Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[Mod][Event] Xsotan Dreadnought

Hammelpilaw

Xsotan Dreadnought

The Xsotan Dreadnought is a boss with very strong shields. It can charge up during fight wich repairs its shields and increase the damage output. Also he will call more xsotan ships to help him.

He got some kind of special shields that absorbs ionized projectils, shield breaking weapons and even collision damage.

jh9720f.jpgjh9720f.jpgjh9720f.jpgjh9720f

Installation instructions

Step 1 - Installation

Download the XsotanDreadnought zip file and extract the content of its Avorion directory into your local Avorion directory. Be aware that mod version 0.2.0 requires Avorion 0.17.1 or higher! For lower versions use mod version 0.1.2.

Step 2 - Initialization

Implement the event in your scripts. There are different methods to do this. You can use one or more of the methods below:

Random event

Implement mod as a random event that will be automaticly started about every 2-3 hours for users (like the distress call mission). Open the zip file and extract the content of its XDEvent directory into your local Avorion directory.

In case you are using mod version 0.3.0 you have to download the seperated XDEvent zip file, since version 0.4.0 it is included to mod package.

Mission at military outpost

Use this mod as a plugin for MilitaryMissions mod. Follow installation instructions of the MilitaryMissions mod and enable the Xsotan Dreadnought in the file `mods/MilitaryMissions/config/MilitaryMissionsConfig.lua`.

Custom initialization (for modders)

Alternatively you can use this mod as a resource that can be implemented in your own mods/scripts.

Player():addScript("mods/XsotanDreadnought/scripts/player/XsotanDreadnoughtAttack.lua", true)

or

Player():addScriptOnce("mods/XsotanDreadnought/scripts/player/XsotanDreadnoughtAttack.lua", true)

Calling this will start the event for the player.

Step 3 - Translation (optional)

If you do not want to use translations for this mod or only need it in english, you may skip this step.

Support for i18n translation mod by rinart73 is implemented in this mod since version 0.1.2.

Included languages:

• English
  • German
  • Russian

To enable translations download i18n mod and follow installation instructions (only "Installation", you must not do the steps "For users" and below).

i18n mod - forum topic

You can add additional languages, just take a look into mods/XsotanDreadnought/localization/en.lua

I do not take any warrenty to any other language data then English and German.

Watch credits section to see the creators of additional language data.

Configuration

You should take a look into the config file: mods/XsotanDreadnought/config/XsotanDreadnoughtConfig.lua

You can change a lot of balancing stuff there. The comments should say everything you need to know.

Version history

0.4.2 (requires Avorion 0.20.0 or higher)

- Updated mod for Avorion 0.20

- Fixed an issue where the Dreadnought may drop Avorion in the very outside of the galaxy

0.4.0 (requires Avorion 0.18.0 or higher)

- Improved compatibility to Ham Galaxy Settings mod.

- Improved/fixed calculations of the damage the Dreadnought deals. This may affect difficulty. You should reconfigure it for your galaxy. Watch comments in config file.

- Added the Xsotan upscale function that came with Avorion 0.18.0 to scale the Dreadnought (can be disabled in config file).

0.3.0 (requires Avorion 0.17.1 or higher)

- Added support for being used as plugin for MilitaryMissions mod.

0.2.1 (requires Avorion 0.17.1 or higher)

- Configs for core should work now

0.2.0 (requires Avorion 0.17.1 or higher)

- Improved config file

- Added torpedoes (configurable) and anti torpedoe equipment

- Improved weapon range of the Dreadnought

- Added i18n translation support

- Release

Compatiblity

This mod is highly compatible with almost all other mods. It does not overwrite any game file. Only the XDEvent (watch Installation step 2 for more information) overwrites the file eventscheduler.lua. If another mod already modifies your eventscheduler.lua, you have to merge them or implement the event trigger by yourself into any script.

For not making the Dreadnought stronger then the Wormhole Guardian you can also use the Wormhole Scout mod.

Translations

You created your own language file for this mod, wich is not included in the current mod version, and want it to be released? Just send me your language.lua file.

Credits for translations

Thanks to all who helped translating this mod:

* Russian by Rinart73

CarrierCommand priority

If you are using CarrierCommand mod by Laserzwei you may add a priority fighter use for the Dreanought. I recommand a priority of 15.

Config.additionalPriorities = {
    xsotan_dreadnought = 15
}

Developing

For developing I used a modified entitydbg.lua to start the event, this file is also included in this package. This file may not be up to date cause I do not update it frequently, use at your own risk. Its version number matches Avorion versions.

XDEvent-0.1.2.zip

XsotanDreadnought-0.4.2.zip

XDentitydbg-0.20.0.zip

Sorry, nub here. I grabbed the XDEvent file but I'd like to spawn it much less frequently.

You said it'll happen every 2-4 hours. I'd rather like it to happen maybe once a day.

A rare challenge event for my server of players.

I see this in the event file

{schedule = random():getInt(50, 100) * 60, script = "mods/XsotanDreadnought/scripts/player/XsotanDreadnoughtAttack", minimum = 60 * 60, arguments = {true}, to = 400},

I'm guessing to modify the random get int? In what way?

Also I see the Minecorp hook in your config file. Which I don't have minecrop. Is that going to break the script?

Sorry, nub here. I grabbed the XDEvent file but I'd like to spawn it much less frequently.

