[MOD] Carrier Command

Laserzwei

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo :)

I have downloaded and installed the mod yesterday. I have followed the instructions and checked it multiple times. But i have no Fighter Icon top right. I have only the "vanilla" Fighter Icon at the left, whre i can give the normal instructions. #

EDIT:

Problem is history. It was my own stupidity. Have overseen a ")". :D

Hello there!

I've spent the better part of two days attempting to get this mod to work, going through numerous posts and potential solutions, only for it to not work.

I've resorted to wiping my entire Avorion installation, reinstalling it, and only installing ScriptShipLoader and Carrier Commands and starting a new galaxy, to no avail.

All I get is "Failed to locate script: mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/CarrierCommander.lua"

At this point I'm not sure what to do, and it would be nice if I could get some help on this.

All I get is "Failed to locate script: mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/CarrierCommander.lua"

I have had the exact same issue and been struggeling to solve it for a few days now. In the carrier commend aggressiveCommand.lua line 222 there is an extra AND. Delete that and the mod works.

The way I found this problem, was by installing script loader 1.0.0, which does not have code to handle missing scripts. That shows a problem with line 222. I will write my findings in the ShipScriptLoader thread aswell.

I fixed he pathing bug, where it would zig zag around the system wasting lots of time flying back and forth.  It now implements nearest neighbor solution to the travelling salesman problem, it's much more efficient.  Which is fancy talk for it now targets the asteroid nearest to the one it just finished, rather than to the ship.  When it starts it will of course target the one closest to the ship first (Usually, I have seen it target a different nearby one ONCE).  Tested in single player, but should work in multiplayer as well as the old way.

Also, I am working off a copy that says it is version 0.9 so if there is a newer version, please post a direct link, as neither the other thread nor this one seems to have the actual link to the mod.

-- check the sector for an asteroid that can be mined.
-- if there is one, assign minableAsteroid
function mineCommand.findMinableAsteroid()
    local ship = Entity()
    local sector = Sector()
    local oldAstroNum
    local sourceXYZ

if valid(mineCommand.minableAsteroid) then -- because even after the "asteroiddestroyed" event fired it still is part of sector:getEntitiesByType(EntityType.Asteroid) >,<
        oldAstroNum = mineCommand.minableAsteroid.index.number
	sourceXYZ = mineCommand.minableAsteroid.translationf
        mineCommand.unregisterTarget()
	else
	sourceXYZ = ship.translationf
    end

mineCommand.minableAsteroid = nil

local asteroids = {sector:getEntitiesByType(EntityType.Asteroid)}
    local nearest = math.huge
    --Go after closest asteroids first
    for _, a in pairs(asteroids) do
        local resources = a:getMineableResources()
        if ((resources ~= nil and resources > 0) or cc.settings["mineAllSetting"]) and a.index.number ~= oldAstroNum then
            -- local dist = distance2(a.translationf, ship.translationf)
		local dist = distance2(a.translationf, sourceXYZ)
            if dist < nearest then
                nearest = dist
                mineCommand.minableAsteroid = a
            end
        end
    end

if valid(mineCommand.minableAsteroid) then
        mineCommand.registerTarget()
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end

updated to version 0.10.0, for beta 0.16

- Added GreatWhiteKong's/Cwhizard's Nearest-Neighbor-targeting implementation, which can be turned on in the ingame-config menu

- Salvagers now actively look for new wreckages, hopefully being more reliant in player-less sectors, by Hammelpilaw

- Xsotan fighters should now be properly targeted

- The no Hangar message will now appear, as intented

could not execute function 'entityCreate' in '"mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/CarrierCommander.lua"':

invalid userobject of type Entity at stack position 1. obj->valid() check failed.

stack traceback:

[C]:-1: in function __index

...CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/aggressiveCommand.lua:324: in function flyableCreated

mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/CarrierCommander.lua:232: in function ?

