[Spoiler] Clarification on getting one artifact

Uthael

Suggestion

So far, I've collected all artifacts but the VII. I resorted to checking for guides on the Internet (something I rarely do). Turns out you need to destroy 4 M.A.D. sattelites and that spawns the boss.

Stuff I've tried with those:

- contacting them

- flying about in the sector, trying to get it to notice me

- mining (stealing the resources it's watching)

- getting angry aliens there and saving it from them

- lowering the reputation to minimum (thought this might spawn a boss)

- destroying it

- salvaging every last bit of it

- salvaging every last bit of another one from it's full HP

I've also tried a lot of other random stuff with other places in the game, completely unrelated to the sattelites. Like grinding down a pirate shipyard or going to strange-looking parts of the map. I enjoy solving stuff like that. That's how I got the other artifacts (and found some glitchy stuff).

But I've destroyed 2 of those sattelites and I recieved no hints that anything is about to change. Fair conclusion was that they are just there to farm upgrades (as one NPC had told me).

I suggest putting some hints in-game that destroying those is not futile. Like that boss contacting you in a rude manner when you first damage a sattelite. And doing so with a different conversations on every next sattelite. Much like Bottan says "You again" the second time. When things change, you know you're doing something (be it useful or harmful to you).

1 answer to this suggestion

Completely agree.

As a preferred non-aggressive player, I didn't want to randomly blow up a research satellite.

I had to look up how to get the last upgrade because I never randomly decided to blow up a research station.