Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD] Carrier Command

Laserzwei

(...)

A quick look at the CarrierCommander.lua showed that in the sector callbacks for fighter events a check for the (i guess) mothership enitity checks whether the faction of the ship entity and the fighter are the same.

line 163: if Entity(entityId).factionIndex == Entity().factionIndex then 

That maybe ok if the faction for every mothership that uses carrier commands is different, but otherwise every carrier of the same faction holds messed up references to fighters in their squads.

Players and Aliiances are (behing the scenes) just extended Factions. The fighters started from a ship will always be of the same faction as the ship. It doesn't matter, if a player is flying it.

Regarding the crashes: These happened already in 0.16, but I still haven't found out why exactly.

On top of that Avorion's event system is not reliable anymore (and Carrier Command is literally build on it):

Sometimes registered events don't fire, which causes CC to not continue with its current task. This will e.g. show as fighters assigned to mine circle around the mothership despite there being asteroids left to mine.

When CC was published the Vanilla ship-commands did not work with fighters and would just let the ship do all the work. But the devs included fighter support.

So currently I recommend using the Vanilla tools at hand which have improved ever since.

h6YGLyX.png

eh, not enough to be a valid replacement really-unless you use mono-tasker which is ..well....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

updated CC to Avorion 0.17.1 and 0.18.1(beta)

Changelog

-- 1.8.0 for 0.18.x (beta)

- update from 1.7.0 to 0.18

-- 1.7.0 for 0.17.1 (main)

- rewrote code base

- moved from (buggy) Event-based system to Busy-waiting-based system

- mining/salvaging/attacking are now their own addons that are hold within its own modfolder (If you still have an CC installation make sure to delete it before updating from 0.10.1)

- changed license to QPL-1.0

Please note: There is a delay of ~20s after you activate a command until it starts operation. (It will show a blue "idle" icon beforehand though)

I think I've done everything correct with both Shipscriptloader and carrier command.

And the first time I use commands it seemed to work.  I set fighters to agressive and they all went killing with the 'return' icon. But only for one command after that the mod dont correspond.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is the mod still active or has vanilla made it obsolete?

I think I've done everything correct with both Shipscriptloader and carrier command.

And the first time I use commands it seemed to work.  I set fighters to agressive and they all went killing with the 'return' icon. But only for one command after that the mod dont correspond.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is the mod still active or has vanilla made it obsolete?

There is no `return` icon. Only docking (orange/yellow) or idle (blue), active (green), something went wrong (red). I can't decipher the 4th sentence, please elaborate further.

Q1: probably

Q2: Yes this mod is useable with 1.7.1 (current default/main version) and beta 1.8.2. Avoid using Vanilla commands and CC on the same ship at the same time though

I meant the return/dock command= an arrow.

Think everything works now.

The first time I tried it (yesterday) I could only use it once, then nothing, on any ship.

Today all commands go smooth and now I can see excactly what the mod does. Very Nice!

The first time I tried it (yesterday) I could only use it once, then nothing, on any ship.

Today all commands go smooth and now I can see excactly what the mod does. Very Nice!

There is currently a 15s delay before the command starts to get fighters off. Maybe that's what you've experienced?

Updated

Changelog:

-- 1.8.1 for 0.18.x (beta)

-- 1.7.1 for 0.17.1 (main)

- fixed a crash in aggressiveCommand.lua that could halt action on that ship

- fixed attack-fighters switching targets

- renamed aggressive to attack command

- Auto Assign now properly sets button actions

There is currently a 15s delay before the command starts to get fighters off. Maybe that's what you've experienced?

I doubt it, gave it time tested stuff etc. No even the ui acts differently now. probably the server/save something had to run it first or ..

well. it works, and the mod is nice, I'm becoming a master commander already, so its really simple to use:-)

What does the (A) and (D) mean after the various commands like Attack and Salvage, etc.

(A) stands for: Click this and the command Activates

(D) stands for: Click this and the command Deactivates

Thankyou, also amazing mod, definitely a must have mod.

Also a question, is the wait time intentional or game engine limit?

Thankyou, also amazing mod, definitely a must have mod.

Also a question, is the wait time intentional or game engine limit?

The 15s delay when starting a command comes from the way the timed calls in scripts are done in Avorion.

In short every CarrierCommander command is its own script. Avorion offers a function called  getUpdateInterval()  to grab the timing when a Script's update() gets called.

I programmed it to return 15(s), if currently there is no target (1-5(s) else).

The target gets selected in  update(). It's not called immediately after adding the script, but only after the time specified in getUpdateInterval(). And because update() hasn't run, no target has been selected, yet. And therefore getUpdateInterval() says to wait 15s.

Edit:

update

-- 1.8.2 for 0.18.x (beta)

-- 1.7.2 for 0.17.1 (main)

- Removed the Assign All command (did nothing special anymore)

- xsotan fighters target name fix

- reduced time for attack fighters to switch targets, after their previous target died

- Founding a ship as alliance ship, would break the mod. This was due to claimalliance.lua using namespace (no idea why it caused it though). I've included a namespace-less version for now

It's a great mod, but it's missing a repair command for repair fighters. Could you add that at some point, please?

wish granted:

-- 1.8.3 for 0.18.x (beta)

-- 1.7.3 for 0.17.1 (main)

- added repair command

- fixed typo in mine command

- fixed a typo in readme.md

- added readme.txt without the formatting characters of readme.md

- removed uneccessary data-saving in salvage command

I seen a loot command that supposedly works with your mod but I cant seem to get it to. when added the color coding on your wings does not work as well as the settings . Is there anyway you could make a command for cargo shuttles or even better wings with no target to seek out and collect dropped loot.

