Sp why xsotan. The powerfull alien who can control black hole itself. Are weak ?

Hellatze

Maybe weak or strong are based on people perspective. But i believe xsotan capable to destroy million people, creating rift (project exodus), and destroying mutiple civilization (from wreckages, resistance outpost, etc) incapable spam their powerful ship.

Even the most powerfull ship are weak, i dont even need to call allience to kill final boss. Jusf took longer to kill, they are just sponges.

They need buff. And rework.

Faction war are more challanging than xsotan. (Wich i think, how the hell they lose to xsotan in first place.

They're weak because randomly-generated turrets (which is what the AI uses) are terrible, while factory-constructed turrets are insanely powerful. AI ships also tend not to utilize very good mods, and of course their randomized designs aren't very optimized. On top of that, they can't use boost.

It's a quadruple threat. So when you've got 10+ factory-constructed weapons and 2-3 +100%/+20% shield capacity/recharge mods on your carefully-designed ship that can use boost, you have far better weapons, defenses, and mobility than entire fleets worth of AI ships.

Avorion was like this a year ago when I first played, and it hasn't changed at all. It's a huge problem and I don't know if Koonschi sees it that way, but I absolutely do.

And if you choose to be neutral with the Xsotan, you'll notice the problem is the economy. Storyline-wise, the Xsotan aren't strong. The just have seemlessly infinite supply of ships. The thing is - so do the pirates! And every other faction that invades another sector. And that kinda makes the Xsotan... Normal.

With the Xsotan neutral, as soon as I see them about to converge on me, I warp to the nearest system that can defend itself. I let them duke it out and collect the salvage. ... I mean, all of them seem to have plenty of resources themselves since they don't care about collecting salvage.

Because flying an OP ship is too mainstream :P

What we really need right now is for alien spawning frequency to drop to 1 hour to 2 hours and make them an actual event, an actual threat. Right now they are just constant pests to be exterminated and doesnt drop anything good, not interesting to fight with and stack with pirate spawning back to back to wriggle down whatever you have or npcs have. Make them have factories and what not and make our actions have an impact.

They're weak because randomly-generated turrets (which is what the AI uses) are terrible, while factory-constructed turrets are insanely powerful. AI ships also tend not to utilize very good mods, and of course their randomized designs aren't very optimized. On top of that, they can't use boost.

It's a quadruple threat. So when you've got 10+ factory-constructed weapons and 2-3 +100%/+20% shield capacity/recharge mods on your carefully-designed ship that can use boost, you have far better weapons, defenses, and mobility than entire fleets worth of AI ships.

Avorion was like this a year ago when I first played, and it hasn't changed at all. It's a huge problem and I don't know if Koonschi sees it that way, but I absolutely do.

i think koonschi doesn't care about it, he just all talk about feature that he want to implement. look at economy updates, they are unrefined and unbalanced as fuck. easy to exploit, and confusing to use too (due of lack of documentation). and the updates, basically allow you to have station that you unable to build in previous updates. when i make habitat, i think i will get income from taxes ? it doesn't. other feature are minor, and not worth mention.

when i put 120 hour, i actually have to keep my faith. so my money didn't really wasted. but dev itself rarely appear and want to talk in community, i wish to help too. but why i need too bother again if dev itself are inactive ?

and that 120 hour used for testing a lot of stuff + AFK. most of battle nothing more than, sit and shoot.

let see if this combat update are disappointing or not. and i hope the economy update receive fix and Changed the system. otherwise, i wish for refund. (in fact, i really wish

hope this game receive better treatment.

if you got pissed by my post, go ahead. i don't care about fanboy.

That's why it's still Alpha :P

The money I've paid and the time I spent were an investment. To help support the development a bit, to cause, find and report bugs.

If they release it in a state similar to this, I'd feel the same way.

Quit Robocraft because of this. Freejam got consumed by the Dark Side.

Well, I think it's important not to lose sight of the many ways in which this game is amazing.

Look at the Steam Workshop and compare some of the ships people create in Avorion to those created in Space Engineers, Starmade, Empyrion, or Interstellar Rift. I own all five of these games, I've created ships in every single one of them (here is the only one I've ever published), browsed many pages of other people's creations in the workshop, and the game that allows the most freedom in modeling ships is Avorion. This is largely because you can distort, rotate, layer, and finely position Avorion's blocks and greebles to get oblique and acute angles of all kinds and near-curves, but also, we have a powerful and easy-to-use ship building interface.

The game plays extremely smoothly on max settings; at least, it does for me, even in busy sectors full of asteroids. I'm running a G-Sync monitor with a 120 FPS cap in the settings, and the game looks great.

The broad strokes of the features Avorion offers are fantastic. It's like a combination of EGOSOFT's X series and EVE Online, and more besides. You can build your own factories, mines, and stations, completely custom-made in some cases, hold sovereignty over your very own star systems, run fleets of ships including AI-controlled ships, etc. There are some hiccups and issues, of course, but overall this is very impressive.

