Design Fighters

Ethentianknight

Suggestion

I would like to be able to design fighters for my ship. I understand they would likely be capped at a certain volume, and you would have to choose the type beforehand, but it would be nice.

on the other hand, maybe modify hangars or add a block for real ship storage.

i know it might be a hassle, but it would bring building to a whole new level.

11 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

Designing fighters is definitely planned.

on the other hand, maybe modify hangars or add a block for real ship storage.

i know it might be a hassle, but it would bring building to a whole new level.

I'm not sure I can follow. How would Hangars have to be modified, and what's the benefit of another block for fighter storage, versus a hangar?

• Boxelware Team

Thanks now I get it!

We're planning a docking mechanism where you can actually dock (as in: the ship becomes immobile and the mass of the other ship increases etc). That system would allow storing ships inside other ships. You could build your own hangar out of normal and holo blocks for the hangar barriers.

Thanks now I get it!

We're planning a docking mechanism where you can actually dock (as in: the ship becomes immobile and the mass of the other ship increases etc). That system would allow storing ships inside other ships. You could build your own hangar out of normal and holo blocks for the hangar barriers.

I'm excited about designing fighters but I just can't stop thinking about this. Such potential.

In fact, I went off-topic about it, so I've moved the rest of my post elsewhere.

Thanks now I get it!

Do you think this will also include some sort of basic MP Function where my friend can land on my carrier and then I can jump while he comes for the ride and explore the stars while he is parked inside my big large opening err hanger?

Especially Miningfighers... had to hop like 1 hours to find someone actually having them...

What might help is that most factions (if you ask a cargo-hauler for their home) have an equipmentdock at they central sector. Took me a while to find that out...

Designing fighters is definitely planned.

Late reply, but that's great to hear! I'm really looking forward to this feature. Do you know if designing fighters be the same as any other ship, or will they have their own unique set of blocks (such as cockpits, forward-facing weapons, pilot life-support, etc)?