What is best turret factory?

Zaflis

I built turret in early game, but nothing in xanion space even compares. Will xanion laser turret deal more dps than naonite? I have found no proof yet that it does. 4 of those naonite turrets melt away pirates and others with xanion ships. I'm winning fights even against 4000 omicron enemies.

Here's picture from a turret factory i use for really good turrets otherwise, at least for mining and salvaging. It makes 75.3% efficiency 1476.2 dps xanion mining turrets. But as you see the laser weapon turret is less than 600 dps.

turret_factory2.thumb.jpg.8111077821d98795c94858e864fbca5c.jpg

For the moment, Turret Factories seem to have their own "blueprint seed" to make turrets.

When the seed changes, the weapon characteristics do vary and can range drastically, causing the metagaming expression "crap and god rolls" usually seen in RPGs.

It is possible to find Turret Factories with seeds that produce weapons way better than the norm, or in this case, way better than the norm of the two next material layers ::).

That mod should allow the player to find his own god rolls by choosing the seed.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard they're rare (it would need to be at less than 50 sectors from the Core, and those sectors are usually either Xsotan-controlled or deserted) but I heard reports of their existence.

In the case there isn't one in your galaxy, Turret Factories are also buildable, and it would definitely be worth it making one right next to the Core. And a Research Station too, to guarantee top tech level legendary turrets.

Is it possible to find a Avorion Tier Factory?

Every turret factory less then 75 sectors from core should be Avorion, so there should be some in most galaxies. You can also build an own turret factory. Try to build some near core (like 1:1) for max tier weapons. With a little luck at seed rolls you can get weapons with incredible dps.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found one Turret Factory (not my own) near the core ... maybe around (~45,0) or so out ... it had a slot #of 7 with 28,000 dam.  I think it was a rail gun, with a rate of 0.6, so the dam/s was unimpressive at 9,000/s.

I guess things get kinda quirky near the centre.  I have never built a Turret Factory before, so I guess I will need to ...

And Wanderlust - wow indeed.  That's a nice turret !!