Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Forum Trolls and Abusive behavior on steam forums.. And the Devs of the Forum.

Death From Above

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I made this post because of a consistent attack on my posts.. this guy is literally going to every one of my posts and harassing me..  >:( I've actually had to unsub from almost all of my posts because of his behavior. If you want his steam name pm me if you want to make sure you avoid him..

Also to add.. seems the devs kinda abandoned the steam forums which in my opinion is not a great idea.. Im sure they got alot to do and don't have time for it but maybe they should make time as they lose people from events like this..

Uh, I dunno, ignore him? I can also imagine devs have better things to do than watching over some kids spewing insults at each other over a video game.

EDIT: Luminaire worded it much better than I did. Solid advice - just don't get into circle of pointless responses.

If a post violates the steam discussion rules, do not respond to it. Report the post and move on. Gamehub developers do have the ability to designated moderators for their gamehubs which take presidence over reported posts, but if reports start piling up without action, the valve community moderators will step in and deal with it. (Read over the rules and determine if the post is rulebreaking before reporting. Don't report posts that are just "annoying" to you.)

If the person is just getting under your skin though without violating the rules, then cease responding to them. They'll only latch onto you if you let them, and it can only bother you if you acknowledge them. I know that's hard to do sometimes, but if you can keep yourself out of their game, the problem will eventually resolve itself.

Just as an aside, I have a pretty strong guess who you're talking about.

A piece of advice that I often hand out is "Respond once, clarify once, walk away once.". Forum annoyances just love carrying on confrontation as long as they possibly can, and will often go to the ends of the world to do so. Don't give them that opportunity.