- Added GreatWhiteKong's/Cwhizard's Nearest-Neighbor-targeting implementation, which can be turned on in the ingame-config menu

- Salvagers now actively look for new wreckages, hopefully being more reliant in player-less sectors, by Hammelpilaw

After this, CC Freezes our Server if we call back our Fighters.

could not execute function 'entityCreate' in '"mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/CarrierCommander.lua"':

invalid userobject of type Entity at stack position 1. obj->valid() check failed.

stack traceback:

[C]:-1: in function __index

...CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/aggressiveCommand.lua:324: in function flyableCreated

mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/CarrierCommander.lua:232: in function ?

I guess you use carrierCommand 0.9 for 0.15?

try changing line 320 to:

if aggressiveCommand.checkEnemy(entity) and valid(aggressiveCommand.enemyTarget)  then

After this, CC Freezes our Server if we call back our Fighters.

This is bad, really bad. I couldn't recreate the issue yet. Any more specific infos on how to recreate it?

have the version Beta 0.15.8r10262 and mod version

CarrierCommander_0.10.0 freez the server

CarrierCommander 0.9 edit the

if aggressiveCommand.checkEnemy(entity) and valid(aggressiveCommand.enemyTarget)  then

...CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/aggressiveCommand.lua

the my english not good -.-

Deutsch

werde es im auge behalten wenn der server wieder abschmiert werde ich es wieder posten hoffe passiert nicht durch die enderung in der lua das der server halt weiter arbeitet und die Salvagingvnicht wirder fehlerhaft sind das sympol bleibt bei den rot wenn ein seues wrack erscheint also wenn ein gegner gekillt wird passiert nichts

Google translater english xD

will keep it in mind if the server again smeared I will post again hope not through the end in the lua that the server stops working and the Salvagingvnicht werder erroneous the sympol remains at the red if a seues wreck appears so if a nothing happens to the enemy

Deutsch

werde es im auge behalten wenn der server wieder abschmiert werde ich es wieder posten hoffe passiert nicht durch die enderung in der lua das der server halt weiter arbeitet und die Salvagingvnicht wirder fehlerhaft sind das sympol bleibt bei den rot wenn ein seues wrack erscheint also wenn ein gegner gekillt wird passiert nichts

will keep it in mind if the server again smeared I will post again hope not through the end in the lua that the server stops working and the Salvagingvnicht werder erroneous the sympol remains at the red if a seues wreck appears so if a nothing happens to the enemy

CC-0.9.0 is for 0.15

and

CC-0.10.0 is for 0.16

However: Never should a mod cause a server-crash. The functions defined in the API don't allow for such low-level access. If such a hard-crash happens it is always unexpected/-documented behaviour of that function. I, as a mod developer, can neither change nor improve or fix these functions. The only thing I can do, is not using them and trying to find a combination of others to keep the general functionality woking. Therefore it is of great importance to figure out which exact function, under which circumstances, causes the crash and report it to Koonschi (the gamedev).

Ps: Es gibt rechts über jedem  post einen "insert Quote" button, mit dem man diesen post inklusive formatierung zitieren kann

Deutsch

CC-0.9.0 is for 0.15

and

CC-0.10.0 is for 0.16

However: Never should a mod cause a server-crash. The functions defined in the API don't allow for such low-level access. If such a hard-crash happens it is always unexpected/-documented behaviour of that function. I, as a mod developer, can neither change nor improve or fix these functions. The only thing I can do, is not using them and trying to find a combination of others to keep the general functionality woking. Therefore it is of great importance to figure out which exact function, under which circumstances, causes the crash and report it to Koonschi (the gamedev).

