Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[MOD] Carrier Command

Laserzwei

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laserzwei? can we get the loot mod to work with the newest CC?

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4694.0.html

this is the mod I was trying to get to work, can you fix it so this works or right it into the current CC mod?

I won't be updating it. If you find someone who wants to, I will gladly support him with code snippets and the concepts of how CC-plugins are supposed to work.

Also:

Updated CC to 1.9.0 experimental

changelog:

-- 1.9.0 experimental for 0.19.x [2018-10-19]

- halved calculation times for targeting enemies by changing the order of if-statements

- discarded the seperate Xsotan-enemy detection code and used Vanilla ShipAi. As a result Xsotan aren't seen as neutral by the ship (and only the ship CC is running on) anymore

- added Unsupervised targeting-option to enable Vanilla-targeting behavior against enemies(which overrites Attack Civils, Attack Stations, Aggressive Targetting). It's also one magnitude faster than the beforehand mentioned speed increase.

- added config option to enforce Unsupervised targeting serverwide

There is no apparent reason to update from 1.18.5 as it will work just fine with Avorion 0.19. I've just spend some time improving the code

Edit [2018-10-24]: With the announced changes to Salvage- and MineAI it is to assume that it will take some time before they get integrated ino Carrier Commander

Edit [2018-10-28]:

Updated CC to 1.9.1 experimental:

-- 1.9.1 experimental for 0.19.x [2018-10-28]

- Dropped requirement for ShipScriptLoader. Instead I'm using vanilla /entity/init.lua

- To properly work with alliance ships either overwriting claimalliance.lua or modifying shipfounder line 140 to use addScriptOnce is mandatory. See: readme/install instructions

- Guardian gets its proper priority assigned now (Thanks to Hammelpilaw)

- fighters will always prefer higher priority targets

- with multiple same-priority targets fighters will prefer its current target, but only if it is 15km closer than the next closest target (effectively avoiding them to chase enemies to far off and getting into crossfire)

- changed default priorities: fighter > ship > guardian > station

Again: The install procedure has changed! with 1.9.1 and up. Follow the instructions in the readme file(s).

• 3 weeks later...

Updated CC to 1.9.2

-- 1.9.2 for 0.19.x [2018-11-06]

- added Slider to control re-targeting threshold distance (You don't know what that could be? Look in the Wiki!)

- now runs on stations again (Did nobody notice that this was missing?)

- fixed some typos, added some more descriptions

- readme shrinked down to the basic install instructions (advanced Install instructions? Right in the Wiki!)

Reminder: ShipScriptLoader is no longer required! The installation process has been simplyfied by a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got it installed correctly and it's working great. I did notice one thing I'd like see in there, if possible. In the commands for the different fighter types, have 'Ignore' in addition to defend or dock. It would be nice to leave the miners mining or the salvagers, salvaging while the combat guys and the main ship are doing their thing with the bad guys.

Just a thought

I finally got it installed correctly and it's working great. I did notice one thing I'd like see in there, if possible. In the commands for the different fighter types, have 'Ignore' in addition to defend or dock. It would be nice to leave the miners mining or the salvagers, salvaging while the combat guys and the main ship are doing their thing with the bad guys.

Just a thought

"Dock all Fighters", docks all fighters at once - surprise! ;D - and deactivates all commands.

You can click an active Button (e.g. Mine Command[D]) and it will return only the fighters assigned to mine back to base.

"Dock all Fighters", docks all fighters at once - surprise! ;D - and deactivates all commands.

You can click an active Button (e.g. Mine Command[D]) and it will return only the fighters assigned to mine back to base.

I understand that it was only a suggestion to bypass the whole dock then relaunch thing. If the Miners and salvagers ignore combat, they will keep on keepin' on while the fighters do the fighting. Like I said just a suggestion. - Surprise!

Does this MOD work in Multiplayer? I have heard different informations about this. I really like the features it provides, but we will be using Fighters with different players within one sector and I want to make sure, that everything works out before I suggest to use the MOD to our Admin and the other players.

I understand that it was only a suggestion to bypass the whole dock then relaunch thing. If the Miners and salvagers ignore combat, they will keep on keepin' on while the fighters do the fighting. Like I said just a suggestion. - Surprise!

I use the mod all the time and I've seen the behavior you described, even in vanilla game but I haven't played vanilla since I found this mod so I can't be sure if it's changed for vanilla.

If I understand correctly, the mod script checks the blueprint to figure out what type of squad it is and what orders apply to it. It doesn't look at the fighters individually. So if you got a combat fighter blueprint for a mixed squad of combat/salvagers/miners, the combat orders will apply to all fighters in the squad regardless of fighter type. If you didn't set a blueprint for that squad, I guess the mod script looks at the first fighter in the squad or maybe the squad is considered combat by default or something, the mod author would have to explain.

If it's a mixed squad with a combat blueprint, the salvagers/miners in that squad will not salvage or mine, they'll shoot ships. This is actually useful if you got salvagers in a combat squad cuz they do tons of damage to hull. Not so much with miners. Of course, it's totally useless to put salvagers or combat fighters in a miner squad cuz you get no resource from them. There's only one kind of target where it's useful to put miners and salvagers and combat fighters in the same squad and it's the xsotan breeders cuz it's part asteroid and part ship, but if I'm not mistaken this mod doesn't have any function to make this work and send out a fighter squad to attack those things. You gotta shoot them with your main ship or use AI-captained ships or whatever.

I use only blueprints and build the squads from scratch so they're all dedicated, never mixed squads, that's the easiest solution to the problem you described.

