Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[0.15.7] Station price margin doesn't affect traders

Rinart73

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I checked a few times and factory/station/mine price margin doesn't affect spawning traders in any way, though it should.

Calculation when traders should spawn and how much they should by happens on Lua-side in "sector/traders.lua" and "lib/tradingutility.lua". And neither of this files has anything to do with station price margin.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I checked a few times and factory/station/mine price margin doesn't affect spawning traders in any way, though it should.

Calculation when traders should spawn and how much they should by happens on Lua-side in "sector/traders.lua" and "lib/tradingutility.lua". And neither of this files has anything to do with station price margin.

Although very important to fix this, i think youre barely gonna make any profit anyway outside of certain trade post exploits as your sector gets increasingly overloaded with dead AI cargo ships.

Actually, and although this may very well be anecdotal evidence, I have six Asteroid Mines in my home Sector continually pulling in traders while I'm out of Sector. Normally, I set the price margin at a low-cut of -26% to try and attract as many traders as I can without shooting myself in the foot with too low prices. These Stations earn my around 50k-200k per trade, depending on the specific Mine that has been traded with (amount and commodity type influence this, although on average a Platinum Mine will make consistent funds and a Zinc Mine will also make consistent funds, though on a different baseline than the Platinum Mine).

However, trying to kick-boost my economy, I got a little greedy and amped the price up to -15%. The following hour, hour and a half, I watched as my sales were cut down by around 40%. Not only was I making less money per trade - traders suddenly bought only 50-75 of a single type of goods where before they bought up to 220 -, but I was also less frequently getting messages in my Economy chat.

Changing the price back down to -23% this time (a compromise and a test), I noticed more traders returning over the next hours.

Are you sure price margins don't influence traders? Maybe I just encountered a classic case of anecdotal evidence as I said, but I think there was different behaviour based on my price margins.