Ps: Es gibt rechts über jedem  post einen "insert Quote" button, mit dem man diesen post inklusive formatierung zitieren kann

CC-0.9.0 is for 0.15

bei der version geht alles nur ab und an hören die abwrack jäger auf zu arbeiten bleiben einfach um das schiff stehen und machen nichts mehr man muss dann immer wieder mal stop klicken und wieder starten dann arbeiten sie weiter die bliben irgent wie hängen bei der neuen version von dir geht alles nur das der server dann irgent wann ein freezt

in the version it all just goes off and on the scrapping hunters stop working just stay around the ship and do not do anything anymore you have to stop clicking again and then start again then they continue to work irgent as hang on the new version all you do is that the server then irgent when a freezt

CC-0.9.0 is for 0.15

bei der version geht alles nur ab und an hören die abwrack jäger auf zu arbeiten bleiben einfach um das schiff stehen und machen nichts mehr man muss dann immer wieder mal stop klicken und wieder starten dann arbeiten sie weiter die bliben irgent wie hängen bei der neuen version von dir geht alles nur das der server dann irgent wann ein freezt

in the version it all just goes off and on the scrapping hunters stop working just stay around the ship and do not do anything anymore you have to stop clicking again and then start again then they continue to work irgent as hang on the new version all you do is that the server then irgent when a freezt

this script is not working on a online server right? on singleplayer it is working on online not :(

same here :(

Do you guys have some crash log? Some specific thing you did before the crash occured? To try and fix it I could use some point of reference to start from

i dont now if the script is crashing. in singleplayer i have the icon for the mod in right top corner. Online server not, server is not crashing.

Then most likely shp-script-loader is not installed (properly) on the server side.

Carrier command has to be installed on the server side as well

hm so we instaled the mod on the server and it is all ok. But :D  the salvage function crashet the server twice now

1) Carrier command 0.10.0 with Avorion 0.16.1, I guess?

2) You say it crashed, when you activated, deactivated or while being used?

3) Was it on the ship you were personally (or a player reporting it) flying, or some different ship of your fleet?

4) Are there any Carriers working in sectors without playyers?

Any crash-log?

<Server> Player Shirurthane joined the galaxy

Script Loaded

Player logged in: Shirurthane, index: 1

player events roughly every 12.33 minutes

Triggered saving of all server data.

Ich mach es mal auf Deutsch sorry.

Ja 0.10.0 mit der beta

alle fighter starten zum kämpfen funktioniert einwandfrei töten alle gegner und kommen zurück.

dann starte ich die salvager sie salvagen 1 wrack und kommen zurück und stehen neben dem schiff. und es passiert nix, wenn ich dann drücke zum docken oder salvagen fliege ich vom server. Ich war im schiff auch alleine auf dem server.

Das komsiche ist das in der serverübersicht steht 1 spieler drauf das bin ich angeblich kann auch nicht connecten muss den server stoppen und neustarten.

ka ob es noch andere logs gibt das ist die konsole von der g-portal seite

PS: kann auch sein das es ein problem von der beta her ist und den salvagefightern

<Server> Player Shirurthane joined the galaxy

Script Loaded

Player logged in: Shirurthane, index: 1

player events roughly every 12.33 minutes

Triggered saving of all server data.

Ich mach es mal auf Deutsch sorry.

Ja 0.10.0 mit der beta

alle fighter starten zum kämpfen funktioniert einwandfrei töten alle gegner und kommen zurück.

dann starte ich die salvager sie salvagen 1 wrack und kommen zurück und stehen neben dem schiff. und es passiert nix, wenn ich dann drücke zum docken oder salvagen fliege ich vom server. Ich war im schiff auch alleine auf dem server.

Das komsiche ist das in der serverübersicht steht 1 spieler drauf das bin ich angeblich kann auch nicht connecten muss den server stoppen und neustarten.

ka ob es noch andere logs gibt das ist die konsole von der g-portal seite

PS: kann auch sein das es ein problem von der beta her ist und den salvagefightern

Das grenzt es schonmsl ein. In dem Ordner wo die galaxy gespeichert ist sind auch die server logs (%appdata%/roaming/Avorion/galaxies)