I seen a loot command that supposedly works with your mod but I cant seem to get it to. when added the color coding on your wings does not work as well as the settings . Is there anyway you could make a command for cargo shuttles or even better wings with no target to seek out and collect dropped loot.

This  mod is currently not compatible with Carrier Command

1.7.x

or

1.8.x

There is a difference in can do and will do

Maybe I'm missing something but you said that salvaging/mining were separate addons for this mod.  Where are those located? I don't see anything about them in the mods  folder from the updated zips on the initial post.

CarrierCommander_xxx.zip/CarrierCommander/mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/

Maybe I'm missing something but you said that salvaging/mining were separate addons for this mod.  Where are those located? I don't see anything about them in the mods  folder from the updated zips on the initial post.

CarrierCommander_xxx.zip/CarrierCommander/mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/

Ahh ok thanks! Didn't quite make my way in that far into the file structure.  Thought they were just going to be inside the main mods folder.  ( At work so I couldn't really test it out in game to see they were already functional).

Another random question. I'm on a server and I know the mod versions match (friends with the admin and I helped create the modpack we're using which includes this awesome mod), but for some reason my salvage fighters are always performing as if "Salvage Nearest" is unchecked.  Even logged out and back in, recalling and changing it then and the fighters always move to whatever is closest to my ship if I'm flying around a sector.  We're using the 1.7.3 version if that makes a difference.  Any ideas?  It's making the salvagers not very efficient if they're flying KM's away from their current target if I get close to another wreck.

Another random question. I'm on a server and I know the mod versions match (friends with the admin and I helped create the modpack we're using which includes this awesome mod), but for some reason my salvage fighters are always performing as if "Salvage Nearest" is unchecked.  Even logged out and back in, recalling and changing it then and the fighters always move to whatever is closest to my ship if I'm flying around a sector.  We're using the 1.7.3 version if that makes a difference.  Any ideas?  It's making the salvagers not very efficient if they're flying KM's away from their current target if I get close to another wreck.

You've observed that right! (and it affected miners and attackers as well)

Update

-- 1.8.4 for 0.18.x (beta) [2018-08-09]

-- 1.7.4 for 0.17.1 (main)

- switched from nearest old target to nearest of squad

- dock-all now forcefully stops carrier-commands

cant get work 1.7.5... i get stuck everytime in loading screen.... where i can download old 1.7.4? my fiail was to delete my zip file after downloading...need to go back to working version

got work only if i dont copy/overide "claimalliance.lua"

i play now with 1.7.5 in 1.7.1game and ignore claimalliance.lua file ^^

ok still not work.....

2018-08-11 02-08-01| #0: dockAll.initialize mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua

2018-08-11 02-08-01|

2018-08-11 02-08-01| could not execute function 'dockAll.initialize' in '"mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua"':

2018-08-11 02-08-01|

2018-08-11 02-08-01| mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua:81: attempt to index field 'cc' (a nil value)

2018-08-11 02-08-01| stack traceback:

2018-08-11 02-08-01|    mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua:81: in function 'getSquadsToManage'

2018-08-11 02-08-01|    mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua:20: in function <mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua:18>

2018-08-11 02-08-01|

2018-08-11 02-08-01| Starting thread [stacktrace Sender]...

2018-08-11 02-08-01| Started thread [stacktrace Sender] with id 20

2018-08-11 02-08-01| Script "mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

2018-08-11 02-08-01| scheduled save for sector (204:5), 0xadf40b0, entities: 15

2018-08-11 02-08-01| saving sector (204:5)

2018-08-11 02-08-01| sector (204:5) saved to "C:\Users\Kartonka\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\dedicated_server\sectors\204_5"

2018-08-11 02-08-01| player events roughly every 11.53 minutes

2018-08-11 02-08-01| Player Stahlglanz moved to sector (204:5) server time taken for change: 3ms

2018-08-11 02-08-01| sector (204:5) saved to "C:\Users\Kartonka\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\dedicated_server\sectors\204_5"

2018-08-11 02-08-02| Execution Context (inner to outer):

2018-08-11 02-08-02| #0: dockAll.updateServer mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua

cant get work 1.7.5... i get stuck everytime in loading screen.... where i can download old 1.7.4? my fiail was to delete my zip file after downloading...need to go back to working version

got work only if i dont copy/overide "claimalliance.lua"

i play now with 1.7.5 in 1.7.1game and ignore claimalliance.lua file ^^

ok still not work.....

2018-08-11 02-08-01| #0: dockAll.initialize mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua

2018-08-11 02-08-01|

2018-08-11 02-08-01| could not execute function 'dockAll.initialize' in '"mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua"':

2018-08-11 02-08-01|

2018-08-11 02-08-01| mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua:81: attempt to index field 'cc' (a nil value)

2018-08-11 02-08-01| stack traceback:

2018-08-11 02-08-01|    mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua:81: in function 'getSquadsToManage'

2018-08-11 02-08-01|    mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua:20: in function <mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua:18>

2018-08-11 02-08-01|

2018-08-11 02-08-01| Starting thread [stacktrace Sender]...

2018-08-11 02-08-01| Started thread [stacktrace Sender] with id 20

2018-08-11 02-08-01| Script "mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua" or one of its requirements is not in its original state, skipping sending of stack trace.

2018-08-11 02-08-01| player events roughly every 11.53 minutes

2018-08-11 02-08-01| Player Stahlglanz moved to sector (204:5) server time taken for change: 3ms

2018-08-11 02-08-02| Execution Context (inner to outer):

2018-08-11 02-08-02| #0: dockAll.updateServer mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/dockAllFighters.lua

You didn't follow the install instructions, no wonder bad things happen

Go here: https://discord.gg/ZJYYxrZ . I might be able to still help you