Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

No boss at 0.0

calle

Playing at a game i started when the economy beta came out today i broke the barrier and headed for 0.0

I did not do any of the 3 quests inside of the ring as i wanted to do 2 of the achievements  but went (almost) strait for 0.0

When i get there its a few enemies but no guardian.

Looking at the dev console i see:

"Could not execute function 'SpawnGuardian.onSectorEntered' in "data/script/player/story/spawnguardian.lua";

data/script/player/story/spawnguardian.lua:27 : attempt to index a nil value

I looked at the client log but it does not have the same errors

Printscreen of the dev console: https://imgur.com/a/Z3z9g

(sidenote to dev, really 192 in max upload is not enough for one printscreen from steam)

System: win7

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800

On the latest beta branch.

(Single player, no mods)

So as their was no response here i went to a resistance office and picked up the quests "One against all and all against one" and "getting technical" and returned to 0.0 with no change, 2 enemy ships chilling there but no boss.

This weekend in going to try and complete the quests to see if it makes any changes.

The boss should spawn when a player enters sector 0:0 (except the boss was killed and the 60min timer is still running). Are you using any mods? When you do, wich mods? Please also post a complete server log file.

Edit: ah did not see the "(Single player, no mods)"... sorry. However... please post a complete server log conaining this issue.

It's single player on the beta branch from steam.

I did have mods before but deleted all data files and redownloaded/validated it from steam when the economy beta came out. that was when i started a new game

Can i see the server log in single player, in what location?

Looks like your guardian spawn script is failing for some reason:

32_-4"

2017-12-12 21-08-55| could not execute function 'SpawnGuardian.onSectorEntered' in '"data/scripts/player/story/spawnguardian.lua"':

2017-12-12 21-08-55| data/scripts/player/story/spawnguardian.lua:27: attempt to index a nil value

2017-12-12 21-08-55| stack traceback:

2017-12-12 21-08-55| data/scripts/player/story/spawnguardian.lua:27: in function <data/scripts/player/story/spawnguardian.lua:14>

2017-12-12 21-08-55|

2017-12-12 21-08-55| Player calle moved to sector (0:0)from (0:1) server time taken for change: 28ms

2017-12-12 21-08-55| scheduled save for sector (0:0), 0x2cf680d0, entities: 842

2017-12-12 21-08-55| saving sector (0:0)

2017-12-12 21-08-55| sector (0:0) saved to "C:\Users\Calle\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\economybeta\sectors\0_0"

2017-12-12 21-08-55| scheduled save for sector (0:1), 0x2cf6a1a0, entities: 60

2017-12-12 21-08-55| saving sector (0:1)

2017-12-12 21-08-55| sector (0:1) saved to "C:\Users\Calle\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\economybeta\sectors\0_1"

2017-12-12 21-08-57| Received an invoke script message for an entity that does not exist: cff83ea5-7e17-4dac-99c3-06dd316b5b40

2017-12-12 21-09-24| Triggered saving of all server data.

Did any of your mods modify the guardian? (Previous ones before you did reload).

No.

Before i had the this installed: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=1032.0

But when the Economy beta came out i deleted the avorion folder in steam and redownloaded and validated the files. So i should not have any mods installed now.

After that i started the current galaxy. So i think everything is "vanilla" now.

edited my post it was not the fleet mod but Alpha! Carrier commands

Thanks for any tips.

I just deleted the folder

G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Avorion (where the game is located)

and redownloaded it through steams file validation. i deleted  the sectors 0_0 & 0_0v  and started the game. Jumped in to 0.0 and no boss.

Server log down below.

Edit: i never had mods on this galaxy it was in the game before. but i deleted the game files and downloaded the game again before starting this galaxy.

serverlog_2017-12-12_22-16-26.txt

As to the question if it's recreatable i just started a sandbox game and teleported to 0.0 and there is a boss.

So something in my save must have messed it up. Kind of sad as i got 80 hours in it :(

Now it would be interesting to know what causes it. so i don't spend another x hours and again not be able to finish the game.

Maybe try to edit file data/script/player/story/spawnguardian.lua.

if not entity.factionIndex or (not Player(entity.factionIndex) and not Faction(entity.factionIndex).isAlliance) then

Change this to:

[code]if not valid(entity) or not entity.factionIndex or (not Player(entity.factionIndex) and not Faction(entity.factionIndex).isAlliance) then

[/code]

Download of your savestate is currently running... bad connection here...  :(

Edit: going to bed soon, its getting late at my timezone. Will check your savestate tomorrow.

Shit Hammelpilaw. You don't have to go through all the troubles if it's just a bad save file. Im fine with that. Just wanted to report it in case it's a bug and could affect other players.

Im going to try your suggestion and change the lua file tomorrow it's getting late here as well.

Sleep tight.

Hi.

So i tested changing the LUA code and it didn't help.

Looking at the code you linked it attempts to delete some entitys

and in sector 0.0 of my save there are 3 secret stashes and one claimable asteroid.

Could any of those case the issues if they are special entity? (Im just guessing here im no god at reading code)

Cheers

So first i tried to remove 0_0 and 0_0v a few times but each time when i jumped back to 0_0 it was the same format of the sector, a few ships, 3 secret stashes and one claimable asteroid, but no boss.

So i just tried a workaround.

I started a creative game, teleported to 0.0 jumped out of the sector and left game.

Then i copied 0_0 and 0_0v from the creative game to my "bugged" game and jumped back to 0.0

It worked the guardian spawned.

https://imgur.com/a/LrZcI

But now he part of "The Eequll Pirates" So when he spawns xsotan ships the attack him  :o 8) Ah well worth a try.

So first i tried to remove 0_0 and 0_0v a few times but each time when i jumped back to 0_0 it was the same format of the sector, a few ships, 3 secret stashes and one claimable asteroid, but no boss.

So i just tried a workaround.

I started a creative game, teleported to 0.0 jumped out of the sector and left game.

Then i copied 0_0 and 0_0v from the creative game to my "bugged" game and jumped back to 0.0

It worked the guardian spawned.

https://imgur.com/a/LrZcI

But now he part of "The Eequll Pirates" So when he spawns xsotan ships the attack him  :o 8) Ah well worth a try.

Just reproduced this issue in a fresh vanilla galaxy. It happens when a claimable asteroid or a stash is in the sector. There is an issue in the script spwnguardian.lua:

Faction(entity.factionIndex).isAlliance crashes the script because Faction(entity.factionIndex) is nil when "entity" is an claimable asteroid or stash. I do not know why entity.factionIndex is not nil, wich should stop the if statement... however, removing all stashes and claimable asteroids fixed this issue.

To fix this issue in your galaxy do this with all claimable asteroids an hidden stashes:

• select the asteroid/stash by 3rd mouse button
  • type "/destroy"
  • when all of them are removed: leave the sector and enter again -> the guardian will spawn