What are your favorite things to do in Avorion?

DeathTech

Hey everyone,

I have been playing Avorion for a while and am wondering what everyone else does for fun after they beat the main story.

Have you guys got any idea's on what to do, either sightseeing or actual activities to participate in?

-DeathTech

Hey, it's DeathTech! Hello!

I haven't beaten the main story yet; I'm pacing out following quest lines together with simple exploration and what I call "meditative gaming"; just doing something fun for a while and slowly building up something I can call my own. I'm trying to set up a Turret Factory, from the ground up, hauling in Asteroids and setting up Mines and Factories all the way up the production line until I have a Turret Factory. The start of my galactic space empire, huzzah!

I'm also mostly getting my ass handed to me by Xsotan ever since Wayleran introduced me to a rebalancing of the core game's stats like enemy hull and DPS. So basically I'm constantly building, fighting and rebuilding. The tension of it all is pretty exciting, actually.

And I've gotten into modding, which is a significant time drain, you could say.

I guess I'm exploring everything I can about this game, on as many fronts as possible. It's a fun experience.

How are people's experiences with Multiplayer, I wonder? I haven't given that a try yet.

Initially I put a lot of time into collecting mats with my drone before building my first ship. A couple crashed ships (hard lessons learned) later, I've spent a whole lot of time just hopping sector to sector, exploring blips, mining materials, and fighting off pirates and Xsotan wherever I go. In some unexpected salvage, I got into a bit of trading.

I just recently hit tier-3 materials, opening up some fun new ship functionality for me.

I ended up becoming hated by a faction for getting caught smuggling stolen goods... twice... of course I didn't comply. What smuggler does? .... I just have to avoid those guys now... and learned my lesson about getting too close to frigates...

I ended up becoming hated by a faction for getting caught smuggling stolen goods... twice... of course, I didn't comply. What smuggler does? .... I just have to avoid those guys now... and learned my lesson about getting too close to frigates...

Haha, who doesn't. Then again I don't suppose anyone went the vengeful route like I did and wiped out their cargo transports for some top up after killing their security forces.

I mean after all. The stuff I picked up literally from one of their own security ships.

So I assume your suggestion is MINE EVERYTHING. Nice :3 Already doing that wherever I go too. ;)

So I assume your suggestion is MINE EVERYTHING. Nice :3 Already doing that wherever I go too. ;)

Lol, pretty much!

My leap into cargo hauling/smuggling was a moment of "Oh hey, look at all that cargo just floating out there... I can't let those credits go to waste!" then building what amounts to a rather large "shipping container" build onto the underside of my ship...

My leap into cargo hauling/smuggling was a moment of "Oh hey, look at all that cargo just floating out there... I can't let those credits go to waste!" then building what amounts to a rather large "shipping container" build onto the underside of my ship...

Hah, interesting. My response to space issues was adding some impromptu cargo holds.

Afterwards, I build myself a cargo transport vessel for the ai.

Aaaaand then I realized I'm not playing X3 at the moment and I can't go ordering it around to go buy/sell stuff.

Still great storage space though. :3

• 2 weeks later...

Turning enemy ships into fireworks, then sending my support carrier equipped with salvage fighter wings to clean the mess up for even more fireworks, then using the mats from the fireworks to build stations while watching more fireworks (those pirates and aliens probably never heard of a definition of insanity) :)

Trading. Or rather, gathering resources from salvage scrapyard/station wreckages then hunting down places to sell them and in the process making more trades (usually far more profitable).  On a custom server, my current ship is one large cargo block, with framework wrapped around and thrusters and other "internals" on top. No shields because I don't do combat.

Ironically, the ship design helps against that.

The very long and huge cargo block the bulk of the ships HP, and because of the framework, I use many small thrusters spaced out, something to the size of 0.5 x 1.0 x 1.0 (Spread out, they're incredibly efficient.)

The occasional shots will only take out some framework and a few of the thrusters, which are quite cheap to repair. (Iron and titanium in trinium territory if you can believe it)

ym53dHO.png

This is the starting model; later on I scale up once, and afterwards copy the whole thing without the engines then paste it to the front (or bottom/top/sides)

Sorry about the colors, but everyone's ships are such ... somber death machines, all that black and red, really boring.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After I beat the main story I decided I would hunt down all the achievements. I'm on my last achievement Master Tactician and what i do for fun is Ally all the factions around the centre so I have good trading and Make enemies with other factions. I Keep some enemy factions to grind their cargo ships so I have endless Pirating Profit. I expand my ship Constantly and Kill the last boss over and over for more loot. I just like blowing up stuff.