Oh yeah I forgot. If you use this mod, don't use the vanilla orders next to the squad icons on the left. Use only the mod icon/menu that comes with the mod. I don't know if using vanilla orders can mess things up cuz I've never used vanilla orders with the mod installed, just saying maybe it's safer that way.

Actually, this whole part of the thread that I started was because I had a major brain cramp. For some reason, I was thinking the defend/dock command was for what to do in the event of combat, when it was really for when they ran out of things to do.

One can never assume the level one's own idiocy; sometimes you just have to boldly and proudly show it to the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Together

update (ok i have look into "Which Mods Are Supported This Patch?")

I play on the Beta Branch and the mod don´t work anymore. Is this right?

I have the icon in the right top i can open the menu and the settings but i miss the autocommand butten

and the fighter don't react on the orders. Only with the vanilla icons on the left i can give orders.

Please can you help me?

kind regarts

What I have done allredy:

Downloaded the latest modversions of CC and SSL.

Than I deliedet the data folder and the old mods than i get the new from Steam.

Then I installed the mods.

Install Instructions                    check

Mod conflict resolving            check

SSL.lua                                              looks like

Config.Add("mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/CarrierCommander.lua")

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/aggressiveCommand.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/aggressiveCommand_config.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/mineCommand.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/mineCommand_config.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/repairCommand.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/repairCommand_config.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/salvageCommand.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/salvageCommand_config.lua)

return Config

have i missing some thing?

Hallo Together

update (ok i have look into "Which Mods Are Supported This Patch?")

I play on the Beta Branch and the mod don´t work anymore. Is this right?

I have the icon in the right top i can open the menu and the settings but i miss the autocommand butten

and the fighter don't react on the orders. Only with the vanilla icons on the left i can give orders.

Please can you help me?

kind regarts

What I have done allredy:

Downloaded the latest modversions of CC and SSL.

Than I deliedet the data folder and the old mods than i get the new from Steam.

Then I installed the mods.

Install Instructions                    check

Mod conflict resolving            check

SSL.lua                                              looks like

Config.Add("mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/CarrierCommander.lua")

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/aggressiveCommand.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/aggressiveCommand_config.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/mineCommand.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/mineCommand_config.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/repairCommand.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/repairCommand_config.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/salvageCommand.lua)

Config.Add("mods/CCBasicCommands/scripts/entity/ai/salvageCommand_config.lua)

return Config

have i missing some thing?

CC1.10 for Avorion 0.20.x (beta). "Which Mods Are Supported This Patch?" Is horribly outdated (We are at stable 0.19/beta0.20 and it lists mods for stable 0.17 and beta 0.18). Ship Script Loader is no longer required. "Start all" has been removed.

Laserzwei, Have you ever considered renumbering the versions to match the version/build of the game? Seems to me that might clear up a lot of this confusion.

For what it's worth...

I see no need for that. In the 2nd post it lists all changes and for which version they are. If a CC-version lasts longer than a Avorion-Version, then such renaming would cause much more confusion. There is still the rule: Highest mod-version goes with newest game-version.

Also mind you that "Marc1988" didn't use the downloads from this forum, but did use the Github master branch, which -like the game- is on the main branch (0.19). 0.20 is still beta, so naturally the changes for CC 1.10 are on its own 0.20 branch. Github is my developement (and testing) area. Which is why the install instructions on the Github wiki point directly to the first post of this thread and not somewhere on Github.

First off, great mod. Boggles the mind how a more robust mechanic like this is not\has not been implemented, so thank you.

Now to the meat of the post. I've been playing this mod single player now and a buddy decided we should put in on the dedicated server, after looking of this thread it appeared to work, as long as both, the server and client had matching mod. Well he put the files in the proper folders (as far as we can tell) and nothing seams to happen. Some insight on what we could be missing would be great.

[*]But how i can find the beta githup?

[*]I only find CC 1.9.2 und CC 1.10.1 in the first 5 posts ore i´m blinded?

1.9.2 is for Avorion's main version (0.19.x)

1.10.0 is for the opt-in beta (0.20.x)

Avoid the github inbetween-versions and use the packaged versions below the first post of this thread.

This was up to just now the state of things, but now there is an

Update:

-- 1.10.1 for 0.20.x [2018-12-18]

- Fighters will now attack stations again. oopsie

- The threshold config slider got its original look back

-- 1.9.2b for 0.19.x [2018-12-18]

- Fighters will now attack stations again. oopsie

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I've just started with Avorion a few days ago and installed this mod to make my carrier life easier. Great work  :D

After the latest patch I updated the mod to version 1.10.1 and noticed some wrack parts that can't be salvaged and all salvagers are stuck till they are called back.

This happend many times in the last few hours.

Did this happen to anybody else?

bug1.png

bug2.png

Hi,

first i want to say thanks for the mod. It really helps having a carrier.

Since the last update, 6th february, i've noticed that the mod have som issues. The "dock all fighters" won't work anymore. Is it a known issue or only for me?

kind regards

Hey,

I've just started with Avorion a few days ago and installed this mod to make my carrier life easier. Great work  :D

After the latest patch I updated the mod to version 1.10.1 and noticed some wrack parts that can't be salvaged and all salvagers are stuck till they are called back.

I think you are simply unlucky. Salvaging fighters have always had problems hitting very small moving targets.

Hi,

first i want to say thanks for the mod. It really helps having a carrier.

Since the last update, 6th february, i've noticed that the mod have som issues. The "dock all fighters" won't work anymore. Is it a known issue or only for me?

kind regards

Dock all fighters works fine for me. I hope you are using 1.10.1 with the current 0.20.4.