[MOD PACK] Galaxy Mods: Balance & Difficulty Mods

Wayleran

This mod is on a couple of servers I played on, and other than the economy section I love it. However, the economy mod has made me leave both of those servers, and they were the only two English speaking populated servers I could find. My problem with the economy mod is as follows:

In my opinion is seems silly that a station that requires 2k oxygen per minute to function, gets the same delivery of 10-50 items as a research station that can only store a total of  50 proton accelerators.

It also seems silly to me that a outer rim small station with storage for only a couple of items gets the same delivery as a giant core mega station with hundreds of thousands of cargo space.

Thirdly, with player made stations in vanilla, you can increase profitability through spending credits to increase the small - XXL size of the station in the menu, and you can increase profitability by spending credits and resources to increase the physical size and therefore cargo capacity of the station. However, with this mod there is no point in building any station better than small, or with more than 1000 cargo space, at which point they're too small for endgame players to really dock with them without a lot of effort.

Finally, it seems ridiculous a giant cargo hauler at least 10x the size of my ship carries such a small amount compared to my ship.

May i suggest/request instead of applying a numerical based cap on the ammount of cargo they carry, you make the cargo ships cary a proportion of the amount needed by the station they are delivering to, as vanilla does. However vanilla's amount of I think 50-75% is too high, especially for a difficulty mod. I would suggest 25-50% seems more reasonable, but that is your choice as to how much difficulty you want this mod to add specifically to the station builder playstyle.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic