Best way to assert dominance in a PvP server?

AceAxos

Hi there,

My friends and I are gonna start our own PvP faction servers and I want to know what tips people have for this game to become the largest galactic faction.

I was thinking having the most amount of stations in multiple sectors was the way to go.

I was also curious if having 1 massive capital ship is an overall effective strategy especially for PvP

Thanks for any tips.

Want to show your dominance?

- Don't let anyone in the 0,0 sector. Maybe even the surrounding ones.

- Invade other players' sectors with a superior force (multiple ships and a capital one). Don't do anything. Just sit there for a while. And leave at random.

Want to achieve dominance? Go to the Dark Side.

- Abuse the broken economy until you have a ship that measures its health in billions. Make sure its weapons outrange any other danger since you'll be pretty immobile.

- make sure you have a backup of every good fighter blueprint on some hidden ship/station.

- Abuse fighters while you can. The are basically semi-invulnerable flying weapons which need only 1 crew and no power. If you're allowed to build as many as you want, make sure the enemies lag because of their number. AI ain't affected by lag. People are. Psychologically, more than in performance.

P.S.: Showing dominance will make other players consider you a scumbag.

I have to agree with Uthael. While a show of power is good, too much will make your player base start to hate you, possibly banding together to completely crush your faction and keeping you from makeing any kind of move against them. Either that or they just leave, and a server with no players is just pointless.

Every good story needs a great antagonist. The entire galaxy banding together against one foe? That's a server I'd play on in a heartbeat.