You said it'll happen every 2-4 hours. I'd rather like it to happen maybe once a day.

A rare challenge event for my server of players.

Change this line:

{schedule = random():getInt(50, 100) * 60, script = "mods/XsotanDreadnought/scripts/player/XsotanDreadnoughtAttack", minimum = 60 * 60, arguments = {true}, to = 400},

to this:

{schedule = random():getInt(1, 6) * 60 * 60, script = "mods/XsotanDreadnought/scripts/player/XsotanDreadnoughtAttack", minimum = 6 * 60 * 60, arguments = {true}, to = 400},

This will change the interval to 6-12 hours (wich is not even once a day when you play 6 hours each day.

Also I see the Minecorp hook in your config file. Which I don't have minecrop. Is that going to break the script?

Thanks for the info. I think this is an harmless issue, but fixed it in XDEvent 0.1.2, please download the current version. People who are using MineCorp mod must not update.

Hey Hammelpilaw,

im trying my own modifications, but i really don't understand how it's exactly calculating the time interval for the events.  When i looked into your lines, my guess has been that the first line trigger every 50 - 100 Minutes and the second line every 1 to 6 hours. But after your explanation iam wrong. And i do not understand what the "to" parameter does.

Can you please explain it to me, would be very nice, since i want to create some events too.

Thank you in advance :)

EDIT:

Seems i got it: It's the combination of schedule and minimum value. So if Minimum = 6 * 60 * 60 it means minimum is 6 hours. And then it adds between 1 * 60 * 60 and 6 * 60 * 60 to the minimum value which thenis 6 to 12 hours.

I hope i got it right now. But i still don't know what the "to" parameter does.

Second EDIT:

Could it be that the "to" parameter defines the distance from the core? So "to=300" would mean that the event only runs if you're <=300 sectors from core?

Phanti

Yes, shedule is between 1 * 60 * 60 and 6 * 60 * 60. But later in the script it will be multiplied with a random number between 0 and 1, so in the shedule parameter will be between 0 and 6 * 60 * 60, wich will be added to the minimum event time.

The to parameter is the maximum distance from core for this event. Outside of this distance the event will not be initialized.

• 4 weeks later...

This mod / event needs to be installed on both sides (Client / Server) or is it enough to install only on the server?

It needs to be installed on both sides because the event is started as a mission wich needs the client side.

If you would change the event it may be possible to make it working on server side only. F.e. you could add an Event wich randomly spawns the Dreadnought just like xsotan attacks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just tried out the mod and liked it so I will put it in our modpack.

I did notice the range was really small so that would be nice if it was configurable.

One other thing that would be nice for config is being able to change the parameters for both the dreadnought inside and outside the core.

At the moment it only seems to affect the shield regen?

Thanks!

I did notice the range was really small so that would be nice if it was configurable.

One other thing that would be nice for config is being able to change the parameters for both the dreadnought inside and outside the core.

At the moment it only seems to affect the shield regen?

The range is a known issue. Since combat update this mod needs a rework, wich is definitely planned (same for the Wormhole scout mod). Both mods has not been reworked since lot of things changed in Avorion during last patches.

Good idea to make all settings configurable for inside and outside core, will do this in next update.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i just experienced a bug.

while doing the smuggler quest, it sends you to an empty sector... i got the xsotan dreadnought instead of Bottan.

Thanks for the report. Can you please send me your logs and tell me wich part exactly it was from the smuggler quest?

Edit:

Well I think you had both quests in the same sector? The dreadnought and the smuggler quest where you should meet Bottan? When you entered the sector both were spawned by the scripts. Because all npc factions are inatially hostile to Xsotan the Dreadnought attacked Bottan, and Bottan jumps out of the sector as soon as he receives damage.

If you did not see bottan jumping out I think you were still on loading screen when he jumped out.

• 1 month later...

Updated mod to version 0.4.0

- Improved compatibility to Ham Galaxy Settings mod.

- Improved/fixed calculations of the damage the Dreadnought deals. This may affect difficulty. You should reconfigure it for your galaxy. Watch comments in config file.

- Added the Xsotan upscale function that came with Avorion 0.18.0 to scale the Dreadnought (can be disabled in config file).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hammel,

First I love the mod and the variety it adds to the game, I'm a frequent player on the US Rusty {CorePvP} server.  So i've had quite a few run ins with the Dreadnaught.  He is definitely a boss to take seriously and I love the difficulty it adds to the game!

However, with the new Scaling the has been added into the game, there are a few issues, which im sure you're aware of.  Now (on the Rusty server), the dreadnaught can spawn in with millions more omi (I've encountered some with 100 mil+ omi).  The XWG has this same issue (on the Rusty server i've seen the XWG have 4 billion omi) which of course mean instant death for anyone no matter how strong they are 

Now of course This is a bit obsurd, but with the XWG you can have some counterplay, like just staying more than 15km away from him so he cant kill you.

Now i'm fine with the damage in all honesty, it adds a great challenge to overcome.  The problem lies in the fact that he spawns right on top of you (about 5-10km), so well if you only have about 5 seconds to get away, well you just die.

My suggestion is maybe make him spawn about 30-45km from the spawn area of the sector so the player can accurately assess what he is getting into with scanners etc and decide whether he wants to fight it or to run.

Im not sure if this is possible with the coding or not, but I thought i'd run the Idea by you.

Thanks again man, the mod is great!