Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD] Carrier Command

Laserzwei

I think you are simply unlucky. Salvaging fighters have always had problems hitting very small moving targets.

Wonder how I can be that unlucky.. happend yesterday around 20-30 times with unmoving wracks

Btw docking all fighters works fine for me too.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, wonna ask, in one of old versions, you can split your drones to like each squad to each target, and they will salvage ships in this style with personal targeting system, but now i think it's don't work coz they have one for all target system or something, can i do something to make this work again ?

Hey,

I've just started with Avorion a few days ago and installed this mod to make my carrier life easier. Great work  :D

After the latest patch I updated the mod to version 1.10.1 and noticed some wrack parts that can't be salvaged and all salvagers are stuck till they are called back.

It seems, you've used double-beam turret for your salvagers. With very small pieces beams simply miss with both beams as their target point is right between them, use single-beams turret only.

Is there something special i need to do to make this work when I'm flying an Alliance carrier?  I don't even get t he 'Carrier Command' icon in top right corner when I enter an alliance carrier.

Hmm.. Nevermind.  It seems to be working fine today. I have no clue what has changed, outside of the passage of  time, and both a client and server restart.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there something special i need to do to make this work when I'm flying an Alliance carrier?  I don't even get t he 'Carrier Command' icon in top right corner when I enter an alliance carrier.

Hmm.. Nevermind.  It seems to be working fine today. I have no clue what has changed, outside of the passage of  time, and both a client and server restart.

broken for me as well!

additional question (it started working), ive been seeing some delays before my fighters will deploy on my server, longer (20-30 seconds) then id expect- the main thing ive changed since i last had it up was some changes to the number of worker ect threads- ive seen some odd script lag with larger numbers of threads before, and was wondering if this could be related?

additional question (it started working), ive been seeing some delays before my fighters will deploy on my server, longer (20-30 seconds) then id expect- the main thing ive changed since i last had it up was some changes to the number of worker ect threads- ive seen some odd script lag with larger numbers of threads before, and was wondering if this could be related?

It can, in fact, take up to 30 seconds until fighters start.

little heads up, minor issue with the new support for repair fighters- if the mothership is damaged, they seem to just aimlessly swarm around it (ignoring all other damaged friendlies)  like they do if you give them a vanilla attack command on their carrier

little heads up, minor issue with the new support for repair fighters- if the mothership is damaged, they seem to just aimlessly swarm around it (ignoring all other damaged friendlies)  like they do if you give them a vanilla attack command on their carrier

Thanks for the heads up. It seems the fighter beahaviour has changed. Repair fighters have to "FighterOrders.Defend" their own mothership, while they have to "FighterOrders.Attack" any other ship, to even start repairing.

Thanks for the heads up. It seems the fighter beahaviour has changed. Repair fighters have to "FighterOrders.Defend" their own mothership, while they have to "FighterOrders.Attack" any other ship, to even start repairing.

happy to help!  ^^

• 1 month later...

started a new game with the new patch. mod still work perfectly. Until I build my second ship and the icon is nowhere to be found.

I can pilot my first craft and use the mod.

I can pilot my second craft and use the mod on the first craft by orders.

I cannot pilot the first craft and use the mod on the second craft by orders.

mod probably thinks I still have just the one since the patch changed Founding cost. dunno what to do now.

send help.

started a new game with the new patch. mod still work perfectly. Until I build my second ship and the icon is nowhere to be found.

I can pilot my first craft and use the mod.

I can pilot my second craft and use the mod on the first craft by orders.

I cannot pilot the first craft and use the mod on the second craft by orders.

mod probably thinks I still have just the one since the patch changed Founding cost. dunno what to do now.

send help.

This is because steam over-wrote a core script on the update that Carrier Command modifies to attach the mod's icon in your UI when you're in a compatible ship/station.

You will need to re-add that script from Carrier Command and over-write: 

data/scripts/entity/init.lua

• 2 months later...

Can this be automatically installed using the modconfig.lua and SteamCMD?  Will this auto-install on the client if subscribed to?

All yes.

But there is a bug with dedicated servers that prevent the Carrier Command mod from properly working right now. It will be fixed with the next Avorion-update:

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have used your mod in the past and it worked always without any issue. I decided to start the game again recently and noticed that most things are moved to the workshop now.

I have subscribed to the basic mod and the standart command mod. Steam downloaded it. But i does not work ingame for me.

I can remember that i needed some kind of script loader in the past. Is this maybe the problem?

Hello,

I have used your mod in the past and it worked always without any issue. I decided to start the game again recently and noticed that most things are moved to the workshop now.

I have subscribed to the basic mod and the standart command mod. Steam downloaded it. But i does not work ingame for me.

I can remember that i needed some kind of script loader in the past. Is this maybe the problem?

There is no script needed, other than the 2 mods (main mod and commands package). You will also have to activate them in Settings -> Mods

There is no script needed, other than the 2 mods (main mod and commands package). You will also have to activate them in Settings -> Mods

Yes exactly that was the problem. I almost feel a bit stupid now. But at least I can enjoy this mod now :)

Thank you alot. Have a nice day.

• 1 year later...

Does this mod need an update? It seems like it's not working at present. If I activate the mining or salvaging commands for a ship through carrier commands, the fighters launch but do nothing. If I issue their carrier ship a normal vanilla command to salvage or mine, the fighters suddenly work.

2 hours ago, kellyR said:

Does this mod need an update? It seems like it's not working at present. If I activate the mining or salvaging commands for a ship through carrier commands, the fighters launch but do nothing. If I issue their carrier ship a normal vanilla command to salvage or mine, the fighters suddenly work.

If you check the bottom of the initial post, it says for game versions 0.23.0+ you need to download the Steam versions and gives links.

Yeah, I got it off the workshop, I just figured posting here might get attention since the workshop comments where other people have posted about this issue haven't been replied to.

Also I figured I'd see if anyone else was having the same problem, other than the one or two comments on the steam workshop.

Edited by kellyR