As far as combat goes, I think random turrets need to be scaled up in stats by about 30%, while factory-built turrets should be scaled down by 30% at the high end. Right now I've got lasers on my ship, built completely legitimately, that deal over 1400 DPS each at 5.5km, with perfect accuracy, and that use so little energy I never have to worry about it. Higher difficulty settings can certainly help, and actually I think the balance is a little better than it was a year ago... but only a little. I can still defeat a pirate fleet solo in a six-slotter.

The money I've paid and the time I spent were an investment. To help support the development a bit, to cause, find and report bugs.

since this game have 1 year development, and take too long to update.

i have pessimistic point of few.

I'm curious how long you think it should take to develop a proper game.

I do get some of his perspectives. We are 7 months until release and theres still bugs that has been going on FOR A YEAR that hasnt been fixed. Stuck cargo ships, weird AI relations, broken AI, duplicating ship wrecks etc etc. It is getting disheartening. Not to mention the features they plan to implement

EA should have 2 year. its a max year, dont prolong to forever EA.

and beta should be 1 year.

or you want this game finished in 10 year ?

for game this small it will not take too long to finish. unless dev want to add more.

for game this small it will not take too long to finish. unless dev want to add more.

So you do a lot of developing then?  If that's the case you should make an offer to help.

So you do a lot of developing then?  If that's the case you should make an offer to help.

first of all. stop being a fanboy, and see reality.

second, if you wish for this game finish its alpha in 100 year, while some content are buggy and unfinished. so time are important, you only live once.

third, even if i am a developer, i will not help to that extend. its not my game.

and lastly. if you keep being a blind fanboy, i wont bother with you anymore.

I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy, but I do consider you to be very naive when it comes to development.  Stability, efficient algorithms, resource costs (for the users PC's), and more all have to be considered with everything you do.  And on top of that, with every change you make you often run the risk of introducing new problems into systems that did work.  I'm not saying it should take the developers 5 or 10 years to button up this game, but considering the amount of time they do have into it I think a bit of grace and patience should be allowed.

You also seem angry or a bit on the offensive side in your replies.  Maybe that is just how I read into it.  At any rate, chill and enjoy the game.  If this game doesn't do it for you, try another. :)

I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy, but I do consider you to be very naive when it comes to development.  Stability, efficient algorithms, resource costs (for the users PC's), and more all have to be considered with everything you do.  And on top of that, with every change you make you often run the risk of introducing new problems into systems that did work.  I'm not saying it should take the developers 5 or 10 years to button up this game, but considering the amount of time they do have into it I think a bit of grace and patience should be allowed.

You also seem angry or a bit on the offensive side in your replies.  Maybe that is just how I read into it.  At any rate, chill and enjoy the game.  If this game doesn't do it for you, try another. :)

I know development take a long time. However thay could not prolong it like mass effect andromeda. Who ruined by long development and oney going to wasted.

Also when i investing the game i expect getting info, a lot of it. How the development going, etc.

That money could be used for other game, that developer needed the most like monster hunter world. I hate wasting money on game that have troubled development.

And reminder, i dont care how big the development team. Shen making a game, you should hire another crew to make this game more intresting. There is no such thing as slow and safe.

There is continious and safe

(...)

Games with small devteams:

- Robocraft - went the route you're suggesting and now it's a kids' game. Most of the people who loved it left and ones that stayed, stayed just because they don't want to lose the time invested.

- Minecraft - kept improving over the years. People who found the game too simple got to play with a variety of tech, magic, action and/or utility mods. Then Microsoft bought the licence and rewrote the game from Java to C++. Performance skyrocketed, but it's not moddable. Imho, it's just an art game for children. Java version still exists. Updated and playable, but it's overshadowed by Microsoft's promotions and merchandize.

- From the Depths - has great depth, loads of features in the base game and good modding support. But multiplayer is limiting it potential on the market. And that's going to go even lower. They might even remove multiplayer support completely. Coding complex features for multiplayer is much harder.

Medium devteam:

- Warframe - has been failing for years before succeding. They had a vision. They worked at it. Now has millions playing it.

Large devteam:

- Star Citizen - they started small, made big promises and had the determination to fulfill them. Now they have a huge international devteam. The key to their success is communication with the playerbase unseen in any other game so far.

https://starcitizen.tools/Production_Schedules

@Hellatze - I'd rather play a better game later than a bug-free, crappy game soon. Feel free to call me a fanboy.

Robotcraft - become pile of garbage. At least they have better multiplayer feature. Used to be a good game.

Minecraft - developed by company now, yes used to be a small team. At least minecraft are powerfull feature because they have a team who dedicated to it.

Starmade, didnt make significant progress. I wonder if people play that game. Didnt even pass from alpha of all this year. At least they can make a better ship than this game.

Its ok to play this game later. But beware of game that have potential to be another no man sky.

And FTD have powerfull communication between dev and its people in forum. Even the game have ship man made. And looks good as hell.

This game however. Not only dev rarely talk, poorly documented, several area didnt implemented fully, exploits, bugs. They also rarely updates. And been developed bor more than 1 year it seems. Maybe the dev become lazy... really wish they give us a hint what kind f a feature they want to add. Not a just news and pointless event.

