better fashion. take the invincible fighter problem: Hey I was experiencing a bug with fighters not being killable, Does anyone else experience this as well? Its making it very hard to play in Multiplayer.

This is constructive and does not portray the attitude you have been bringing.

yes, it worked so well.

however the trading post exploit still exist  :-\

hoping they fix issue trading post exploit as fast as possible.

note : for people who doesnt know what trading post exploit :

1. trading post will buy NPC cargo haul and you will get profit by tax (20 % of goods).

2. however you CAN take said item yourself. by going near trading post. and transfer cargo between ship and station.

3. then took all of it, all of the goods. sell it to nearby allied faction.

btw is there a limit for sector simulation ?

i hope they are limited to our sector instead. but unlimited sector simulation.

Hi all,

I'm also concerned about this exploit. I already reported it since January 02. I'm not sure if you are aware of how severe is this thing, I tried to explain it on my post:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4343.msg22958.html#msg22958

But my english skills are not the best. I'll try to clarify it here too:

Let's say your ALLIANCE (<- that is important for the exploit to work) owns a trading post, then an NPC freighter comes in and sells your post 900 computer mainframes. Your alliance (you) earns credits because of the tax. Then you use any player ship to FREELY TAKE those 900 mainframes and immediately you sell them to the same trading post (you can sell them because you are using a player ship to sell to an alliance station which is allowed and profitable). This way you earn credits for the tax again (alliance side) BUT as a player you earn credits for the sale!!! You TAKE AGAIN THOSE MAINFRAMES and repeat the process again and again and each time you'll earn +50 millions for the trade.

IMO this is game breaking because you need only 25 millions to found a trading post and then you just need to  use this exploit to go from 25millions to 3 BILLIONS on less than 5 minutes!

Please, excuse my grammar, and feel free to ask me any question if I were not enough clear.

BTW I already have seen some players using this exploit to buy resources and offering 250 credits per iron unit. That's ridiculous. They can repeat the process any time they want to make a fortune.

That's hilarious.

I think the problem stems from the fact that an Alliance is technically another Faction, so you can interact with it and sell things to it as if it were just an NPC, but because you are that Faction, you get money two ways. That's bad, and you explained perfectly well why!

That's hilarious.

I think the problem stems from the fact that an Alliance is technically another Faction, so you can interact with it and sell things to it as if it were just an NPC, but because you are that Faction, you get money two ways. That's bad, and you explained perfectly well why!

Ty! I didn't manage to drag attention from the devs to this issue. That made me think I was not explaining it correctly. OK, as you can see, this is terrible. Now I'm seeing another player buying "any amount of avorion". I feel tempted to RUIN the economy of those cheaters by giving a BILLION TO EVERYONE. That must push up the prices of everything right?

is there a reason we can't pick up cargo as soon as the wreckage drops it now? it literally takes almost 5 minutes for it to let me pick it up(this is in SP too) and by the time I can, they all start disappearing

If I'm not mistaken it takes 5 minutes for the loot to go "public" meaning that it stops belonging to the faction the ship was from. You CAN pick it up before that, if you change your settings to pick up items that don't belong to you, but that would be stealing. It will also brand the items as stolen and you have to unbrand or sell them at a smuggler's den.

Hope that helps.

yes, it worked so well.

1. trading post will buy NPC cargo haul and you will get profit by tax (20 % of goods).

2. however you CAN take said item yourself. by going near trading post. and transfer cargo between ship and station.

Hi all,

I'm also concerned about this exploit. I already reported it since January 02. I'm not sure if you are aware of how severe is this thing, I tried to explain it on my post:

Let's say your ALLIANCE (<- that is important for the exploit to work) owns a trading post, then an NPC freighter comes in and sells your post 900 computer mainframes. Your alliance (you) earns credits because of the tax. Then you use any player ship to FREELY TAKE those 900 mainframes and immediately you sell them to the same trading post (you can sell them because you are using a player ship to sell to an alliance station which is allowed and profitable). This way you earn credits for the tax again (alliance side) BUT as a player you earn credits for the sale!!! You TAKE AGAIN THOSE MAINFRAMES and repeat the process again and again and each time you'll earn +50 millions for the trade.

IMO this is game breaking because you need only 25 millions to found a trading post and then you just need to  use this exploit to go from 25millions to 3 BILLIONS on less than 5 minutes!

Please, excuse my grammar, and feel free to ask me any question if I were not enough clear.

BTW I already have seen some players using this exploit to buy resources and offering 250 credits per iron unit. That's ridiculous. They can repeat the process any time they want to make a fortune.

Thank you both for reporting this. We are looking into it.

yes, it worked so well.

Hi all,

Thank you both for reporting this. We are looking into it.

Civilian required to take the cargo away. More civilian : the faster cargo to be consumed.

Just like habitat. However habitat create civilian for you.

Thats how to fix that cargo issue. You however must not able to take cargo. And blasting your own station considered crime.

Their home sector got eaten.. Without them knowing, because they are constantly moving around :P

Yeah no, we will do something about that :)

Those poor traders. Their homes get eaten by a rift while they are away on a cargo run. :(