Artist questions - Turret mod (visual)

Frosty40

Hi,

I am a professional artist and would love to update the turrets and turret icons for this amazing game. I have some specific tweaks in mind, and would love to combo with any of you modders out there to make things like faction unique turrets to go along with the upcoming weapons update.

My main question is, how can I get access to the original turret files? I want them for scale only and will be replacing them entirely.

Second question: What is the best way to get under the hood and replace those original assets.

Is there a popular extractor? Who has the compiler I can use when I finish my work on the updates?

I would be happy to show portfolio to any serious parties interested in working with me on this little side project.  Hopefully I can cadd to this super badass game. I really enjoy it.

concept blockout for the A series chaingun.

FfA4v95.png

When it comes time to texture I will add plenty of area for color so we can run the multiple factions individualized turrets.

Will def do a B style that adds a different option to chainguns. something more minmitar for those of us eve nerds.

They look beautiful..but one question. What are the poly counts on those?

Even with smoothing, they look pretty high

Bearing in mind some of the default turrets poly counts could probably be in single digits

Poly count in game probably around 30 - 60.

To achieve better model, yoi have to learn how to bake thoose turret for creating normals.