Give pic, and full documentation what they want to add, so i will not getting worried on my money.

I am not naive as you guys.

(...)

This game however. Not only dev rarely talk, poorly documented, several area didnt implemented fully, exploits, bugs. They also rarely updates. And been developed bor more than 1 year it seems. Maybe the dev become lazy... really wish they give us a hint what kind f a feature they want to add. Not a just news and pointless event.

(...)

Well, it IS true that 2-way communication with the devs wouldn't hurt.

And I've been waiting for them to unbug me so I can play again for a long time now. From the last year, actually xD Official public test server. Playing other games in the meantime and losing interest in this.

But I think this is way off-topic. Nothing more to say here.

And if you choose to be neutral with the Xsotan, you'll notice the problem is the economy. Storyline-wise, the Xsotan aren't strong. The just have seemlessly infinite supply of ships. The thing is - so do the pirates! And every other faction that invades another sector. And that kinda makes the Xsotan... Normal.

Right? The Xsotan supposedly caused the galaxy to fracture into rifts of spacetime madness and killed off hundreds of ancient civilisations, fracturing what's left into thousands of independent factions, and now they're... scouting around? They just hop in with three to ten ships and... pew pew a little. Where are their devastating war fleets? Where are their strange wormhole warping shenanigans? Why aren't they spilling forth from the cracks in spacetime and/or creating more of them if their actions are what caused the galaxy to rip apart? Where are the crusades of fighters and warships against the Xsotan, seeking revenge against the alien threat that decimated the galaxy? Or maybe all of that was a mistake on their part and now they're looking to make amends with everyone, but as soon as someone else spots them, they open fire, so the Xsotan are forced to defend themselves... tragic.

But none of that is apparent or even hinted at while you actually play, which is a little sad given the sheer potential of super-cool plots and game mechanics you could think of with this source material. You've got a great setup going, with an interesting villain and a strange playing field, but where do you go with it? I'd like to see more... stuff happening with regards to the Xsotan.

Well, I think it's important not to lose sight of the many ways in which this game is amazing.

Look at the Steam Workshop and compare some of the ships people create in Avorion to those created in Space Engineers, Starmade, Empyrion, or Interstellar Rift. I own all five of these games, I've created ships in every single one of them (here is the only one I've ever published), browsed many pages of other people's creations in the workshop, and the game that allows the most freedom in modeling ships is Avorion. This is largely because you can distort, rotate, layer, and finely position Avorion's blocks and greebles to get oblique and acute angles of all kinds and near-curves, but also, we have a powerful and easy-to-use ship building interface.

The game plays extremely smoothly on max settings; at least, it does for me, even in busy sectors full of asteroids. I'm running a G-Sync monitor with a 120 FPS cap in the settings, and the game looks great.

The broad strokes of the features Avorion offers are fantastic. It's like a combination of EGOSOFT's X series and EVE Online, and more besides. You can build your own factories, mines, and stations, completely custom-made in some cases, hold sovereignty over your very own star systems, run fleets of ships including AI-controlled ships, etc. There are some hiccups and issues, of course, but overall this is very impressive.

As far as combat goes, I think random turrets need to be scaled up in stats by about 30%, while factory-built turrets should be scaled down by 30% at the high end. Right now I've got lasers on my ship, built completely legitimately, that deal over 1400 DPS each at 5.5km, with perfect accuracy, and that use so little energy I never have to worry about it. Higher difficulty settings can certainly help, and actually I think the balance is a little better than it was a year ago... but only a little. I can still defeat a pirate fleet solo in a six-slotter.

I agree with all of this wholeheartedly. But the very final sentence is somewhat of a personal preference, I think. I do agree that the player is OP as fek, but there's some satisfaction of the power fantasy that is tailored towards by being so powerful you can take on a Pirate fleet.

I like building a massive, scary capital ship that others can basically do nothing against, but I agree that there should be some repercussions. People fear you, so they build armadas together and try to take you down with all of their strength combined. Or maybe they like having you around as a protector, and give you some tax to help defend them against the Xsotan scourge. Meanwhile, your efforts do not go unnoticed by Xsotan, and they start to raid your bases with more and more powerful fleets, trying to hit you where it hurts. Additionally, a rivalling faction with a strong economy challenges your capital ship with one of their own, a massive monstrosity of equal scariness that should make sure an epic space battle ensues.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the OP is referring to more of a plot hole.

They have access to avorion and they can jump over rifts. If they want to take over the galaxy, why do not they just send their strongest most powerful fleet from the core of the galaxy to destroy other sectors.

I have been asking this question myself for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, i think a second smaller ring wouldnt be a bad idea with some avorion on the outside, not a lot, but that inside that ring xsotan are always hostile with you and have sectors with not only breeders, but also huge fleets. Or that sectors inside that ring can randomly get a hidden mass signature and in that sector a xsotan fleet gathers with you can engage with. But it would also be nice if the xsotan attacks within the ring are 4/5 times as big with way more vessels, i mean, you are coming closer and closer to their homebase...

i hope xsotan get the huge fleets the lore says they have. Also plz bigger enemy ships :-)